Grand Theft Auto V (PC) - Mods Thread

• Thread starter JR98
  • 720 comments
Its so annoying that Rockstar decided to heavily encrypt the files that need to be accessed in order to enable the creation of mods outside that of simple trainers and scripts. I've tried bypassing it myself and the amount of security they've placed upon those files is immense. Hopefully one of the teams working at it will be able to get into them at some point, I just hope it doesn't take months if not years like it has with other games.

Rockstar should know by now that the core selling point of the PC version is the ability to install custom mods, trying to stop us from doing that makes me a sad Sloth.

Its so annoying that Rockstar decided to heavily encrypt the files that need to be accessed in order to enable the creation of mods outside that of simple trainers and scripts. I've tried bypassing it myself and the amount of security they've placed upon those files is immense. Hopefully one of the teams working at it will be able to get into them at some point, I just hope it doesn't take months if not years like it has with other games.

Rockstar should know by now that the core selling point of the PC version is the ability to install custom mods, trying to stop us from doing that makes me a sad Sloth.
That does suck. I'm surprised how fast the trainer was released, even if it is just a basic mod. Hopefully the scripthook and ASI Loader makes it easier to mod. Oh and the ASI Loader disables all mods before entering GTA Online.

I'd just like to know how I can adjust the 4x4 system on the off road trucks, and maybe give the off road tires a bit more traction. Changing the engine sound on a Marryweather Canis Mesa would be nice too. :D

Someone found a way to import custom maps into GTA V, anyone recognise this place? :D

05607-803ac64d-7ff0-4812-a529-109ae5681beb.png

Slowly starting to get the realistic mods I want installed:
  • Most delivery trucks/cargo trucks have realistic brands. (UPS, Fed Ex, etc)
  • Real California license plates
  • Huge sprunk billboard is now Coca Cola
  • Main Up-N-Atom is now a proper In-N-Out
  • Burger Shot is now Burger King (forgot pic)
Trying to work out how to do my own billboards and semi-truck trailers. And then of course fixing the 4x4 system which I am sure I will never figure out how to do.

2015-07-27_00003.jpg 2015-07-27_00004.jpg

Trying to work out how to do my own billboards and semi-truck trailers. And then of course fixing the 4x4 system which I am sure I will never figure out how to do.

View attachment 419453 View attachment 419454
That's awesome

I'd like to see locking diffs, but other than that, off roading feels pretty damn good in GTA V. I don't really like that you can control weight transfer like there is a hydraulic system attached to the central axis of the car, but for the most part it's really good.

I would really like to see a mod that makes the terrain off-road much more irregular. A typical car couldn't drive more than a few yards through most of the terrain on the map before losing a tire or getting stuck. I remember I couldn't even navigate a dirt road in the Mojave desert in my Chevy Spark rental car because the rocks were too jagged and the surface irregularities would have high-sided me in moments. I guess having millions and millions of surface irregularities in the collision mesh would probably be a pretty big performance hit though...but if they could be generated locally and parametrically...it might only take a slight amount more ram....

I'd like softer suspension as shown above, and yes the ability to equally drive all four wheels. Some added ride height would be nice too. I'm pretty sure a couple of those can be adjusted, just have to figure out how.

I'd like softer suspension as shown above, and yes the ability to equally drive all four wheels. Some added ride height would be nice too. I'm pretty sure a couple of those can be adjusted, just have to figure out how.

idk, the video shows suspension that is like trophy-truck soft. I'm not sure that's realistic for a 3/4 ton beam axle truck.

Made my first livery mods. Was tired of all the soda company ones on the internet, so I went for something different.

2015-07-30_00001.jpg 2015-07-30_00002.jpg

Even though the images were correct when I edited them, you can see the Circle K image is slightly squished. Not sure why that is.

I'm looking for more axle flex for rock crawling, and to get it you have to do that.
^^ Just an update on this, managed to take the suspension programming from the SandKing posted earlier in this thread and apply them to a Merryweather Mesa. Worked like a charm. :) Also adjusted the "low speed traction" setting and crawling up steep hills is almost too easy now. Going to make a few adjustments tonight and do a run over Chiliad, will post pics.

I'll be showing some good mods I find at the end of each week.

THIS POST WILL HAVE A LOT OF IMAGES

Funny Vehicles

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/the-flintstones-car-funny-vehicle

Vehicles included:
Batmobile
BTTF DeLorean
Star Wars Fighter
Fighter Jet
Speed Racer Car
Herbie
The Flinstones' Car

cd6e8d-2015-07-24_00002.jpg

56446a-2015-07-31_00018.jpg

56446a-2015-08-01_00008.jpg

56446a-2015-08-01_00011.jpg

56446a-2015-07-29_00008.jpg

cd6e8d-2015-07-24_00005.jpg

a8e69b-2015-07-23_00006.jpg

7918b5-2015-07-23_00005.jpg

Real Weapon Names Updated

https://www.gta5-mods.com/weapons/real-weapon-names-updated

This mod changes the names of most weapons in the game to their real life counterparts.

27aea2-1.jpg

27aea2-3.jpg

27aea2-6.jpg

Weapon Attachment Trainer

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/weapon-attachment-trainer

This mod allows you to add and remove weapon attachments on the fly

d653ab-newMenu.jpg

e30bb2-Before.jpg

e30bb2-After.jpg

More Faces & Vehicles 0.8

https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/support-cast-different-peds-spawn

This mod brings some vehicles and characters from story and multiplayer and allows them to spawn in free roam.

e025ab-gta%20v%20%20more%20faces%20%2B%20more%20vehicles%20supercars.png

e025ab-gta%20v%20%20more%20faces%20%2B%20more%20vehicles%20cargo%20plane.png

589cdc-GTA5.png

e025ab-gta%20v%20%20more%20faces%20%2B%20more%20vehicles%20zancudo%20VALKYR.png

e025ab-gta%20v%20%20more%20faces%20%2B%20more%20vehicles%20green%20taxi%20cab.png

Starting to hunt down all the billboards in the game and change them over to real life stuff. Here are my first two. I know some people have stuff available already, but most of them are boring (like soft drink advertisements/logos, same old same old) and not so high quality. If anyone wants these let me know, I can email them to you.

Left is Solar City, right is pretty obvious. :P

2015-08-08_00005.jpg

Just re-did all the billboards on the mall in this area. I tell you what, tracking down ALL of the previous images to change them over is a pain in the rear. If you miss one of them it will switch back and forth from the old image to the new one depending on your placement around it. I've even had to extract some of the 3D models and related images just to get the last one I need. Time consuming but worth it.

2015-08-09_00001.jpg 2015-08-09_00002.jpg 2015-08-09_00003.jpg 2015-08-09_00004.jpg 2015-08-09_00005.jpg

And the large advertisement on the building next door:

2015-08-08_00006.jpg

Hell yes, fully functioning 2015 Charger! I hope I'm right in saying doors, trunk and hood all work with this car? How is the damage on this car.

I now wish if I could get a decent Gaming PC. I had to spend like more than twice price of a PS4 to get a good one.

Is it available for download yet?
Searching "GTAV Dodge Charger 2015 Mod" turned up a bunch of videos showing tuning a Buffalo S. If it is, I can't find it.

Edit: Best I've found is real car badges on current cars

Back