The Funny License Plate Thread

Thanks. I haven't seen many really appropriate which are online to post on here, I'll try and find a few and post them. Lets hope some people get the ball rolling.

I found this when I was at the Honda Indy Toronto

picture.php

Not so much chance for number plate fun over here, I haven't clocked any lately but my friend sent this to me months ago.

Yeah, in the U.K. there isn't really alot of fun plates so the ones I posted I got off the internet but when I'm out and about I'm going to look for some.

When the new GTP format comes out, I will post a picture of a Porsche 928 with a number plate reading "Deutschebag."

You can barely see it in the photo because the car was relatively far away, but I figure its better to post a picture than get shot down by people saying "pics or GTFO" like in other threads.

I read that as "H8SBRO". And it's an Alaskan plate... there is a connection there that I didn't want to make.

Hate (H8) Sub-Zero (SUB 0)

Although BRO is a pretty lame airport if you have to use the non-existent restroom, or catch the last didn't-make-it flight of the day.

I wonder how many people want that plate. Kinda like the several million dollar "F1" plate... on a Veyron. It should be a McLaren F1!!!

CallmeDan
I wonder how many people want that plate. Kinda like the several million dollar "F1" plate... on a Veyron. It should be a McLaren F1!!!

In America, we don't have a tradable plate registry. (Although maybe in the plate collector world there is?) Each state is different, but the ones that permit a vanity plate just costs an additional premium (usually around double) over a standard-issue serial number.

So if you choose "F1", you have to hope nobody else chose it, or it wasn't issued already within that state. And with most states, I assume you keep the rights to it unless you fail to renew it, unless it's one of those "this plate stays on the car forever"-states.

Back