The Funny Video Thread

• Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 7,682 comments
emad
He jumped off the American Consulate building. He was trying to get a visa to enter the United States. When he was told he couldn't get one, he jumped off the roof. Notice, he uses a parachute, yet he wants to kill himself. Notice, it didn't work, along with missing the bag and only reflecting off the side, thus hitting the ground at near full speed. He lived, BTW. Notice his two busted leggs as he's being carried away. OUCH!

I've seen the longer version of that on this forum somewhere a long time ago.

VTRacing
That wrx one makes me sad :( That impact would have destroyed the engine.
I really, really, really hate to say it, but that's just further proof that drifting is incredibly stupid.

MdnIte
That's more appropriate.
OK, I agree with "on the streets" being added to "incredibly stupid". But I'm going to have to stand on "drifting is stupid". I've seen too many videos of pointless accidents (singles and pairs) and cars destroyed in what is effectively automotive figure skating.

JMHO, and I expect a lot of people will disagree, which is perfectly fine.

Duke
OK, I agree with "on the streets" being added to "incredibly stupid". But I'm going to have to stand on "drifting is stupid". I've seen too many videos of pointless accidents (singles and pairs) and cars destroyed in what is effectively automotive figure skating.

Not disagreeing or agreeing with drifting being stupid, just pointing something out. I think the majority of begining drifters understand that their cars are almost gaurenteed to become beaten up. Thus most beginning drift cars are the cheapest possible rwd cars. The person wants something that they can beat up on but that they don't have to worry about driving every day.

Though there are a good number off people bringing their brand new sports cars out for flogging, which to me seems stupid unless they are really experienced. Even then there are no gaurentees.

Duke

I can understand why you think drifting is stupid because of the fact that it damages a whole lot of cars, but that is one of the points of it. I cringe alot when I see damage taken when drifters crash, but the best thing to do for them is to just back up and repair the car. Don't forget people endanger their lives everyday doing stupid things eg, base jumping, skydiving, skateboarding.

It's part of the adrenaline rush that people get from the risk. Don't step in the kitchen if you don't want to get burnt sums up my argument ;)

(At least this didn't degrade into a "drft iz fasta dan grip y0 argument :lol: )

Oh, I hate da game not da playa aight. Everybody has different tastes and I'm OK with that. And I think both of you raise reasonable points.

I just don't really have any understanding of stuff that doesn't involve performance competition. I can understand wanting to be the highest jumper or fastest runner or even best mountain climber. But stuff that's judged on style rather than speed or distance just leaves me cold for some reason.

Even gymkhana, which is one step even more abstract than autocross, is won by being the quickest person to make the car perform all the required tasks, rather than the most stylish person to do it.

But I guess that fits in my nature. I'm not a very flashy person and I have no desire to be.

Back