The General Anime Thread...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kent
  • 66,879 comments
  • 3,663,654 views
Haha turns out that drawing isn't as good as I thought it was.

the thumb's too short and the perspective of the palms warped-short
^that's an actual spoiler, don't read it if you still want it to appeal to you as a good drawing.
 
I read it.


Still appeals to me as a good drawing.


Your complaint is dumb.
 
It is to someone who doesn't draw of course. btw I already posted some alternative colours for your posts...
 
Permission to drop FMA:B for Serial Experiments Lain?

Lain's great (I'm such an egotistical bastard :lol:), but why drop FMA:B which is also quite good? I want to agree with Loli because I think FMA:B is awesome, but if you're really not enjoying it, at least you'd be dropping it to watch Lain and not something stupid. :p

Haha turns out that drawing isn't as good as I thought it was.

the thumb's too short and the perspective of the palms warped-short
^that's an actual spoiler, don't read it if you still want it to appeal to you as a good drawing.

Your criticisms are valid. However, I still like the drawing. :drool:
 
Lain's great (I'm such an egotistical bastard :lol:), but why drop FMA:B which is also quite good? I want to agree with Loli because I think FMA:B is awesome, but if you're really not enjoying it, at least you'd be dropping it to watch Lain and not something stupid. :p

I like the way you think sometimes, Seaman.

I only had the thought of dropping it because it just puts me to sleep.
 
I like the way he thinks most of the time.


Because I think the same way.


But then he thinks about older ladies and I'm like wtfIdon'tthinklikethis.
 
Drop Fullmetal Bebop Cowboy Alchemist, watch Bokurano.
 
Bebop isn't putting me to sleep...Spikes' dubbed VA is pretty damn good, but I still don't like dubbed scripting; doesn't sound natural.

The tone of speech, the pace and responses sound more natural in Japanese, and I can tell because it's similar to Chinese.
 
Bebop isn't putting me to sleep...Spikes' dubbed VA is pretty damn good, but I still don't like dubbed scripting; doesn't sound natural.

The tone of speech, the pace and responses sound more natural in Japanese, and I can tell because it's similar to Chinese.

Dubs are more natural-sounding than the language used in subs, IMO... but subs get away with it because you don't actually hear it being said aloud, you're just reading it.

Forgot to mention... sweet Geass avatars, AOS. 👍
I'll be sticking with Misato for now though. :)
 
Just tried the evangelion ENG dub. Who ever did the dub deserves to be shot in the face 👍. This is my first time hearing a bad dub. All the other dubs I watched were fine like gundam, FMA, etc. Yes I know, obvious response.
 
Dubs are more natural-sounding than the language used in subs, IMO... but subs get away with it because you don't actually hear it being said aloud, you're just reading it.

That's because you never grew up learning an Asian language :p

And yes I did have to play dub for a few episodes because the subbed versions weren't working at the time. Don't remember what they sounded like.

Also, if Jordan's closing up the Social Groups, I've already planned to migrate the entire list to BR.. OR it can also go to the blog. http://animeguideproject.wordpress.com/

 
Just tried the evangelion ENG dub. Who ever did the dub deserves to be shot in the face 👍. This is my first time hearing a bad dub. All the other dubs I watched were fine like gundam, FMA, etc. Yes I know, obvious response.

Yo, you're joking, right? Except for Misato snorting in episode 1, the dub is flawless!!!

Not really, but like I've said before... dubbed Gendo is the only true Gendo to me. <3 his voice, makes his cold commands sound extra badass. And really, the same goes for all the technobabble about sync ratios and AT fields and stuff of that nature... reading that dialog gets the point across, but hearing it with the English voice actors makes it exciting to me. :D

That's because you never grew up learning an Asian language :p

What's being said in Japanese =/= what the subs say, just as much as what's being said in Japanese =/= what's being said in the dub.

The Japanese dialog might sound natural to those who know Japanese, but that doesn't make the english subs natural-sounding.
 
Okay okay it's a good dub, moving on.....

I've hyperlinked the Blog (for our reviews) in my sig... "The Anime Guide Project" (TAGP).

Start making accounts so Jaim or I can invite you slowpokes.


Laim
What's being said in Japanese =/= what the subs say.
Duh, I was talking about the way they speak, shout, sigh, react, everything you hear in their voices aside from the dialogue.
 
Last edited:
Guilty Crown ep 12: O.O

Shouldn't they have drawn Gai a little older in the flashback?

This episode was crazy. So glad the show is back.


Just tried the evangelion ENG dub. Who ever did the dub deserves to be shot in the face 👍.

I think they did a great job with that dub.
 
Guilty Crown is back and at its finest 👍

Holy incest, Batman! MANA WANTED TO GET FREAKY WITH HER BRO.

I guess it's nice to know that any future Shu/Inori relationships won't be incestuous... She just looks like his sister.. and sounds like her. Odd.

But goddamn this episode was awesome.
 
Thermae Romae is hilarious!
 
Now watching: Tales of Earthsea again and Seven Samurai.
 
Thermae Romae is hilarious!

Write a review for something!

DiddyK, move your review to the blog!

John the Thong, Post a review as well. You must have watched something recently enough to write something!
 
Write a review for something!

I was going to write one or two on Saturday. Just trying to figure out what I want to start with.
 
Start with something you finished recently, like Haganai or Children chasing Lost Voices.

I'm going to laugh when GC and MN are done. I ain't writing one on MN though. I've forgotten too much stuff... the Reassortment refreshed my memory so it's not as bad...
 
You write a review too... on Erioland.

I'm TRYING to get people talking right now... that > boring.
 
Start with something you finished recently, like Haganai or Children chasing Lost Voices.

I'm going to laugh when GC and MN are done. I ain't writing one on MN though. I've forgotten too much stuff... the Reassortment refreshed my memory so it's not as bad...

It's definitely going to be things I've finished recently.


You write a review too... on Erioland.

That isn't technically "finished". We're all still waiting for the last episode lol.
 
You write a review too... on Erioland.

I could write a review about Erioland, but would I? Nah, I haven't been writing much lately and don't feeeel like it!

I'm TRYING to get people talking right now... that > boring.
Talk dirtay to me, baby!
 
Honestly, Erioland already seemed finished... Meme already broke the 4th wall saying it was the last episode.
 
Honestly, Erioland already seemed finished... Meme already broke the 4th wall saying it was the last episode.

It's not supposed to be though. Last episode didn't air due to tsunami.
 
Back