The Gran Turismo 2 Photo Mode Thread (Submit Your Own Too!)

• Thread starter Razor440
  • 88 comments
Made a track description...because I love the Arcade Mode menu's style...just something about it really gets me.

tuf3zGP.png

Of course, some screenshots of Seattle to compliment the previous image! :D

HFBg49L.png

Just decided to the Event Generator today, believe it or not. đź’ˇ

bpdLyVz.png

I was driving a nearly stock Dodge Neon ACR, which to my surprise, it is actually painted the same shade of purple as my TVR Cerbera Speed Six. :dopey:

UZlZ0qS.png

Here was the starting grid. Let's see...we've got a New Beetle, a 323ci, a couple of Mitsubishi Mirages, and my tastefully 90's looking Dodge Neon. :)

YHtXnRU.png

Decided to check out the NSTC-J replays...this one is basically Arcade Mode in a nutshell. I was always kind of bothered that a race-spec Shelby Cobra Daytona was racing against a pack of 90's "bedroom poster" cars, while crashing down some hilly streets. Probably not a good idea if you're planning to go to a Concours' event next week. :eek:

JN5FOA4.png

axKWE9L.png

You know what that Ruf's face would be if it had one. :D

xSYwNtE.png

"So Mark, what are you bringing to the race at Super Speedway?"

"My new Ford Taurus SHO."

"I sincerely hope you mean your Valvoline car you drove a couple weeks ago."

"Nope, the FWD car will do the job for me"

kcy9oXY.png

Well, nothing to really say here. Actually, I just caught a new specimen of Pokemon...it won't stop saying "Zoom." I think I'm going to call it "Mazda."

ixwGYlX.png

What I love about Gran Turismo is that they really get their cities right. If you flip back and forth between a real image and this image of the Seattle Lighting building, you'll notice how accurate Gran Turismo 2 was compared to other games of the time when it came to quality and detail. Play this game for a couple hours, then switch to Test Drive 6...oh boy.

J520xyX.png

OyDi9Q5.png

tjCWH9X.png

Speaking of Test Drive 6...

9eUxyXL.png

This is one of my favorite camera angles..would love to go to Seattle and try to drive on the circuit's path even if it means stop and go traffic...or rain for that matter. :lol:

mATtZKv.png

Gran Turismo 2 isn't the best when it comes to making images like this one of the Fiat Coupe and Alfa Romeo 156, neck and neck at Special Stage Route 5.

1rbKaMS.png

Never expected to see this car lead the race for so long...I mean, it's a freaking Plymouth Pronto Spyder!

PcoYxhG.png

Of course, what would Gran Turismo be without a cluster of race traffic?

gVi1zqh.png

jgr3XMX.png

RSvdR2O.png

jGJx6Ti.png

8ov9taE.png

1VrcSY7.png

CNjH1CX.png

"And on that bombshell..."

Loving the work here! :cheers: @Razor440

Here's something special I though of doing, not too relevant but here you go!

2jew6y8.jpg

So what's the story behind this screenshot? Are you showcasing the M12? Looks nice, just would change those odd looking wheels. They look like Holden Monaro/Pontiac GTO rims. :D

So what's the story behind this screenshot? Are you showcasing the M12? Looks nice, just would change those odd looking wheels. They look like Holden Monaro/Pontiac GTO rims. :D

Not really a story behind this but a experiment, it's how a remake of GT2 would look, I thought about coming to this after playing around with 3D software for a while. And yeah, still needs some work like this wheels. Plus, considering of Turing this into a animation aswell.

Not really a story behind this but a experiment, it's how a remake of GT2 would look, I thought about coming to this after playing around with 3D software for a while. And yeah, still needs some work like this wheels. Plus, considering of Turing this into a animation aswell.

Hope you have good luck with this.

@Razor440 Can't fool me! Those NISMO wheels on the S13 K's 1800 aren't buyable! Mind sharing how you got them? :P I'm interested...

Here's how I did it.

I first got myself a pistachio green S13. I screenshotted the car. I pasted the image into Paint Dot Net.

Then, took a screenshot of the in-game Nismo 400R (the four door version), cut out a wheel, and pasted it on top of the pre-existing wheels on the S13.

Also made sure to set the quality of the wheels to "nearest neighbor" rather than "bilinear".

GT2 has little to no anti-aliasing features so the wheel quality would not match the rest of the car if I had set it to bilinear.

