The Gran Turismo Fan Favorite Gillet Vertigo Made a Run Up Pikes Peak Too

It’s nice to hear of Gillet again. I really hope pikes peak makes it in game soon

This car was insane in GT4... What engine did it use in that game? So much horsepower in such a tiny body...

According to the GT Wiki, it was a 3.8L V6. But I can't seem to find that engine as the actual engine in the race car. Everything seems to point to a stand 3.6L or modified 4.0L Alfa engine.

It's odd that so much of the car's information on the web comes from various Gran Turismo sites.

What I find interesting is that the car is based off of the prototype cycle-fendered design from back in 1993 rather than the car the Vertigo morphed into to get into sportscar racing, which is the car most people think of.

Last edited:
To be honest I'm just so unimpressed with Pike Peak since they ruined it. What the drivers are doing is still incredibly impressive but no matter what they do I always find it disappointing compared to what it used to be.

Found the video of the run!

Not sure why the speedometer is updating so slowly throughout, though.

To be honest I'm just so unimpressed with Pike Peak since they ruined it. What the drivers are doing is still incredibly impressive but no matter what they do I always find it disappointing compared to what it used to be.

You do realize why they had to do it, right?

I'm just glad I got to experience Pikes Peak (as a spectator) a few times before it was (completely) paved. Seeing Nobuhiro Tajima scream by in his Suzuki with a huge plume of dust behind is something I won't forget....(when I met him at the "fan fest" in Colorado Springs, he was the nicest guy and said "My car is fastest car in Gran Turismo!!")

Back