The Gran Turismo 5 DLC Conspiracy

  • Thread starter Thread starter NeoXenzaka
  • 60 comments
  • 11,866 views
Messages
177
Messages
NeoXenzaka
I love Gran Turismo 5. I play it daily. So far, it's the only game for me to come close to the feel of something other than just a "video game".

Forget the 5five years it took to make the game. Where is the 5five years of content?

Let's keep in mind. We don't know too much "on the other side" about GT5. Other than our observations on Kaz. This is not to say for certain "PD is out to get us".

On the other hand, I question so much why content is missing and have to truly wonder: was this done on purpose?

A lot of gtplanet conspirators have suggested that content was purposefully left out of the game to make money from DLC for Gran Turismo 5.

What are the chances of the "old tracks" and "things missing" coming back in DLC at a price? Why was the content not found in GT5?

If the content "missing" comes back as priced DLC, will you buy it?
 
Sure I would buy it. But what are they waiting for? Seriously if they were going to release DLC in PS Store wouldn't they have done it already? The game was at its height of popularity around Christmas.
 
If it came back as DLC i would definitely buy it. But if it was "left out of release" it would have been out months ago.
 
Sure I would buy it. But what are they waiting for? Seriously if they were going to release DLC in PS Store wouldn't they have done it already? The game was at its height of popularity around Christmas.

That's a really good point.

I'd agree, you think they would have.
"
 
I think if they were to release DLC right after the game it would seem evident they did it on purpose.

But to wait extra time makes it seem like "oh yeah gise we're totally rebuildin' da trax for ya...ya want midfield OKAY" when in reality, the tracks have LONG been rendered for GT5.
 
It took long creating premium vehicles that can take up to six months which took most of the five years. They don't leave DLC out on purpose, they've already released some DLC cars to America and Europe. It's not a conspiracy, and they just don't have all tracks in the game. So? Don't think PD is a greedy company like you picture it.
 
Where is the 5five years of content?

Here.

http://community.us.playstation.com/...art=0&tstart=0

We've already gotten a few forms of DLC, and PD has constantly hinted that far more is on the way.

Oh yeah, and the country is a bit busy. I'm pretty sure DLC isn't high on their priority list... yet they still have been able to find a way to give us a few entertaining seasonals.

Will I buy it when it comes out?

Damn straight! I've loved this series since the first game, and have grown to love the many features in this version, regardless of how "useless" they are. More cars! More tracks! More features! More content! The first taste of the GT1 demo was free, and now my addiction is completely out of control!

Kudos to PD for what they've already given.
 
It took long creating premium vehicles that can take up to six months which took most of the five years. They don't leave DLC out on purpose, they've already released some DLC cars to America and Europe. It's not a conspiracy, and they just don't have all tracks in the game. So? Don't think PD is a greedy company like you picture it.

The Schick Camaro and Academy GTR were both liveries remember. I wouldn't call that a new car so much as a reliveried one
 
@ McClarenDesign, that link didn't work for me could you check it out?
 
I will buy all the dlc (unless if it's only an online mode as I don't use online).
I'm also waiting for a hood view like most of the other games have.
 
I think the OP gives PDI too much credit. Consider the content that's in the game and you may change your mind about conspiracy theories.

Cars with different numbers on hood and sides

The car wash animation where they don't even touch the car

The pit stop where the refueler sticks the nozzle in the air to refuel your car

The paint shop!

Then there's the method used to get car count over 1000 - The Clio and Lutecia are different cars? How about the Team Oreca Viper; two different numbers make it two cars.

These examples are the opposite of some sinister plot. They tell you the game wasn't done very well in the first place. So, I doubt that it will be fixed with DLC.
 
@iamjajo
You have a point but i think most of us have accepted it, you love it too even if its annoying. :lol:
 
...How about the Team Oreca Viper; two different numbers make it two cars.

These examples are the opposite of some sinister plot. They tell you the game wasn't done very well in the first place. So, I doubt that it will be fixed with DLC.

They aren't even the most obvious.
I give you the Mazda 6 Touring car...
screenshot20110404at101.png


And the Mazda Attenza Touring Car...
screenshot20110404at101.png

Lol, thats right. They are identical! Right down to the number
 
What are the chances of the "old tracks" and "things missing" coming back in DLC at a price? Why was the content not found in GT5?


While yonis was digging around the gran-turismo.com servers for track logos for the B-Spec Grinder he came across GT5 logos for most of the missing tracks. Read his post here.
 
It took long creating premium vehicles that can take up to six months which took most of the five years. They don't leave DLC out on purpose, they've already released some DLC cars to America and Europe. It's not a conspiracy, and they just don't have all tracks in the game. So? Don't think PD is a greedy company like you picture it.

It did not take all of the time!!! The article i think you are quoting was comparing the times it took to render a car... like gt1 took one guy twenty minutes with a car, but for gt5 ONE person would take six months to make a premium... and i really really really doubt they got one person doing each premium. Alone. It would be ridiculous.
 
Sure I would buy it. But what are they waiting for? Seriously if they were going to release DLC in PS Store wouldn't they have done it already? The game was at its height of popularity around Christmas.

