The general GTA mods thread

• Thread starter R5
  • 8 comments

R5

(Banned)
England
Location, Location
Doing a quick search doesn't show a thread dedicated to mods for GTA games which aren't GTA V or GTA: SA (although that one amounted to little more than a page), so this thread is for GTA games from GTA IV backwards, because they deserve love too!

For GTA V mods, see here.

So I'm having many issues installing GTA: San Andreas mods on the Steam version, and can't seem to find a way to get around the issue. Has anyone found a solution yet?

So I'm having many issues installing GTA: San Andreas mods on the Steam version, and can't seem to find a way to get around the issue. Has anyone found a solution yet?
Are you on the latest version (Steam 2.0 or 3.0?). If you are you need GTASA Downgrader to bring your game version down to 1.1 or 1.0 to use mods (Especially CLEO mods). Read me is included to tell you what to do. It's pretty straight forward.

Are you on the latest version (Steam 2.0 or 3.0?). If you are you need GTASA Downgrader to bring your game version down to 1.1 or 1.0 to use mods (Especially CLEO mods). Read me is included to tell you what to do. It's pretty straight forward.
I'm on 3.0, seeing as I just got the game. I tried the Downgrader on Windows 10 and just got a message saying I needed to run the program as an administrator on the administrator account.

I'm on 3.0, seeing as I just got the game. I tried the Downgrader on Windows 10 and just got a message saying I needed to run the program as an administrator on the administrator account.
You need to run it as admin for it to work. Your only other option would be to find a 1.0 executable and just put that in your GTASA directory.

Do you have the option to "Run as administrator" when you right click the game icon?

iZwnHfk.png

Any time I've been told I needed an admin account to run a program I could just right click and run as admin anyway. If my memory serves me correct...

Do you have the option to "Run as administrator" when you right click the game icon?

iZwnHfk.png

Any time I've been told I needed an admin account to run a program I could just right click and run as admin anyway. If my memory serves me correct...
Ah, I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks 👍

Back