The Good, the Bad and the Bugly

• Thread starter TT92
  • 63 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
dude please go away,,.. you are finished with this game, so move on to your next platinum.
you are only negative,.. go bitch another game you are gonna play :cheers:

Please watch my video and ask yourself why I am negative.

@TT92 Why don't you update to 4.0 and give it a go again online, see if there's landmine and other issue occurring ?

I have the patch downloading now and will have a look over the next few days. You just may never know ;-)

@TT92 Read this thread :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39365-bmw-320-gr-5

Interesting discussion by Casey Ringley, the lead physics about how the toe accumulates and causing issue like wandering steering, crash ( land mines ? ) and floating cars.

Sadly the supposed fix was not included in 4.0. What Casey said :

"We tracked down this bug late last week. Nasty one; could be responsible for a lot of the physics explosions people have reported in long sessions. For some reason, this car does (did) a similar thing in much less time."

"Code. Appeared to be drift caused by accumulated error in the suspension geometry solver. A periodic check to make sure it was all behaving has cleared up the problem completely."

"Watching toe angles change as race distance accumulated and then magically reset on even very small collisions. For whatever reason, only the 320 Turbo had this happen at a rate fast enough to be noticeable and data fixes alone only minimized it. On the bug, it picks up something like 0.2° per side per lap at Silverstone. So by lap 10 you'd be up over 4° total at the rear end - hence the wandering! That's a good sign that pickup points were shifting around slightly over time in an unpredictable manner. Feeling pretty good that it will help the other issues we've seen where cars start spontaneously crashing and floating. The videos we've seen look exactly like what happens if we balls up the suspension geometry and put a wheel into an unconstrained state. That makes sense if the points were going walkabout on their own. Haven't seen any sign of the issue since Steve made the fix."

"No idea on the logistics of a hotfix patch like that...not my area. Well the good news is that the effect accumulates very slowly on most cars and does reset during pit stops. Messy band-aid, but you could also very lightly scrape the wall at some point and it also resets any bad drift."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back