Call of Duty 4 DLC was released six months after the game was released.
 
Regarding car modeling and such, you can get a pretty neat picture of the real time-consumption for that modeling when you look at some official numbers issued by company that worked as outsourcing modeler for GT5 main console rival.

Austrian company Rabcat worked exclusively on preparing car-assets for FM3, constituting of 18 exteriors and 9 interiors. As they state in their official company-advertising document, that task consumed 25 man-months of 14 people.

http://www.rabcat.com/Rabcat_Printportfolio2010.pdf (Page 11)

Notice they've worked "only" on normal-mapping models and some high-level LOD's and not on all interiors of the cars they've delivered to T10.

Now put that into perspective of much more detailed Premium cars of GT5, notice that whole car-modeling team of PD is just 40 people and make the equation.

No conspiracy there IMO, we got the highest possible number of assets PD could produce for GT5.
 
Let's not forget the comment left by kaz around release. He said everything is already on the disc, and will be unlocked with time. Dlc is nothing more then letting the locked items be seen.
 
Austrian company Rabcat worked exclusively on preparing car-assets for FM3, constituting of 18 exteriors and 9 interiors. As they state in their official company-advertising document, that task consumed 25 man-months of 14 people.

http://www.rabcat.com/Rabcat_Printportfolio2010.pdf (Page 11)

Notice they've worked "only" on normal-mapping models and some high-level LOD's and not on all interiors of the cars they've delivered to T10.

Now put that into perspective of much more detailed Premium cars of GT5, notice that whole car-modeling team of PD is just 40 people and make the equation.

That team of 14 would take 27.3 years to create 236 car models. A team of 40, working at the same rate, would take 9.56 years.

Of course, there are other variables to consider, such as the number of "duplicate" premiums we have (i.e. Nascar stock cars), amount of modeling PD may have outsourced, etc
 
I used to think that generated tracks could not be played online and that we couldn't model them ourselves because of upcoming track DLC.

While they made the created tracks playable online, full control over the editor is still not there, so it's somewhere in the middle in my eyes.
 
....and the conspiracy theories continue. Look outside of your tiny bubble, to the issues destroying society, and MAYBE you will see how selfish and trivial this crap really is. Maybe you people should channel some of this energy to the things that are actually important.
 
Does anyone know what size of Blu-ray disc GT5 is on? Could the reason for limitations in the numbers of tracks and events be due to disc space? Perhaps they wanted to keep the game on 1 Blu-ray disc and there wasn't room for more tracks. Just a thought.
 
Yes, there's been DLC cars, but not everyone have access to them. I haven't had any chance for DLC.
 
I love Gran Turismo 5. I play it daily. So far, it's the only game for me to come close to the feel of something other than just a "video game".

Forget the 5five years it took to make the game. Where is the 5five years of content?

Let's keep in mind. We don't know too much "on the other side" about GT5. Other than our observations on Kaz. This is not to say for certain "PD is out to get us".

On the other hand, I question so much why content is missing and have to truly wonder: was this done on purpose?

A lot of gtplanet conspirators have suggested that content was purposefully left out of the game to make money from DLC for Gran Turismo 5.

What are the chances of the "old tracks" and "things missing" coming back in DLC at a price? Why was the content not found in GT5?

If the content "missing" comes back as priced DLC, will you buy it?

If they would put it on sale now, I would be it right away even when it costs just as much as the entire game (talking about all previous gt tracks, missing cars etc in one single dlc pack).
 
I'm just guessing but the reason it took 5 years is because they don't outsource their work like Turn 10 does with Forza. Obviously, if you have more staff working on a project, more stuff gets made. When you are doing everything in-house, then less stuff gets made and the longer it takes.
 
Does anyone know what size of Blu-ray disc GT5 is on? Could the reason for limitations in the numbers of tracks and events be due to disc space? Perhaps they wanted to keep the game on 1 Blu-ray disc and there wasn't room for more tracks. Just a thought.



GT.VOL, the archive that houses all in game content is 11GB in size. The game isn't even filling half of Blu-ray's dual layer capacity. Somebody needs to unpack the contents of that .VOL file like they did with GT3, GT4 to see what was planned.
 
Who cares if they are holding out on tracks and cars that are already completed? There's more than enough content right now to justify the cost of the game. I've played for well over 100 hours and I'm still not bored of it yet.

I think most people (including myself) really have no idea what it takes to make a game like this with such a small staff. It's pretty amazing actually.

I'll admit that the game has a slight air of incompleteness to it, but with DLC becoming the norm, this shouldn't surprise anyone. I mean, people pay $60 to play a 4 hour single player campaign, and then play the same old deathmatch online with 10 maps or so in Call of Duty. Now that is a game I constantly feel ripped off by.

I'm very happy with the game as it is, and I look forward to anything PD has to offer for DLC in the future.
 
GT.VOL, the archive that houses all in game content is 11GB in size. The game isn't even filling half of Blu-ray's dual layer capacity. Somebody needs to unpack the contents of that .VOL file like they did with GT3, GT4 to see what was planned.

Quoting for those who can.
 
Back