The future of sim racing

You continue racing karts until it breaks, at which point you pack it in, because you've not hired a mechanic.
:lol::lol: That made the last 2 pages worthwhile.

My to-do for tomorrow: ask for refunds from my racing game purchases. I’ve been hoodwinked! Just learned that motorsport only consists of karting and drag racing.

Well it seems pretty clear to me, the future of Sim racing is spending vast sums on money on simulator hardware so you can race in any game which simulates the race day of a real world race, except for the rules, which will be the same across all games now. This is all to train yourself to enter grassroots karting in real life, where there will be no pit stop tyre rules because those are gotcha rules and you haven't hired a pit crew anyway because motor racing isn't a team sport. You continue racing karts until it breaks, at which point you pack it in, because you've not hired a mechanic.
I am impressed you can understand Gibberish , Unfortunately it is my cross to bear But good job on your interpretation in sarcasm and I will try to do better for the gibberish language impaired.

This is meaningless gibberish. It's completely impossible to extract any kind of sense from what you've typed here, and I have no idea how you think it fits in with what I've twice told you now.

Here's the third time. Kazunori Yamauchi is the creator of the Gran Turismo game series. You know, the game you play, but say you don't because it's not a game? The guy who literally makes it says it's a game (he even restates it in that video).

He's also an amateur racing driver with some considerable experience - likely more than anyone on GTPlanet except for the small handful of professional racing drivers we have.

In his latest video about the game you say isn't a game but is, he says that racing is not something you do alone, destroying in a single, short sentence your insane "point" you've been attempting to advance in this thread that motorsport isn't a team sport, which everyone has been trying to explain to you is wrong. I mean, the very fact the N24 - a race which lasts for 24 hours and needs a team of drivers to take part - even exists should be a clue that you're wrong.

That should pretty much be it for your "point". If you won't take the word of the guy who makes the game you play and with seven N24 races under his belt, there's absolutely no hope of getting any sense from you at all.
We have a topic “the future of sim racing”. I would have thought by now that there would be more in put from people that have real life experience in motor sports. I can not be leave I am the only one in this forum to sit behind the wheel of a real race car defending my experience with gamers. If this is what you want then band me because I can not be the voice of real race car drivers they deserve better then me.

We have a topic “the future of sim racing”.
Yes. I'm aware. It's been the name of the thread since the start, and I literally reminded you of it in the post before the one you quoted.
I would have thought by now that there would be more in put from people that have real life experience in motor sports.
Why? The topic is "the future of sim racing", not "share your real life experience in motor sports" (sic).

It's pretty insane to post this statement right after you attempted to remind yourself of the point of the thread. Literally in consecutive sentences you've restated what the topic is and then wondered why people aren't posting about something that isn't the topic.

The thought process going on here to have those things right next to each other as if there's some form of valid point is truly bewildering.

I can not be leave I am the only one in this forum to sit behind the wheel of a real race car
You are not. I mean, you just quoted me straight up stating that we have a "small handful of professional racing drivers" here on GTPlanet, but you're now expressing incredulity at the concept that you might somehow be the only person who's ever been in a racing car, even though you have to know you aren't because you just quoted me saying that.

Again, an absolutely bewildering thought process.

If this is what you want then band me because I can not be the voice of real race car drivers they deserve better then me.
If what is what I want? What are you even talking about now?

Why would you think you speak for anyone apart from yourself? Why does anyone need to be "the voice of real race car drivers" in a thread about "the future of sim racing"?

We have a topic “the future of sim racing”. I would have thought by now that there would be more in put from people that have real life experience in motor sports. I can not be leave I am the only one in this forum to sit behind the wheel of a real race car defending my experience with gamers. If this is what you want then band me because I can not be the voice of real race car drivers they deserve better then me.
Here are some websites where your input can be of value to future development of sim racing software.

You'll just have to accept that GT Planet doesn't develop sim racing games and the website will consist of more gamers than real race car drivers.

Yes. I'm aware. It's been the name of the thread since the start, and I literally reminded you of it in the post before the one you quoted.

Why? The topic is "the future of sim racing", not "share your real life experience in motor sports" (sic).

It's pretty insane to post this statement right after you attempted to remind yourself of the point of the thread. Literally in consecutive sentences you've restated what the topic is and then wondered why people aren't posting about something that isn't the topic.

