The Gran Turismo Car & Track Wishlist Thread...

• Thread starter Famine
  • 395 comments
I think I did a list in another post like this, but I can't find it, so here it goes an updatedand shorter than the original list.
AMG G63
Autozam AZ1
BMW M5 Competition/CS
Bentley Speed 8
Chevrolet Corvette C8R GT3
Citroën 2CV
Dodge Viper ACR Extreme Aero Package 2017
Ferrari F12 Tdf
Ferrari 296 and it's competition derivatives
Ferrari F430 Scuderia
Ferrari 812 Superfast
Honda NSX JGTC Castrol or Avex Dome Mugen
Lancia Delta S4, both rally and Stradale
Lancia Rally 037
Maserati 250F
Mazda Savanna RX7 SA22
Mclaren 675LT
Mine's GT-R R34
Mitsubishi FTO
Nismo R34 Z Tune or CRS
Pagani Zonda Cinque
Porsche 911 GT1 racing
Renault Maxi 5 Turbo
Renault Spider
Škoda 130RS
Škoda 160 Metalex

Real Circuits:
Donington
Hockenheim
Sugo
Motegi
Jarama
Check This Out Look Here GIF by Sesame Street
Skoda 160 Metalex_0975rygj.jpg
Check This Out Cookie Monster GIF by Sesame Street

Jarama would be the perfect place to host a Spanish Grand Prix AGAIN! - Especially for Madrid-born native Carlos Sainz Jr

Frustrated Here We Go GIF by Sesame Street

Wne Way to blow $100k+ aWay, ai?

Last edited:
I think I did a list in another post like this, but I can't find it, so here it goes an updated and shorter than the original list:
Audi RS6
Autozam AZ1
BMW M5 Competition/CS
Dodge Viper ACR Extreme Aero Package 2017
Ferrari F12 Tdf
Ferrari 296 and it's competition derivatives
Honda NSX JGTC Castrol or Avex Dome Mugen
Lancia Delta S4, both rally and Stradale
Lancia Rally 037
Maserati 250F
Mazda Savanna RX7 SA22
Mercedes Amg g63
Mclaren 675LT
Mine's GT-R R34
Mitsubishi FTO
Pagani Zonda Cinque
Porsche 911 GT1 racing
Renault Spider
Škoda 130RS
Škoda 160 Metalex

Real Circuits:
Donington
Hockenheim
Sugo
Motegi
Jarama
I improve that Motegi is coming back to gran turismo in the future.

SBX
Check This Out Look Here GIF by Sesame Street
View attachment 1355409
Check This Out Cookie Monster GIF by Sesame Street

Jarama would be the perfect place to host a Spanish Grand Prix AGAIN! - Especially for Madrid-born native Carlos Sainz Jr

Frustrated Here We Go GIF by Sesame Street

Wne Way to blow $100k+ aWay, ai?

Humm... C8R Corvette, what the hell PD?! The Corvette C8R needs to be added to GT7 immediately without questions asked.

Humm... C8R Corvette, what the hell PD?! The Corvette C8R needs to be added to GT7 immediately without questions asked.
There's one question: why won't Pratt & Miller licence any Cx.R for Gran Turismo?

Polyphony is pretty powerless in that regard, so you might want to ease up on that front.

I improve that Motegi is coming back to gran turismo in the future.
PD's not far off completing entire Super GT's domestic track list - SUGO & Okayama are absolute happening.

As for Dat Hockenheim. Its current make-over is nowhere near the legendary old one. I have never able to understand why people
rate this track so high over other German race circuits i.e. Lausitzring being an absolute thrill to race in, imo.
Else Mr.Mark'll send in cookie monster Munch-Mnch y'all uP!!

There's one question: why won't Pratt & Miller license any C8.R for Gran Turismo?

Polyphony is pretty powerless in that regard, so you might want to ease up on that front.
Is there any way you could ask PD to Pratt & miller for partnership to add the C8R into GT7 please?

maybe unrelated but Pratt & Miller were bought by Oshkosh
so perharps there is more room now? who knows

Is there any way you could ask PD to Pratt & miller for partnership to add the C8R into GT7 please?
I don't exactly have that kind of power. Also I'm pretty sure that PD is entirely aware of the cars, having previously included the C5.R and with cars inspired by the C6.R in GT5/6 and C7.R in GTS/7 (which may be related to this issue).

