The Good, the Bad and the Bugly

• Thread starter TT92
  • 63 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you are speaking for the majority (apparently) please try and convince me otherwise. I see no empirical evidence to contradict my statement?
I don't know how to hack the security cams at SMS studios, but I do know another patch seems to have dropped today and it's just under 4 gigs. How many gigs of patches is that in the last couple of months? Cars are releasing on a regular basis and we have a new track and more on the way. You think they are doing it with a couple of guys working in a shared cubicle? More evidence than that you aren't going to get but I'm guessing any reasonable person can see that the game is being worked on extensively and doesn't need more proof than that. But don't let the facts stand in the way of your dissatisfaction of the game.

Many congratulations.

For someone that claimed to not have read my original post all the way through, has insulted me in other discussions, has ridiculed my opinions and now can't resist dropping by just get attention I do wonder about you motives.

I don't know how to hack the security cams at SMS studios, but I do know another patch seems to have dropped today and it's just under 4 gigs. How many gigs of patches is that in the last couple of months?

Wow I just had to have a look at the official forum to see what you meant by a new 4 gig patch, and to my surprise, I found the thread in the PS4 section saying it's downloading, and everyone as surprised as me lol. Then Alexandru from SMS says it was approved so quickly (by Sony I assume) that it took even them by surprise, which is why there's no patch notes on the forum yet lol!

Can't wait to play tonight now! Also can't wait to see how much they've put in this patch. At almost 4gb it must be another big one like 3.0 :)

I don't know how to hack the security cams at SMS studios, but I do know another patch seems to have dropped today and it's just under 4 gigs. How many gigs of patches is that in the last couple of months? Cars are releasing on a regular basis and we have a new track and more on the way. You think they are doing it with a couple of guys working in a shared cubicle? More evidence than that you aren't going to get but I'm guessing any reasonable person can see that the game is being worked on extensively and doesn't need more proof than that. But don't let the facts stand in the way of your dissatisfaction of the game.

If I accept your statement that the quantity of patches is proof they are working on bug fixes I will then claim they are just incompetent.

Either way I see little evidence that bug fixing is actually occurring because many of the same bugs are still there from day one.

Since you raised the issue of facts let's state a couple for the record.

Fact 1 There are still hidden barriers on tracks that wreck cars

Fact 2 PS4s still crash back to XMB regularly

Fact 3 These have been here since day one and have not been addressed

So please explain to me how these facts would not make me dissatisfied with the game?

What I fail to understand is how people can claim I am some sort of malcontent when I can prove I experience these issues and am by no means alone here either.

If I accept your statement that the quantity of patches is proof they are working on bug fixes I will then claim they are just incompetent.

Either way I see little evidence that bug fixing is actually occurring because many of the same bugs are still there from day one.

So please explain to me how these facts would not make me dissatisfied with the game?

What I fail to understand is how people can claim I am some sort of malcontent when I can prove I experience these issues and am by no means alone here either.

There is ample evidence that they are fixing bugs, you only have to look at how many bugs have been fixed. Sure there still are bugs, but you're being unrealistic expecting them to find and fix all of them instantly. How old is GT6? it's still got a lot of bugs, and PD never even talks to it's fans much less acknowledge the existence of problems in it's games, and the bugs in GT6 most definitely won't ever be fixed.

Fact 1: The devs have stated they have been working on the "landmines" for quite a while now, but as it's extremely random and difficult to reproduce, it's going to be one of the hardest bugs to fix.

Fact 2: PS4 crashing back to home (it's not called XMB, that's the PS3 menu) is also being worked on, and devs have also confirmed that. The frequency of the crashes has been reduced significantly, and as this one is also very random and hard to reproduce, it's just going to take time to get on top of.

Fact 3: There are plenty of games released with bugs that the dev never even attempts to fix, so the fact that SMS are working hard on bug fixes, and releasing many gigs of patches, shows they are at least supporting their product, and trying to fix the problems. That's more than I can say for a lot of devs these days.

So they are working on the game but aren't effective? Or they aren't working on the game and only care about PCars2? Or I'm supposed to explain why you shouldn't be dissatisfied by the game (which no one said, ever). Let me know when you finally set those goalposts.

So they are working on the game but aren't effective? Or they aren't working on the game and only care about PCars2? Or I'm supposed to explain why you shouldn't be dissatisfied by the game (which no one said, ever). Let me know when you finally set those goalposts.

He's just like "Oh you've proven my baseless claim wrong. Let me just make another one for you."

So they are working on the game but aren't effective? Or they aren't working on the game and only care about PCars2?.

You have very subtly change my words here. You changed "bug fixes" to "game". Yes there is proof they are working on the game and paid for DLC proves this and No I do not see evidence that bug fixes are occurring.