The thought process going on here to have those things right next to each other as if there's some form of valid point is truly bewildering.

You are not. I mean, you just quoted me straight up stating that we have a "small handful of professional racing drivers" here on GTPlanet, but you're now expressing incredulity at the concept that you might somehow be the only person who's ever been in a racing car, even though you have to know you aren't because you just quoted me saying that.

Again, an absolutely bewildering thought process.

If what is what I want? What are you even talking about now?

Why would you think you speak for anyone apart from yourself? Why does anyone need to be "the voice of real race car drivers" in a thread about "the future of sim racing"?
How do expect to get anyone to participate a racing forum if you the the administrator flex your intellectual skills over someone with lessor skills. Maybe you should use a rating system to keep high school and college graduates from discussing “the future of sim racing”.

How do expect to get anyone to participate a racing forum if you the the administrator flex your intellectual skills over someone with lessor skills.
I don't. I expect them to participate in a gaming forum.

This, specifically, is a gaming thread (as you yourself have literally just attempted to remind people) inside a gaming forum on a gaming website:

1635632045637.png

I don't know why you want to keep on talking about real-world motorsport experience in such a thread. It's hardly flexing my "intellectual skills" to point this out to you.

I don't. I expect them to participate in a gaming forum.

This, specifically, is a gaming thread (as you yourself have literally just attempted to remind people) inside a gaming forum on a gaming website:

View attachment 1090781

I don't know why you want to keep on talking about real-world motorsport experience in such a thread. It's hardly flexing my "intellectual skills" to point this out to you.
What you are telling me is when a real race car driver get in a simulator to practice driving before a race it a very expensive game . I see him driving a very expensive sim racing simulator .

What you are telling me is when a real race car driver get in a simulator to practice driving before a race it a very expensive game . I see him driving a very expensive sim racing simulator .
"Sim racing simulators" are available exclusively at private facilities of racing teams for the sole purpose of simulating their real racing car so that they can practice and learn. It is not for entertainment, it is work. There is no AI, there is no online racing against other people, it's just a simulation of the car on a track. They are, except for very rare special occasions, not available to the public.

What you or I are playing, or what a racing driver is playing when he puts on iRacing, Gran Turismo, or any other similar consumer product, is a video game for entertainment.

Also, again, this discussion, which you've dragged into several topics now, still has next to nothing to do with the future of sim racing.

Last edited:
No. I've said literally nothing about "a real race car driver" except to ask why you keep bringing it up in a gaming topic in a gaming forum.

If you're going to make up stuff I haven't said and pretend that I did, we're going to have an entirely different problem from you simply not bothering to read what I have said and acting like it isn't there.

This thread is for the discussion of "the future of sim racing", as you've pointed out to yourself. If you cannot stick to this topic - as you have now proven for three of the four pages in the topic - do not post in this thread again.

Part of the sim racing landscape isn't even analogous to formal real world sanctioned motorsports -- so real race car drivers don't have the only voice on the subject, with or without a team. "Sim racing" is something you can do in any vehicular simulation that records the activity of reaching a destination before an opponent (ie. the definition of racing). Most "races" in a traditional Gran Turismo game, for one good example, are arguably more similar to comparison tests of street cars on a Best Motoring tape/DVD than a typical organized motorsports event.

I say anyone who enjoys the act of driving a car has a stake in the future of sim racing. Personally, I feel that those of us who enjoy open roads more than the confines of a racing circuit have more to gain going forward. Bona fide street racing sims are a sorely underexplored idea compared to dime-a-dozen circuit racers.

I was wondering as eSports continue to gain legitimacy we might see some fantasy racing games built from the ground up as enjoyable spectator eSports. I was thinking something along the lines of Wipeout but it really could be anything. There is no reason why racing eSports need to use cars or look anything like real life motorsport.

I was wondering as eSports continue to gain legitimacy we might see some fantasy racing games built from the ground up as enjoyable spectator eSports. I was thinking something along the lines of Wipeout but it really could be anything. There is no reason why racing eSports need to use cars or look anything like real life motorsport.

YOU WILL GET YOUR GT3/GT4/F1/WRC/lolNASCAR E-SPORTS and YOU WILL LIKE IT :mad:

...but actually I really like the idea. Something less grim as a gateway of sorts to the more serious fare.

Someone tell Miyamoto this is the idea needed to satisfy his sense of novelty for a new F-ZERO game.

Back