The Gran Turismo 2 Photo Mode Thread (Submit Your Own Too!)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 2' started by Razor440, Feb 7, 2016.

1. GTE4everyone

GTE4everyone

2. GTE4everyone

GTE4everyone

On the side it says the name of some tofu store in Japanese..... That explains a lot.

3. Razor440

Razor440

It explains a plot, wink, wink, nod, nod.

4. GTE4everyone

GTE4everyone

Is this a really bad pun? I'm lost here.

Razor440 and JASON_ROCKS1998 like this.
  5. Razor440

Razor440

A very bad one that is, yes terrible it is. Yes. Ye-

joesbbqfootmassage.png

FINALLY! WE GET TO LOOK AT SOME NEW PICTURES I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT!

gt2clubmen.png

Somewhat inspired by GT3.

dragrace1.png

I wish, I really wish.

DODGE CHALLENGER WALLPAPER.png
    It's a pretty nice wallpaper, isn't it?

granturismo2-r33@redrockvalley.png
    Good old Red Rock Valley.

celicassii.png

granturismo2-lagunasecaraceway-logo.png
    Probably didn't see this version.

gt2-hunterandtheprey.png
    The hunter and the prey.

6. Razor440

Razor440

skyline.png skyline2.png

smoke in your face.png

Smoke in your face.

ToyGTone and GTE4everyone like this.
  7. ferrari gt

ferrari gt

Nice thread!
    I remember experimenting quite a while ago :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Razor440

Razor440

How did you do this? This is amazing and looks very faithful to the original wallpapers, and faithful to the early Gran Turismo games...I can tell this is a different game, but are those actual Gran Turismo 2 cars you used? I know your good at importing cars from GT4 so I wouldn't be surprised if you imported those GT2 cars for fun.

Here are a few for today...

Tuned Cash Cow Cup.png

Yep, that's another event wallpaper mockery I made."We use cash cows (as in the HKS Drag cars seen up front) so you have to (win.)

nightlife speedlife.png

I wanted to salvage this one somehow. So I made it really blurry so you couldn't see the terrifying pixelation.

granturismo2-seattlecityracers.png

I think Polyphony didn't need a damage model, they already have cars with twitchy body panels, which kind of looks like as if the cars are digitally corrupted. Such as that red Lancia. Also notice the Taurus with the strange pillar.

HKS_DRAG_WALLPAPER.png

I might as well make a wallpaper in the style of @ferrari gt . This one was inspired by the Mini Cooper wallpaper set at Trial Mountain. That wallpaper however, is a total lie to what Gran Turismo 2 looks like. That's why I made this one, to sum up Gran Turismo 2's weird side.

Yes, HKS Drag 180SX and HKS Drag Skyline R33 battle it out on the long straights of Test Course, while a Mine's Lancer Evo VI, a 1997 Tommykiara R (R33), a Tom's T020, and a Tom's Altezza struggle to keep up with them. Wierd.

titlecard.png

This is the main menu screen from the demo versions, modified to look a bit more like the final product.

Also, that Honda S2000 is nowhere else to be found in the game manual whilst the Altezza, the Skyline, the RX-7, and whatever car is behind it are able to be seen in the game manual. This is from an NSTC-U trial version, hence the logo being different.

TwinTurbo LM and ToyGTone like this.
  9. Razor440

Razor440

Since nobody who lives in the US is a Gran Turismo fan, I am probably one of the first to attempt to recreate a .png of the US verision of the GT2 logo. And, it's transparent!

gran-turismo-2-logo.png

It's not the best quality, so I will touch it up later...

ToyGTone likes this.
  10. FerrariF1GT

FerrariF1GT

Worst stereotype ever. Sorry if that's offensive.

I live in the US and I like Gran Turismo, and there are probably many more that are on the same boat, even if they vigorously defend it.

ToyGTone and Razor440 like this.
  11. Razor440

Razor440

That's okay, it was a joke ;)

It's true there are many GT fans, but I think most are interested into the latest game, are they? I've only seen 3 good reviews on this game and it's kind of confusing to understand why...:( There are so many other games that get more reviews than GT... But why?

12. ferrari gt

ferrari gt

There was no interior view in GT2 so...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    GETEDA, Matvex, Castrol96 and 8 others like this.
  13. Razor440

Razor440

Mother of God.

That is amazing.

MarchingSaint and J24681357 like this.
  14. GTE4everyone

GTE4everyone

It is.