Or I'm supposed to explain why you shouldn't be dissatisfied by the game (which no one said, ever) .

You said it! Quote "But don't let the facts stand in the way of your dissatisfaction of the game"

Let me know when you finally set those goalposts.

Let me know when you want to stop twisting my words just so you can have an argument!

It's the other way around, GTP is different than Pcars official forum, because people like @TT92 can post without fear of being banned or what we are having here in the last few posts. Where else a customer can write not just positive of a product, but whatever bad or negatives he has experienced, others might not have same experiences, so does that make the unlucky ones shouldn't write anything ?

Every time I visit my mate, and ask him to play Pcars ( 3.0 ), he always had this weird look on his face, and we knew, at some point during gameplay, either the car hit a land mine or crash back to the main menu. If he wrote his experiences here and Pcars forum, knowing exactly what he has been having on PS4 Pcars, I would feel really bad for him if he got nothing back but negative responses or someone just say, I don't have that ( you are just unlucky )

EDIT : Just read the full release notes for path 4.0 :) A lot of good fixes being made, will have to see how the patch goes on PS4, hopefully it will be more stable than 3.0 and no more land mines too :D

And, looks like CTR Yellowbird has been updated in 4.0 patch :D My posting here seems to be noted by SMS devs.

PCars40.jpg

:cheers:

The full patch notes :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...e-4-0-is-out&p=1121685&viewfull=1#post1121685

Last edited:
It doesn't say anything about landmines and there are only a couple of mentions about the crashes, so don't get your hopes up. Keep those complaints coming :)

The kick feature for online also not listed, I know some who would really like this feature to govern the room :) I also see ghosting being implemented for cars doing backwards :)

There's also a fix for potential crash when returning from in-game to main menu, maybe this will help with stability.

Last edited:
Need? No. Do we need everything to be smashed into a single monolithic thread? No.
But does one person need two rant threads? Especially with both of them having baseless claims in it? I've seen people referenced in the Ludicrous Claim thread or pointed at the AUP for less...

No, you fail to read, again and again. Nobody disputes your issues with the game. People dispute all the lies and baseless claims around that (e.g. SMS spending their time on PC2 instead of bugfixing), and rightly so, because they're nonsense.

And it's not up to us to disprove crap you post. You claim something, you back it up. So please post proof that SMS is spending more time on PC2 than on PC1 or shut up.

And you seriously wonder why people like you get banned over at the official forums? :lol:

No, you fail to read, again and again. Nobody disputes your issues with the game. People dispute all the lies and baseless claims around that (e.g. SMS spending their time on PC2 instead of bugfixing), and rightly so, because they're nonsense.

I said they were spending their time on PCARS2 and releasing paid for DLC. Therefore, since we still have the bugs that are there from day one and since SMS is continuing to release paid for content I infer they are concentrating their efforts there.

And it's not up to us to disprove crap you post. You claim something, you back it up. So please post proof that SMS is spending more time on PC2 than on PC1 or shut up.

I have backed it up. The BUGS are still there. *IF* they were serious and legitimate they would have concentrated *ALL* their efforts on fixing the game breaking bugs. What more proof do you want?

And you seriously wonder why people like you get banned over at the official forums? :lol:

No, I do not wonder why because I know that anyone that calls it as they see it and stands up to bullies will get banned.

I said they were spending their time on PCARS2 and releasing paid for DLC. Therefore, since we still have the bugs that are there from day one and since SMS is continuing to release paid for content I infer they are concentrating their efforts there.

That's rubbish though and anyone with the power of eyesight knows it. They have a 40 man team working on patches and finishing DLC for Pcars 1. They can't put everyone on bug fixing because not everyone that works for them can do it. A 3d modeler can't fix a game crashing bug can they? They have stated numerous times, and in very basic, easy to understand terms, how they are approaching the bug fixing. You are just being ignorant to anything that proves your ranting wrong. Check the patch notes for the patches already released and then tell me again how they're not focused on fixing bugs in Pcars. :rolleyes:

I have backed it up. The BUGS are still there. *IF* they were serious and legitimate they would have concentrated *ALL* their efforts on fixing the game breaking bugs. What more proof do you want?

You claiming that because the game still has bugs proves that SMS isn't concentrating on fixing bugs proves nothing at all. As I already said, they can't focus everyone that works for them on bug fixing, only the people with the relevant skills. They are doing everything they need to. I don't see you carrying on about PD not fixing bugs that have been in GT6 for almost 2 years now. They obviously aren't fixing them, so why aren't you having a cry about that? At least SMS is speaking to their fans about what they're doing and fixing the bugs in their game.

No, I do not wonder why because I know that anyone that calls it as they see it and stands up to bullies will get banned.

