The Gentlemen's Virtual Racing Club (Closed for now)PC 

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 903 comments
Just a note on time of day for the event as well, 6h00 eastern is very close to diner time for me, and this being a Saturday night, it makes it difficult for me to attend, particularly if we have guest. 4h30, or even 5h00 would make it much easier.
Just wanted to let you know, I am of course not expecting any changes on my behalf.:)

Just a note on time of day for the event as well, 6h00 eastern is very close to diner time for me, and this being a Saturday night, it makes it difficult for me to attend, particularly if we have guest. 4h30, or even 5h00 would make it much easier.
Just wanted to let you know, I am of course not expecting any changes on my behalf.:)
Come on man, you wanna wreck my only sleep in of the week?! Haha only joking, the timing makes it 9am where I am, I don't mind starting earlier, like 7am or something.

Come on man, you wanna wreck my only sleep in of the week?! Haha only joking, the timing makes it 9am where I am, I don't mind starting earlier, like 7am or something.

I know, this is crazy, so for you it is already Sunday Morning, :eek:
That is why I am not asking for anything, I just wanted to mention it, hoping it might also be better for others.

One of the main reasons for 6:00 was so our Aussie friend could join, and I think it was slightly better for @mister dog. I would probably prefer 5:00pm EST because the later slot does really interfere with dinner time for a lot of the group. 5:00 would be slightly earlier for the Euro folk too, 10pm I believe, which means we may be more likely to catch them before they've had too many pints. :sly:

If there aren't too many major objections I'd be willing to move it to 5:00. @mister dog if that's too early for you hopefully you can at least make the second race? I could always leave the server running for a few hours too in case people want to run a third race.

6pm is better for me as I'm busy with WRS until 5:30pm every Sat, but would join afterward as often as I can. Last weekend was a bit of an outlier, had some family stuffs going on.

One of the main reasons for 6:00 was so our Aussie friend could join, and I think it was slightly better for @mister dog. I would probably prefer 5:00pm EST because the later slot does really interfere with dinner time for a lot of the group. 5:00 would be slightly earlier for the Euro folk too, 10pm I believe, which means we may be more likely to catch them before they've had too many pints. :sly:

If there aren't too many major objections I'd be willing to move it to 5:00. @mister dog if that's too early for you hopefully you can at least make the second race? I could always leave the server running for a few hours too in case people want to run a third race.
Nope i will never be able to make it that early i'm afraid. Have to wait till the gf and kids hit the sack before i can setup my wheelstand in the living room ;)

What if we split the difference at 5:30? That would put the start time for the first race at about 5:50 and the second race around 6:30, everything finished a bit before 7:00.

Works for me, but similar to @Cote Dazur, I don't want to seem like I'm asking for things. ;)

No worries, I do prefer the start time to be a little earlier, and I want to make it accessible to as many people as possible since we don't have all that many users here in the AC section. Especially you guys since we're old GT racers, always nice to see familiar helmets on the grid. :)

We'll try it at 5:30 next weekend, see how that works out.

Cool I should be able to make it, that's not a bad time for me at all. Suppose I'd better try the combo out so I don't embarrass myself

Here's a little tune I whipped up for the Assetto Corse for Donington. I like my FF's pretty loosey goosey, so if you find it too loose while cornering, try upping the rear camber by 0.3-0.6. If you find it too loose under braking, move the balance forward a couple of points. Mid-22's were fairly common, my best was 1:22.3 but 21's are definitely possible as I was more trying to sort out the car than shoot for the ultimate lap time. Use as much of the curbs as you can it makes a big difference in carrying speed but beware the sausage curbs they will definitely chuck that little car about. I'll experiment some more most likely and if I come up with something better I'll post it. Stock tune was running around 1:23.3.

Keep in mind this is a momentum car/track combination so jamming on the brakes isn't necessary anywhere except maybe into the chicane. Use lighter braking to allow more bite on the front end while entering the corner. Balance the rear stepping out with some light throttle if you need to.