Some folks heavily mentioned Pontiac earlier, so I want to add one of my personal favorite Pontiacs to this list:

Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am SD-455 '73 (Legend Cars)

View attachment 1355254
Well, I think it’s a possibility. Although this Firebird is only in the Scape, I can’t see PD just letting this one go without modelling it.
20829176975766697.jpg

Similar to how the 500 E is in the datamine. I mean, it may not be this particular 500 E, but it is weird this car just happens to be in the shot.
20830149263875485.jpg

To complete the Super GT and IMSA track roster, here are a few tracks I can suggest:

Sportlsand Sugo
Okayama International Circuit
Sebring International Raceway
Road America
Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Time to put these partnerships to good use.
THE BRICKYARD!!!! INDIANAPOLIS SPEEDWAY!!!! Broo.... Indy Speedway is my favorite squarial oval

When sorted by votes, it’s very interesting the three most requested real world USA circuits are not in the game.

Especially considering Sonoma was in GT4. I guess there are licensing issues as we didn’t see it alongside the NASCAR licence.

Speaking of the C8.R/Z06 GT3.R Corvette licensing issues...

Why didn't PD handle the situation like they did with the Honda NSX Gr. 3? It would have been enough to create a Corvette C8 Gr. 3, sufficiently similar to the real counterpart, but without being an exact copy of the C8.R or the Z06 GT3.R.

I feel like they're a bit lost in the glass on this one...

When sorted by votes, it’s very interesting the three* most requested real world USA circuits are not in the game.

Especially considering Sonoma was in GT4. I guess there are licensing issues as we didn’t see it alongside the NASCAR licence.
* actually the four most requested, to be precise (Sonoma, Road America, Sebring, COTA).

TBH outside of the Speed 12 my favorite TVR is V8S. That is the only TVR I have seen in real life growing up in New York.
TVRV8S.jpg

At the time I thought this was the coolest car in the world. I never saw another but when I first played GT1 I remembered that car. Would be nice if they bought it back to GT7 .

Speaking of the C8.R/Z06 GT3.R Corvette licensing issues...

Why didn't PD handle the situation like they did with the Honda NSX Gr. 3? It would have been enough to create a Corvette C8 Gr. 3, sufficiently similar to the real counterpart, but without being an exact copy of the C8.R or the Z06 GT3.R.
The C7 Gr.3 was already a copy of Callaway C7 GT3-R (they referred to it in the GT Cafe text*, which I take as a partial acknowledgement of that fact). Now that P&M is taking control of both C8 race cars, I don't think they would be happy with a "C8 Gr.3"; ergo Chevrolet might be stuck with the C7 Gr.3 for the rest of the lifetime.

Also, the reason the NSX Gr.3 exists because GT Sport development occurred prior to launch of Honda version of the NSX GT3.

---
*Cafe text in question: "You ever heard of the German ADAC GT Masters? It's a race where each car has a pair of drivers, one amateur and one pro. For the 2016 ADAC Masters, Chevrolet entered a Corvette C7 FIA-GT3. The following year, they claimed both driver and team championships. This is a car that an amateur can handle, but which can also withstand any punishment a pro can throw at it. Yep, in terms of performance, this Corvette C7 Gr.3 is quite something."

Now that P&M is taking control of both C8 race cars, I don't think they would be happy with a "C8 Gr.3"; ergo Chevrolet might be stuck with the C7 Gr.3 for the rest of the lifetime.
Imho that situation might have changed since P&M were bought by Oshkosh , but if PD wouldn't be able to scan the actual C8 race car for whatever reason , they still can do their own Gr.3 version aka adding any body kit and call it a day

Last edited:
kjb
TBH outside of the Speed 12 my favorite TVR is V8S. That is the only TVR I have seen in real life growing up in New York.
View attachment 1355722
At the time I thought this was the coolest car in the world. I never saw another but when I first played GT1 I remembered that car. Would be nice if they bought it back to GT7 .
Here's another classic; V8S predecessor iWANT! that's well known within the TVR community
1979 TVR 3000S Turbo.jpg

1979 TVR 3000S Turbo [Turbocharged Ford Essex 3-litre V6 engine!]
Only Way is Essex!
Harry Itv GIF by The Only Way is Essex

Last edited:
There's one question: why won't Pratt & Miller licence any Cx.R for Gran Turismo?

