• 63 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

TT92

Premium
Australia
WA
TT__777
I have finally done it. I have my platinum trophy on PS4 for PBugs. This means I am finished with the game and it has gone back in its cover and now sits on the shelf. A real shame I did not finish the career (all bar 4 races) because it is bugged and not accessible. But hey, no great loss ;-)

Also after this thread is finished with I will only be looking in on this forum occasionally over the next few months to see whether this bugfest has been patched well enough to play. (Which I very much doubt as SMS is more concerned with PCARS 2)

I have made several posts here and some will be acquainted with the frustration I had with this game and the many bugs I have encountered.

Yes, I have had some fun and when this game works well it is very good indeed but when it is in its normal cantankerous mode it is truly dreadful.

My last trophy to get was the Pentopodium (50 online race podiums). Well we know what a joke online is don’t we? And no, I could not get a friend to help because *none* of my friends play this game anymore. So I did it the hard way.

To say 90% of online people can’t drive, I fear is an understatement. The other 10% is made up 5% that can drive but don’t know the rules and the other 5% that are just nasty and want to wreck your race. With the garbled chat and no kick option it really was a horrid experience.

One tip for anyone wanting to try this by themselves, like I did, pick lobbies where all aids are off. Qualify first and just watch the idiots demolish themselves in your mirrors ;-) Providing you can actually make it around the first corner without being hit ;-) But even then there is still hope because most will crash and burn anyway and the trophy means only a podium anyway. Usually a starting grid of 15 means there will be 5 or so that finish. Smash, crash, wreck your race and then leave seems to be how most operate.

Still the most frustrating thing about this game is that it could have been sooooo good. To quote another member here “somewhere buried in here is a really good game”.

Here is a quick YouTube clip I uploaded to show what my experience has been like. These are just few of the many incidents I have encountered. Please pay attention to the last clip with the Clio. In one lap it crashes into hidden barriers on 3 consecutive corners. This one holds the record so far. BTW I have kept it short so as to not bore people too much but you will get the gist ;-)

So I will finally say bye bye to PBUGS and just move on and I do hope that those that are hanging in there get the enjoyment from this game they deserve. Good luck.

Ive never encountered any of these bugs ,only one ive had close to any of them ,was my Nascar flipping up and been blown 10 yards to the edge of the track then landing

Still only been online twice ,once to pass a friend a set-up and one where i sort of raced ,i ran my practice lap ,then my qualifying lap ,they then left the room as the race started then as i completed the 6th lap out of 10 the game kicked me out ,made good reading on the stats tho online races 1 wins 1 podiums 2

Seeya man enjoy GT6 :)

I never raced online, just singleplayer and I've never had any bugs. Very strange so many people have though

I have over 140 hours in single player and 43 seasons and I think I have had more than my fair share. So perhaps I got the ones you missed out on ;-)

Depends on the platform as well it seems for bugs and glitches, Xbone has slowdown issue, while PS4 do not. Each console has certain specific issues like crashes on PS4 ( which also happen on some players ) Getting Pcars on PS4 for example, would be like a gamble, when it works, it works with minimal fuss and some already said they never have crashes, when it doesn't, well it may lead to random crashes or bugs popping up at certain times.

My mate's PS4 just got MGS V Phantom Pain, and it works flawlessly, no crash or freeze issues at all, running 10+ hours straight on weekends ( movies after wards and other games ) - he has witcher 3 which also works just fine right after MGS V play session, whereas even after continuous long play time on PS4, put Pcars in, will usually have something happen within an hour or 2 ( either crash to XMB or freeze ) - to avoid it ( sometimes works ), quit Pcars every hour :lol: and relaunch. It's not PS4 hardware issue .... :(

I really feel sorry for guys like you @TT92 who play games mainly to complete them & get trophies instead of just playing them for fun. It's true that Project BUGS isn't much fun, & that's why I don't play it. I'm waiting for it to get updated with online features so that it becomes useable & hopefully fun.

VBR
I really feel sorry for guys like you @TT92 who play games mainly to complete them & get trophies instead of just playing them for fun. It's true that Project BUGS isn't much fun, & that's why I don't play it. I'm waiting for it to get updated with online features so that it becomes useable & hopefully fun.

I did start playing for fun and then it developed into a love/hate relationship. I ended up determined not to let this game (sorry, the bugs in the game) beat me. It very nearly did. I am a racer first and gamer second but when the racing was just too buggy to handle the gamer side came out in me and I got quite angry with this game.

I can now put it down and get over it ;-)

Don't forget 2016 is coming , another game another change .
TT92 I know how you feel but leaving will make them smile and win they will think ........ lucky another one who won't report anymore big gaming bugs .

So this platinum trophy, without finishing the game. Sure sounds like a bug to me.

Reminds me of those participation ribbons they give to all the kids that place 4th and beyond at little athletics. Problem is, after a few races, a few ribbons, they realise there is no point putting in the extra effort to win. It then becomes a game to see which kid can feign the smallest effort and receive the same reward.

Platinum trophy is a viscous cycle.

It's a wonderful game. It's got bugs but what game doesn't?
Yes it got a good concept and some bugs I really don't care about , but there is only one BIG BUG I really want they fix and that is the.....
Landmine invisibly wall loosing control over the car and go up site down crash to the main screen bug .

Yes it got a good concept and some bugs I really don't care about , but there is only one BIG BUG I really want they fix and that is the.....
Landmine invisibly wall loosing control over the car and go up site down crash to the main screen bug .

Which I have never had once, incidentally.