Attachments

• National 122.2.zip
    383 bytes · Views: 20
Last edited:
I had go at it yesterday evening on my mobile set up.
When I travel, I connect my surface pro with my Logitech Driving Force Pro to the TV in the Hotel room. It gets me my SIM racing fix and I like it better than Netflix.:gtpflag:
With that set up, the best I could get was 1:29.xxx
I will of course try it on my main rig, hopefully get closer to 1:22.xxx, I will post my progress.
This car is very different to drive.:eek:
It might be a good idea if we all post our times, that way, the usually slowest, like me, will be able to see if their is any body else out there to race with at a similar pace on Feb 6th. :cool:

You can play AC on a Surface Pro, and hook a wheel up to it? That's pretty awesome, I had no idea it was capable of such a thing.

I need lots of practice and it seems as though others want to practice also. I thought it might be useful to have a place where those who wanted could practice on the same server so they could share the "experience".

I set up a MP Server with the Abarth AC on Donington National with the same weather conditions (I'm not sure the track conditions but if Brandon lets me know I will set those also).

The server is called "RReed43 MR [ABCN} Donington Park National", it is located in the US and has a low ping.

This server is also on Minorating so your practice laps will provide kilometers to boost your MR rating.

Check it out.

I need lots of practice and it seems as though others want to practice also. I thought it might be useful to have a place where those who wanted could practice on the same server so they could share the "experience".

I set up a MP Server with the Abarth AC on Donington National with the same weather conditions (I'm not sure the track conditions but if Brandon lets me know I will set those also).

The server is called "RReed43 MR [ABCN} Donington Park National", it is located in the US and has a low ping.

This server is also on Minorating so your practice laps will provide kilometers to boost your MR rating.

Check it out.

Nice one. 👍 Track conditions are in the OP. I plan to be around this weekend (Rolex 24!) so I'll probably get a practice session going Saturday evening, and I'll try to get Minorating running so we can start getting credit for our races.

I probably should have specified when I posted that tune but that lap time of 1:22 was done under ideal conditions, not the conditions posted in the OP.:indiff:

Plans have changed and it looks like I'll be out of town next weekend instead of this weekend.:(

I adore Bathurst but I've been spoiled by the iRacing version which is very, very good so I hope this Assetto Corsa version which I've never tried can get close to it.

I adore Bathurst but I've been spoiled by the iRacing version which is very, very good so I hope this Assetto Corsa version which I've never tried can get close to it.

I don't know how close it is but it's pretty much exactly like every other version I've driven, GT6 and R3E and I think those are both pretty accurate.

@RReed43 I tried to join your server tonight but could not, I was getting a checksum failed message.
I just joined successfully, which is an accomplishment as it's the 2nd room I've ever joined. 1st was the Alfa @ Goodwood race.

Trying out the Johnny tune, I think I can get to 1'24s maybe.

Also just tried Bathurst w/ an SLS AMG GT3 and it's much better than some other 0.9 "Mount Panorama" mod I had installed many months ago.

Both combos get me 55-60fps while alone, hope it's the same with other drivers on track. Some mod tracks tend to make me dip down to low 44fps, even in hotlap mode. (laptop connected to 24in monitor)

Last edited:
Still getting my bearings on the AC online front, but just exited after an hour, and I think @RReed43 was there too, along with a reddit ACRL guy who was quick. :eek:

Attachments

• donnington_practice.PNG
    donnington_practice.PNG
    24.1 KB · Views: 15
@RReed43 I tried to join your server tonight but could not, I was getting a checksum failed message.
I'm sorry. I don't have any idea on why that would happen and I regret I don't have the skills to do anything about it. The program that runs the server and the program that creates the on line sessions comes from Kunos and has very little documentation. It is pretty tricky to get it all working let along fixing it if something goes wrong.

Back