The Gentlemen's Virtual Racing Club (Closed for now)PC 

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 903 comments
Thanks to everyone who came out Saturday. Still a fairly small crowd but we had fun. I'm going to try to get the next combo selected tonight, I'm thinking we're due for some flavor of E30 action. :sly:

The first race was very exciting with many position changes and some close, intense battles. I couldn't seem to make a pass stick and I think I eventually finished last. The second race I had another close battle with What and we were neck and neck for several laps with a couple of position changes. Unfortunately What had a little spin towards the end but it was great fun. Great little car and definitely not easy to drive on the edge. Makes for some great driving and racing with ABS and TC turned off. Fun to see the other cars lock up and smoke the tires a bit under braking:sly:

Tried the Riverside track a couple of weeks ago and loved it in the GT40 and the Cobra. Should be great fun:cheers:

The first race was very exciting with many position changes and some close, intense battles. I couldn't seem to make a pass stick and I think I eventually finished last. The second race I had another close battle with What and we were neck and neck for several laps with a couple of position changes. Unfortunately What had a little spin towards the end but it was great fun. Great little car and definitely not easy to drive on the edge. Makes for some great driving and racing with ABS and TC turned off. Fun to see the other cars lock up and smoke the tires a bit under braking:sly:

Tried the Riverside track a couple of weeks ago and loved it in the GT40 and the Cobra. Should be great fun:cheers:

I'm going to try to get a little video captured of our multi-car battle in the first race, that was truly some great stuff (up until we ran out of braking talent :lol: ) I think the Beemer at Riverside will be fun too, lots of fast sections to get a slipstream going.

I may try to make it to my first of these races. Sounds fun and comes highly recommended from @Wiz

My best in room settings was a 1:39 something (IIRC)

Darn 3 seconds by Saturday, I've got homework to do.. You guys didn't practice on a optimum track by any chance no?

So, I messed up about the car, but I tried the correct combo now and I managed to do a 1:39.515 with the stock set up. That first "S" and that left parabolic always get me. And there is 4 or 5 tenths I can just squeeze with the stock setup if I work really hard.

Back