The Gentlemen's Virtual Racing Club (Closed for now)PC 

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 903 comments
I meant to post this up the other day but forgot to.

This is the tune I'll most likely use if I can make it today. Please note that this tune will NOT win any hotlap competitions! The sole purpose of this tune is stability. It'll still run decent laps... I was getting low 45's with a best of 44.8

Attachments

• Stable.zip
    333 bytes · Views: 19
Are tire warmers on by default on a server and if not, will they be activated? As I found out in Club Assetto Corsa on R2P, this car is quite handful on 20C tires at the start of a race:scared::nervous::ouch:. Doesn't matter either way, but if we're not I'd suggest you practice your starts on cold tires as you get a ton of wheelspin and the first few corners are super tricky.

The server is up a little early if anyone wants to get some extra practice. I'll restart the session at 6pm to make sure we start the race on time.

I won't make it to the race unfourtunately. I have the study way behind schedule and I have pull a late nighter... I'm so sorry. On the 6th I'll make it for sure, and better!

I had a really great time and a great view of the race for 4th between Andreas and Brandon in the 2nd race. I was mixing it up with them until I went wide and lost a couple of seconds. Thanks for setting up the races.

Other than accidentally spinning @Punknoodle in both races :( I had a great time and was thrilled with the turn out. Thanks a lot guys, let me know your opinions on how everything went. Other than having too much time between the end of qualifying and the start of the race (I'll fix that) I thought everything went well.

:cheers:

Edit: I've added the podium finishers to the Wall of Fame but a couple of them I don't know your GTP screenname. Let me know what it is and I'll amend it.

Here's the results of the races.

Race 1:

image.jpg

Race2:

image.jpg

Yeah it was a good turnout. Second race was much more enjoyable than the first, had a really good battle for about 10 laps until I binned it attempting a pass, then had another little battle at the end. Makes a nice change from my normal hotlapping, although I need more practice racing others I think as I make mistakes from feeling the pressure!

The only issues I had was needing to let teamspeak update itself in order to work (apparently? :irked:), then having PTT assigned wonky in race 1 resulting in hand-brake pulls any time I tried to talk after bumping into someone(?) carrying less speed than I anticipated...:indiff:

So tl;dr - everything server-side ran fantastic!. ATM I can't say that Abarth-thing interests me, but that may change by the next race. 👍

Last edited:
ATM I can't say that Abarth-thing interests me, but that may change by the next race. 👍

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the quality of racing you'll see with the Abarth.

Some of the best and closest racing I've had in AC has been with the 500's. They're not the fastest race car you'll drive but they're fun and relatively easy to control. Which, in my book, adds up to close racing.

Looking forward to it 👍

Here's the results of the races.

Race 1:

View attachment 505941

Race2:

View attachment 505942
In that first race, whats the guy's name in third:sly:

The only issues I had was needing to let teamspeak update itself in order to work (apparently? :irked:), then having PTP assigned wonky in race 1 resulting in hand-brake pulls any time I tried to talk after bumping into someone(?) carrying less speed than I anticipated...:indiff:

So tl;dr - everything server-side ran fantastic!. ATM I can't say that Abarth-thing interests me, but that may change by the next race. 👍
If you want close racing, low powered cars are the shizzle. There's very little to do tuning wise so we should all be pretty evenly matched. Hard to get a draft run on someone too so you have to really nail a corner exit or capitalize on a mistake just to get alongside. Much easier to run side by side too due to their lower power and speed.

Thanks to @Wiz for the idea, I've uploaded the results from last night's race to simresults and linked them in the Wall of Fame section. I've also updated the race schedule info, the Bathurst mod is good so we'll take the GT3's there after the Abarth.

For anyone who has a different Steam ID than GTP ID, let me know what they are. I'm going to make a Legend of who's who so we can make better sense of the results.

Like the results. Thanks guys!

I think it's a nice addition. Also, since we have the full results now I think I'm going to only list the winners in the Wall of Fame (that post will get full and cluttered rather quickly if I list the podium finishers for each race).

I think it's a nice addition. Also, since we have the full results now I think I'm going to only list the winners in the Wall of Fame (that post will get full and cluttered rather quickly if I list the podium finishers for each race).

Only the winners!!! I think you need to list at least to fourth :dopey:

:lol:

Just keep the current full podium results showing and put prior weeks in their own individual spoiler and they'll only take up one line. Best of both worlds.

