The Funny Screenshot Thread

E6sQwpTX0AAkoG6.jpg

The joke is that I never knew that the Spanish national anthem has no words until I watched Spain's opening game of Euro 2020(1) with my workmates, and my Spanish mate explained why the players don't sing... or, if they do, they're just singing like 'La la la la'...

Speaking of wordless national anthems, this is a clip from one of my favourite comedy routines of all time, by a Scottish legend who grew up just a few hundred yards from where I'm sitting right now.

For reference, this is a clip from a TV special that was a thing in the 80's where certain celebrities did one-off shows where the audience was comprised of other celebrities, and called 'An Audience With...' ... they were generally pretty awful, but Billy Connolly's is (IMHO) a masterpiece.

Also for reference, "The Archers" is a BBC radio series and is the longest-running drama series in human history. 😅

-

edit: Full show here

edit 2: "The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever being one"... was there ever a truer word spoken?

Billy Connolly is great, he was always on TV in Australia too. Couldn't help but chuckle at the start of that video when he was talking about God saving the queen and not wanting to rock the boat, as he later played a guy who sued god for destroying his boat!

YouTube unfortunately has a feature that tries to translate video titles into other languages. This one it almost got right. Almost.

The Swedish translation of the title says: “This recipe from grandma anaesthetised everyone! Easy hearty dinner!”

E2604DB4-CD33-4221-AF03-B1CBC8D410B5.jpeg

Back