Yep, was a fake screenshot. :dopey:

I think it is possible to do this, but I do not have access to say how, I believe.

Here's how I did it.

I first got myself a pistachio green S13. I screenshotted the car. I pasted the image into Paint Dot Net.

Then, took a screenshot of the in-game Nismo 400R (the four door version), cut out a wheel, and pasted it on top of the pre-existing wheels on the S13.

Also made sure to set the quality of the wheels to "nearest neighbor" rather than "bilinear".

GT2 has little to no anti-aliasing features so the wheel quality would not match the rest of the car if I had set it to bilinear.

Yep, was a fake screenshot. :dopey:

I think it is possible to do this, but I do not have access to say how, I believe.
If we look at the stock car files we could try this, but I have no clue if the code will break the game.

"Stock wheels" are placed within the car's textures files, so you can't simply get, let's say, Drag wheels on a Punto via GameShark codes. If you wanna do it, you have to extract the wheel portion of the texture and replace one of the .tim files found in the 'carwheel' folder with it (or just add a new file, if you understand how wheel codes work).

Small dump of photos from today's races I decided to partake in. More will come soon, eventually this week.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Gah, this race is such a pain in the dingus cringus. Because the GT40 loves to terrorize unsuspecting racers, that's why.

unknown.png

Less than 295 horspower they said... :boggled:

unknown.png

Found myself powersliding after the GT40 overtook me for the second time.

unknown.png

unknown.png

My new favorite GT2 car, the 1991 Toyota Aristo 3.0v! Never drove this car before, and my god is it fun! Totally would reccomend driving this car in GT2- feels pretty damn nice even without any upgrades, although when I raced it at Rome it was complete bliss with all the suspension upgrades I installed. :dopey:

unknown.png

an intro-esque shot of a typical S15.

unknown.png

aaaannd a huge drift from the japanese luxobarge!

unknown.png

unknown.png

Looks like I wasn't the only person with an Aristo.

unknown.png

My favorite shot of the day.

unknown.png

Short, but brief photodump. Sundays go by waaaaaaaay too fast.

Last edited:
What race is that? I don't know of any races that have the CTR Yellowbird mixed with a NSX, tuner cars, and a GT1, especially on Rome reverse on all places, a track that's unused in the career. Except the even generator, in which you can have just about any opponents as long as it's within your car's performance range i think.

Also I don't think it's really on-topic with the subject of GT2 photomode-like shots. I think the Searching for hidden things in GT2 thread might've been more appropriate to get the answers you need.

I messed around a little bit with some various mods and got Gran Turismo 2 looking spectacular, as well as figuring out how to create races on various tracks... So, have some Super Touring Car action at the Autumn Ring.

SCUS-94488_2022-03-13_22-29-36.png

SCUS-94488_2022-03-13_22-33-58.png

SCUS-94488_2022-03-13_22-34-17.png
SCUS-94488_2022-03-13_22-34-39.png
SCUS-94488_2022-03-13_22-34-42.png

Unfortunately, I think I did something that made it so when I try to do a race on another circuit in a series that doesn't run there, I get this version of Autumn Ring instead... If anybody might know what could possibly fix this, send me a Private Message.

Unfortunately, I think I did something that made it so when I try to do a race on another circuit in a series that doesn't run there, I get this version of Autumn Ring instead...

The 2-player version of Autumn Ring with missing grandstands etc. is the default track when the game can't find whatever it's been told to load. I presume you're giving it an invalid track name, hence why it's falling back to the default.

OK, back at this again with a track selection code that works, so here's some JGTC cars at Grand Valley Speedway in Reverse for the fun of it. While the winner of the race was basically a forgone conclusion, the rest of the field had a good battle for positions.

SCUS-94488_2022-04-01_22-24-14.png
SCUS-94488_2022-04-01_22-24-26.png
SCUS-94488_2022-04-01_22-24-28.png
SCUS-94488_2022-04-01_22-24-30.png
SCUS-94488_2022-04-01_22-24-53.png
SCUS-94488_2022-04-01_22-25-32.png
SCUS-94488_2022-04-01_22-25-48.png
SCUS-94488_2022-04-01_22-25-54.png
SCUS-94488_2022-04-01_22-26-04.png
SCUS-94488_2022-04-01_22-26-20.png
SCUS-94488_2022-04-01_22-26-58.png
SCUS-94488_2022-04-01_22-27-06.png