I've spoken up about issues I have with the game on multiple occasions, and have stood up to trolls on the forum too, and have never even received a warning, let alone a ban. You would get banned for constantly making baseless claims about SMS and repetitively ignoring the truth in favour of more ranting about how bad you think the game and SMS is.

Why waste so much of your time on the internet carrying on about something you don't like? Don't you have anything better to do?

@TT92 Why don't you update to 4.0 and give it a go again online, see if there's landmine and other issue occurring ?

Landmines won't have been fixed as they aren't in the patch notes. They are still chasing them, because it's hard to reproduce. For example, I've never had the landmines personally, but some people get them often, and you'll find people everywhere in between. If you can't reproduce a bug, you can't find what's causing it.

Edit: It's good to see they've eliminated two causes of the crashing in PS4, so they're getting on top of the harder ones.

dude please go away,,.. you are finished with this game, so move on to your next platinum.
you are only negative,.. go bitch another game you are gonna play :cheers:

Landmines won't have been fixed as they aren't in the patch notes. They are still chasing them, because it's hard to reproduce. For example, I've never had the landmines personally, but some people get them often, and you'll find people everywhere in between. If you can't reproduce a bug, you can't find what's causing it.

Edit: It's good to see they've eliminated two causes of the crashing in PS4, so they're getting on top of the harder ones.

How can you be sure they eliminated 2 causes of PS4 crashes ? Have you tested 4.0 on PS4 ?

How can you be sure they eliminated 2 causes of PS4 crashes ? Have you tested 4.0 on PS4 ?

It's in the patch notes, two different scenarios causing crashes have been fixed. I didn't get crashes in one of them because it centered around saved set ups from before the tyres were renamed causing crashes in 3.0, and I didn't have any saved set ups from before 3.0.

It's in the patch notes, two different scenarios causing crashes have been fixed. I didn't get crashes in one of them because it centered around saved set ups from before the tyres were renamed causing crashes in 3.0, and I didn't have any saved set ups from before 3.0.

The other is returning from in game to main menu, while the random crashes is still not clear ( when changing cars/track and game mode )

For someone that claimed to not have read my original post all the way through, has insulted me in other discussions, has ridiculed my opinions and now can't resist dropping by just get attention I do wonder about you motives.
I didn't/haven't read your original post.

The other is returning from in game to main menu, while the random crashes is still not clear ( when changing cars/track and game mode )

That's right 2 of the 3 crashes I've had since 3.0 have been that one. The other was the same as the only crash I had pre 3.0 which happened while I was choosing a car and livery in the garage. If they get on top of that one I'll be golden.

I had a crash to XMB the other night whilst navigating the car select screens. First one in months so I'll take that. Get rear-ended by invisible ghosts quite a bit though.

I had a crash to XMB the other night whilst navigating the car select screens. First one in months so I'll take that. Get rear-ended by invisible ghosts quite a bit though.

I must be pretty lucky as I haven't had any invisible things rear ending me, and I haven't had the landmines (presumably these are the same bug but different severity), and I've also seen a number of other bugs that I haven't experienced. Although I don't race online at all so perhaps some of the bugs are concentrated there. I don't know.

Maybe I used up all my bad luck in Pcars with my first crash. Was during car select screen as I said, but I think the game must have been autosaving or something, as my saved data was corrupted when I restarted the game, and I hadn't backed it up, so I lost everything. Admittedly everything wasn't much at that time as I had only gotten through karts and superkarts if memory serves me correctly lol. I was pissed at the time, but at least it taught me to back my saves up to my external drive.

I must be pretty lucky as I haven't had any invisible things rear ending me, and I haven't had the landmines (presumably these are the same bug but different severity), and I've also seen a number of other bugs that I haven't experienced. Although I don't race online at all so perhaps some of the bugs are concentrated there. I don't know.

Maybe I used up all my bad luck in Pcars with my first crash. Was during car select screen as I said, but I think the game must have been autosaving or something, as my saved data was corrupted when I restarted the game, and I hadn't backed it up, so I lost everything. Admittedly everything wasn't much at that time as I had only gotten through karts and superkarts if memory serves me correctly lol. I was pissed at the time, but at least it taught me to back my saves up to my external drive.
I primarily do quick races every time I play so haven't encountered a lot of the bugs either. Need to relaunch my career soon though.

Why waste so much of your time on the internet carrying on about something you don't like? Don't you have anything better to do?

If only I had a bugless racing sim to play to while away the hours ;-)

As I said in my original post, I am done with this bugfest of a game and will not be posting here (probably) at all after this discussion has ended.

You (and others) don't seem to get it. I am finished with this game. I don't care anymore. Insult me, abuse me carry on like a fanboy all you like it just doesn't matter because my care factor is zero!

To any mods reading this please close this thread as I think it is finished with. I will quietly go away and get on with my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back