The ghost thread

Any more of these stories.
Well i have one, one night i was sleeping and i could hear all these noises in my room then i looked round my room and saw a white figure.The next 3 days i was sick.
(this happened when i was 10 or 11 and now i'm 14)

dOk i need to make this clear my friends and i are not weird, drug takers lol so heres one more

Friends story - His mum passed away in the mid 90's. A week and a bit after the funeral he saw his father having a serious conversation with the priest from the temple.

His father looked unsettled and walked to him, and made him wear a bangle given by the priest, and told him he must wear this bangle for the next few days and no matter what he sees dont worry.

My mate ( a no nonense maths grad ) took heed of the advice purely out of respect and wore it.

A few nights later he woke up and felt thirsty so headed down to the kitchen.

When he entered the kitchen he heard a shuffling footsteps and caught sight of someone walking around the table.

He thought it was his sister and switched on the light, What he saw always even now ( in my forties) makes me switch on the garden lights when i go for a late night cigarette.

It was his mother, but not as she was, her face was contorted, her eyes were devoid of any humanity and her hands and feet were back to front.

He said he walked back slowly went to bed, lights on, lit some incense and read prayers from a Holy book he had , he didnt sleep until daylight came.

He told his father, who told him the bangle saved him, he never saw it again and still wears the bangle now.

Generally, I'm not a believer. Some strange things have happened over the years, but I don't believe in ghosts.

I do have some stories, but I am very skeptical.

1. My girlfriend's friend was staying at the "jail hostel" in Ottawa and claimed she saw a ghost. She doesn't know much English, but sounded terrified when she talked to my girlfriend in Japanese. She was obviously very shaken for the next few weeks.

2. My sister claimed she saw a ghost in the corridors of Edinburgh castle. She was 7 at the time. I should ask her about this now as she's going to be 27 next month. Maybe she could shed some light on it.

3. The only instance that involved me. My family and I were on holiday in Gran Canaria. I was five. We checked into our hotel (which was actually a seperate reception building, then a series of Villas). The room I was staying in had a window facing reception. During the night, I couldn't sleep as I could hear the faint sound of what sounded like a female choir. Not singing anything in particular. More like humming with vibrato. It sounded so distant and haunting. I could see the light was still on at the reception. The noise stopped and I was able to drift off to sleep. A little while later, I woke up and saw the reception light was still on. I tried to get back to sleep and before I could get to sleep, the light at the reception went off. This was easily 3 or 4 am.

I asked my dad about it the next day and he said it must have been the wind. As for the reception, it wasn't a 24 hour reception and generally closed early the rest of the time we were there. I am aware of the possibility that some of the staff lived in the reception building, so that may explain why the lights were on so late that one night. However, it creeped me out.

I never heard the noise again.

EDIT:

Wow Baly, that's quite a scary story.

EDIT2:
ghostthread.png

Good choice of advertising for this thread.

Last edited:
dOk i need to make this clear my friends and i are not weird, drug takers lol so heres one more

Friends story - His mum passed away in the mid 90's. A week and a bit after the funeral he saw his father having a serious conversation with the priest from the temple.

His father looked unsettled and walked to him, and made him wear a bangle given by the priest, and told him he must wear this bangle for the next few days and no matter what he sees dont worry.

My mate ( a no nonense maths grad ) took heed of the advice purely out of respect and wore it.

A few nights later he woke up and felt thirsty so headed down to the kitchen.

When he entered the kitchen he heard a shuffling footsteps and caught sight of someone walking around the table.

He thought it was his sister and switched on the light, What he saw always even now ( in my forties) makes me switch on the garden lights when i go for a late night cigarette.

It was his mother, but not as she was, her face was contorted, her eyes were devoid of any humanity and her hands and feet were back to front.

He said he walked back slowly went to bed, lights on, lit some incense and read prayers from a Holy book he had , he didnt sleep until daylight came.

He told his father, who told him the bangle saved him, he never saw it again and still wears the bangle now.

Needed an appointment with the doctor or psychiatrist. That goes for the boy, his father and the priest.... And the bangle as i'm sure it was a magic talking bangle that had strange beliefs.

Haven't experienced much of this stuff but when I was really young I saw someone/thing at the window, the living room had round windows at floor level, think 70's styling. Anyway I got so scared I started pushing the sofa towards to the window, I'm sure my dog saw it as he helped me. Broke the window and got in trouble.
After that when I saw the net curtains moving towards me, different house. I was really scared and after a few seconds started screaming. Had that frozen fear feeling, the windows were shut and the nets curtains were static.
More recently I've not seen anything but felt a family member pass on, she'd battled with cancer twice and whilst I was playing Crazy Taxi on the PS2 I felt suddenly cold and sad, then after about 10 minutes got a phone call from the hospital. Even before the phone was answered I knew it would be about her death.

i dont really have any ghost stories that much but some experiences ive had were after my dad passed away, the first christmas eve without him our backyard blinds were moving like someone moved their hand across it and there was no fan or nothing on since it was winter. another time me and my sis were talking about my dad and her alarm clock moved 3 feet from one end of her dresser to the other, freaked us both out

Reviving this thread because of something that happened 25' ago.

I got out of bed, and while standing next to my bed, I heard a soft clanking sound. It came out of my wardrobe. I opened the door and saw that two coat hangers were swingen and touching eachother slightly. But started to move away from eachother. They kept moving and when I asked, do that again a couple of times, nothing happened except that the coat hangers didn't stop moving.

• There was no earthquake
  • I didn't touch the wardrobe
  • I was standing perfectly still
  • There was no vibration in my bedroom what-so-ever
  • There was no wind. All windows and the door were closed.

I don't mean to offend, but I laughed at the part where @kikie asked it to do it again. :lol:

I don't believe in ghosts either, but the story near the top of the page with the bangle was a good one.

Exactly three times I've had "encounter", or incidents where I saw something that weren't there, but I'm sure it was something my brain just imagined up.

One was a bullet train going by where there were no rails, and I also saw my mom walking in air(she's still alive, and I was half asleep come to think of it lol). Last one did involve strange figure sitting on the dining room floor, but I was really young when I"saw" these things. :crazy:

I don't mean to offend, but I laughed at the part where @kikie asked it to do it again. :lol:
No offend or insult taken. But did you laugh with me or at me? :D

What was I supposed to do? Nothing but absolutely nothing physical or rational could make the coat hangers to move. So, out of curiosity, I started to ask; do that again. Too bad nothing happened. I understand why you find this funny. :P

BTW only these two coat hangers were moving and touching each other. All the other empty coat hangers didn't move at all.

You know me, both :lol:
At least you laughed with me, that's what I'll remember. :cheers:

No moving coat hangers this morning. Maybe this ghost (soul/spirit) internal soul clock is messed up because summertime (daylight saving time) is over and wintertime is back.

Today I saw a figure wearing a white (was dirty like not washed) way too big, thick hoodie. The thing you put over your head was massive. It seemed to have no legs but I recall two black shadows as legs but the didn't though the ground. I saw no arms, no face only this oversized dirty hoodie with a thin way too big to put over your head. I saw it long enough to see it clearly.
Before I forget, it was in my house (livingroom towards the kitchen).

Back