How'd you do that?

15. chengman

chengman

Still better quality than standard GT6 cars.

16. GTE4everyone

GTE4everyone

Which had absolutely nothing.

17. Razor440

Razor440

We would have complained if we had PS1 quality interiors though...but better than nothing!

18. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

I think if PD put in cockpit view in GT1/2 it would look better than that. I mean NFS II had cockpit view and that looked like this:

[​IMG]

Granted, NFS only had 10 cars or so compared to 140+ for GT1, but a lot of cars have similar interiors anyway (Skylines, Miatas, GTOs, NSXs, etc).

glassjaw likes this.
  19. ferrari gt

ferrari gt

Not Likely. The interior you're showing is a bunch of high-resolution(by old standarts) pictures,and basically,they weight a lot and need more vram,GT already has pushed PS1 to the limits,so low-poly 3d interior with just a couple of little textures would do the trick back in the day

20. Patruck GT2

Patruck GT2

Great quote, really. Spent hours playing that

Razor440 likes this.
  21. GTE4everyone

GTE4everyone

You in the wrong forum?

22. Razor440

Razor440

No, that's a caption form one of my images. It's a reference to a gaming legend :sly:

23. GTE4everyone

GTE4everyone

Oh ok

24. Razor440

Razor440

I'm hoping to do some screenshots soon.

25. tankuroded

tankuroded

This is actually from GT1, but I decided to put it here instead. And I did made those:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:mischievous:

Razor440 likes this.
  26. Razor440

Razor440

@tankuroded

I don't get it. :lol:

Looks pretty sinister though. :drool:

tankuroded likes this.
  27. Razor440

Razor440

I know most of these are from Gran Turismo 1 dealership menus but making a new thread for a couple images would be unnecessary.

Couldn't get a 90's specific Dodge Ram logo for this, or a HD image of the dealership's engine shot of the Dodge Viper GTS, so I used this image from the internet assuming it was an official press/brochure image. And just learned that The New Dodge logo or whatever you call it is actually in Times New Roman.

DODGE_1.png

High Definition version of the Chevrolet Dealership image. Had to rip the Chevy logo from the game since NOBODY had this logo up on Google.

CHEVROLET_1.png
    Finally, something that used all HD images!

ACURA-HONDA_2.png
    Same thing, but with no blur and smaller logos.

ACURA-HONDA.png
    The only image here that had one source-the game itself! Just fixed the aspect ratio since I run my games in 16:9 (cause I like it that way) and edited the image a bit.

MAZDA Dealership - Gran Turismo 1.png

Wasn't exactly what you usually see here but hopefully I can get myself to do some gameplay 'shots soon!

GETEDA likes this.
  28. MMRivit

MMRivit

Mind if I share some of my own? My takes on what some cut dealers could've looked like.

You guys probably know by now, Ford was meant to be divided into US Ford, EU Ford and Mercury.

[​IMG]
    The Ford dealer in South City has a picture of the Ka, an European model (at least its internal name, 'efkan', suggests that). Since this is supposed to be US Ford, I replaced it with a Mustang. The manufacturer races are also based on Euro models, so they were taken to the appopriate subsidiary.

[​IMG]
    For EU Ford I just replaced the description with something that suited the Cologne-based company better. If this was to be included in the final game, it would be found in North City (unlike that early screenshot that had it placed in West City).

[​IMG]
    My take on Mercury. Not much to be seen here, if this was to be included it would sit between the Lister and Vector dealers in terms of relevance.

Small bonus:

[​IMG]
    Something I made a while ago. A remake of a screenshot from the User Manual. I'd dig an early build with such menus!

29. Razor440

Razor440

@MMRivit Wow, those look amazing. Great descriptions for those cars, these showrooms look just as good as your videos. :D

MMRivit likes this.
  30. Razor440

Razor440

More Than I Can Take.png YOUARETHEREALDRIVINGSIMULATOR.png The New Dodge.png Copperwater Revival.png TAKUMI!!!.png Kicking The Barrel.png Glitterball.png After the Rich Kid.png Pro Hatuh.png real driving simulator.png psx12.png Violent Words.png Don't Mean A Thing.png Speed Playah.png HKS DRAG.png It's Alright.png Born In My Town.png

in heaven in heaven.png

Rest in peace modem circa 2003.

Attached Files:

GETEDA likes this.