I'd be fine with a made-for-game Chevrolet Corvette C8 Gr.3, honestly. Maybe it could even be a bit of a mash-up between the C8.R and the GT3.R.

I think the 2024 GT500 trio is a likely bet, since that'd mark an even eight years between that trio and the 2016 trio, as there's another eight years between the two trios we currently have. Plus I'm the trio for 2024 is so drastically different from the 2016 one, with a complete turnover in models. That said, I really do think the Lexus LC500h GT300 - from 2021, the same season as the class-winning BRZ - would be perfect for a newer Lexus Gr.3 racer. I'm also really hoping that the Audi RS5 DTM sets a precedent for similar cars from Aston Martin, BMW, and Mercedes-AMG to come into GT, too.

Last edited:
Cars:
Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5 (1985)
Alfa Giulia Spider (1962)
Lamborghini Jalpa (1980s)
Original Toyota MR-2 (1980s)

More convertibles in general to take advantage of the VR environment. If I am being specific, then I'd ask for these:
Ferrari 348 Spider
Ferrari 365 GT/4 (Daytona) Spider
Ferrari 250 California Spider
Jaguar E-Type drop top
Any of the previously mentioned TVRs
Mazda RX-7 (1980s) Turbo II convertible
Spyker C8 Spyder
Maserati Ghibli Spider (1960s)

Would love to see Lotus return but I accept they can't come to an agreement with, I assume, Geely, hence Volvo also being absent

I think there's a big gap with Alfa Romeo that I'd love to see them fill. The Busso V6 is a legendary engine and is unrepresented in the game in roadgoing form. It has been there in the past in GTs, 156s, 166s and if I recall correctly, the 147 gta. I think the engine is best, though, in the 1980s Alfetta GTV6, which I think has had a previous vote and is also one of Clarkson's all time favourite cars (maybe that gets PD's attention..)
DSC_0628-1.JPG

The Alfa Spider is another classic, previously represented as the boat-tail Duetto but i think the earlier Giulietta and Giulia Spiders are even prettier and would look gorgeous in VR.
edit-1.jpg

I added the Jalpa to complete the 1980s Italian junior supercar collection (Ferrari 308, De Tomaso Pantera, Maserati Merak).
1585920631_1988-lamborghini-jalpa2_mmthumb.jpg

For tracks, another vote for Midfield, which I miss, and also I'd add Circuito De La Sierra from GT6. Not much to race on, but if you just want to drive road cars in a road environment, its length, nature and location made it perfect for a drive that didn't feel like a track day. With VR, I think Sierra would really come alive.

Zandvoort is also a decent track to drive on, fast and flowing.

Last edited:
I'd be fine with a made-for-game Chevrolet Corvette C8 Gr.3, honestly. Maybe it could even be a bit of a mash-up between the C8.R and the GT3.R.
Why would they bother?

As far as I'm aware, the only fictional Gr.3 car added to the roster for a brand that already had a Gr.3 car was the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 - and that was likely to do with Mazda being a series sponsor and the addition of the RX-Vision concept car.

GT7 already has the Corvette C7 Gr.3, so really it's somewhere between unnecessary and unlikely.

Additionally, there's a solid chance that the two C6 (RM) cars from GT5/6 pissed P&M off, because they're basically clones of the C6.R and sport P&M logos. Doing it again with the C8.R doesn't seem wise, especially if they're looking to repair relations.

Would love to see Lotus return but I accept they can't come to an agreement with, I assume, Geely
Nope. It's all Lotus. Well, Lotus and PD, but ZGH isn't part of it.

Back