Just keep the current full podium results showing and put prior weeks in their own individual spoiler and they'll only take up one line. Best of both worlds.

Nah, I don't want to hide previous results, I want them to always be visible. The winner is the most important one anyway. Since we could (in theory) have some races with small turnouts, listing the full podium could mean more than half the field could end up on the Wall which defeats the purpose and waters down the glory of making it on the Wall. Having just the winner makes it a bit more special to get there too since only the best will make it there (or one of the rest of us if JohnnyPenso can't make the race). :sly: That's how I did it for the Ferrari Festival and it worked well, and the full results are just a click away if you want to see who was on the podium. 👍

Something to add to under the resources banner maybe? This was a big one for me because I absolutely hated the big red arrows above everyone's cars.

You can also change the size & color of the font used for names above cars.
Max_Distance is how far away the car is when the name fades in and out. I believe it's in meters.

Go to assettocorsa/system/cfg/name_displayer.

To remove red arrows above other cars:
Set RENDER_INDICATOR to 0.

To adjust font:
Change FONT_SIZE and FONT_COLOR (numbers are in RGB format) to preference.

upload_2015-3-8_14-12-20-png.325952

Wiz
Something to add to under the resources banner maybe? This was a big one for me because I absolutely hated the big red arrows above everyone's cars.

Max_Distance is how far away the car is when the name fades in and out. I believe it's in meters.

Excellent, I'll add it. I like having the names so I know who I'm racing against (or who I spun) but not a fan of the arrows.

Also, isn't there a way to get rid of the little pin on the apps? I have Helicorsa and Pitboard on either side of my rearview mirror, normally I see no sign of them but the little thumb tack is always sitting there on the screen and it's annoying.

Also, isn't there a way to get rid of the little pin on the apps? I have Helicorsa and Pitboard on either side of my rearview mirror, normally I see no sign of them but the little thumb tack is always sitting there on the screen and it's annoying.

Yes, PinHack. Unzip this into the main AC folder.

Attachments

• PinHack.zip
    946 bytes · Views: 30
Wiz
Yes, PinHack. Unzip this into the main AC folder.
It works automatically? It's stuff like this that makes me wonder if I can ever be really happy playing a console game again. I can see firing up GTS or GT7 and saying, "it's so simple, someone just do a mod for this and this and this and this":mad::mad::lol:

By the way, I highly recommend the PitBoard app (link in the Resources section). Saturday was the first time I've actually raced with it on and it's quite slick. During practice it just shows your lap time and your delta to your best lap. During the race it shows your lap time, your position and what lap you're on, who's in front of or behind youand what your delta is to each of them, and whether you gained or lost ground on them over the last lap. It's very configurable, you can put it anywhere on the screen you want (and it's invisible when not in use), you can adjust the size of it, and how long it stays on the screen. It scores a few points on the immersion factor too, looks just like a pit board you'd see in a real race. 👍

If anyone has other must-have apps for multiplayer racing let me know and I'll add them to the list.

One more... I couldn't stand those flying red arrows all over the screen either. Those can be turned off in assettocorsa/system/cfg/proximity_indicators.ini Change it from HIDE=0 to HIDE=1

Yes, they are useful, but I find them highly distracting and wholly unnecessary if you're using HeliCorsa.

Wiz
One more... I couldn't stand those flying red arrows all over the screen either. Those can be turned off in assettocorsa/system/cfg/proximity_indicators.ini Change it from HIDE=0 to HIDE=1

Yes, they are useful, but I find them highly distracting and wholly unnecessary if you're using HeliCorsa.

Is this different from what you posted earlier?

Is this different from what you posted earlier?

Yes.

The first one is the permanent arrow above everyone's car, when names are turned on.

This new one I mentioned is the red arrows that fly around the perimeter of your screen that let you know where other cars are in proximity to yours. Useless if you have HeliCorsa.

Wiz
Yes.

The first one is the permanent arrow above everyone's car, when names are turned on.

This new one I mentioned is the red arrows that fly around the screen that let you know where other cars are in proximity to yours. Useless if you have HeliCorsa.

Oh, I didn't realize those were separate arrows. I'm not a fan of either, I find the moving one more distracting than helpful.

Wiz

Thanks. This and the other tip were useful to me too.

Also, I will try to make it to one of these races soon, as I long to have some organized races in AC with respectable people, which it sounds like that would be this event. Time of day isn't the best, but it could work...

Back