Which I have never had once, incidentally.

Then please watch my video. As stated, I hit three invisible walls in three consecutive corners on one lap in a Clio. I and many others are really sick of it.

Then please watch my video. As stated, I hit three invisible walls in three consecutive corners on one lap in a Clio. I and many others are really sick of it.

Oh I'm not denying it exists, just saying I haven't had it happen luckily enough.

Don't do this. It's impossible to have a sensible, adult discussion when people are hilariously re-naming things.

I will take this on board but in my own defence PCARS really does have a lot of bugs in it.

Oh I'm not denying it exists, just saying I haven't had it happen luckily enough.

I sincerely hope you can continue to claim that :-) It really is a nasty game breaking bug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, no bugs :lol: otherwise you need bug repellent. So, 1 in 100000 has no bugs :P ?

I've read official Pcars forum since release day in May, many threads on Xbone and PS4 with bugs, glitches and crashes. I guess only few are lucky enough to be able to say no bugs. What were those patches made for again ??

Of course, no bugs :lol: otherwise you need bug repellent. So, 1 in 100000 has no bugs :P ?

I've read official Pcars forum since release day in May, many threads on Xbone and PS4 with bugs, glitches and crashes. I guess only few are lucky enough to be able to say no bugs. What were those patches made for again ??

Essentially I have had the same crashes, hidden walls and loss of FFB since launch on PS4. Everyone of my other friends have stopped playing this game for the same reasons. I was the last pig headed player in my group and I have now shelved it as well.

I can see no commitment from SMS to resolve the issues instead they started PCARS2 and released more and more to be paid for DLC. I will NOT give them anymore more money! I also advise people to not bother with this game or wait until it becomes a free download like Drive Club.

So again I will say to those that are "bug free" enjoy the game, have fun.

Essentially I have had the same crashes, hidden walls and loss of FFB since launch on PS4. Everyone of my other friends have stopped playing this game for the same reasons. I was the last pig headed player in my group and I have now shelved it as well.

Many congratulations.

(Which I very much doubt as SMS is more concerned with PCARS 2)

Seriously I thought people had stopped talking this kind of nonsense. We all know that's untrue so stop talking out of your backside.

So I will finally say bye bye to PBUGS and just move on and I do hope that those that are hanging in there get the enjoyment from this game they deserve. Good luck.

Already got more enjoyment out of it than I did from over a year of playing GT6, so I feel it's been money well spent.

I shelved it before 2.0 came out to wait for a couple of patches, wait to get my wheel, and to spend time finishing my other games (we don't all have so much time for games, so the time I have has to be spent wisely). I started playing when I got my wheel all set up and ready, which was after 3.0, and I have so far had 3 crashes back to PS4 menu in about 35 hours of play, and only experienced a couple of very small bugs other than that. Best sim I've ever played on console by far. Enjoy GT6.

What are the odds someone have Pcars with almost no bugs ?
I don't know and neither do you unless you survey the entire player database. The entire PCars forum is set up for the specific purpose of gathering people together who have issues with the game. Maybe 10% of the player base has issues, maybe 90%, but the forum itself isn't representative of the entire player base, any more than a GTP poll is representative of the entire player base of any game. The only bug I recall having off the top of my head is the sliders going wacky once in a while and I have to restart. I corrupted my game save once early on due to a bug in saving the game (which I was aware of but blissfully forgot:scared:)but it happened to me more than once in GT5 and once in GT6 as well.

Seriously I thought people had stopped talking this kind of nonsense. We all know that's untrue so stop talking out of your backside.

Since you are speaking for the majority (apparently) please try and convince me otherwise. I see no empirical evidence to contradict my statement?

Already got more enjoyment out of it than I did from over a year of playing GT6, so I feel it's been money well spent.

I shelved it before 2.0 came out to wait for a couple of patches, wait to get my wheel, and to spend time finishing my other games (we don't all have so much time for games, so the time I have has to be spent wisely). I started playing when I got my wheel all set up and ready, which was after 3.0, and I have so far had 3 crashes back to PS4 menu in about 35 hours of play, and only experienced a couple of very small bugs other than that. Best sim I've ever played on console by far. Enjoy GT6.

I am please that you do actually concede that this game does regularly crash back to XMB.

I am enjoying GT6 again because that is where all my friends are. Despite GT6's annoying online problem (not seeing other players on track occasionally) it does run a lot better and it does have a kick button. And lobby chat, and stable voice, cleaner racers, no invisible walls, better cut track penalties and etc. etc..... ;-)

Since you are speaking for the majority (apparently) please try and convince me otherwise. I see no empirical evidence to contradict my statement?

If you can't see the evidence that SMS is working on Pcars 1 and not Focusing on Pcars 2 you are either purposely ignoring the facts or just blind. They've released a number of major patches already, and the amount of content already provided and still being worked on for DLC is enormous. I've also read WMD members saying the Pcars2 forum has not much at all going on due to the fact that SMS is still focused mostly on Pcars1. It's also well known that all game devs begin work on the next game as soon as the first is released. PD have said so numerous times about GT games, so what's the difference?

Also, 3 crashes in over 30 hours of gameplay isn't "regularly" crashing. GT6 used to freeze and crash my PS3 completely, requiring unplugging the console to turn it off, and it used to do that more regularly than the soft crashes that Pcars does.

You've been whining and crying about Pcars since it came out, and now you're saying you're playing GT6 instead, which has just as many bugs and flaws, the only difference is they never get fixed, and the physics is poor and set ups are mostly bugged and broken. So have fun with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back