The Gran Turismo Players Clubhouse (On PS Home). NOW CLOSED...

• Thread starter VBR
  • 157 comments

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
The Gran Turismo Players Club

eddow.jpg

I have opened a club on PS Home called: Gran Turismo Players, we have our own clubhouse with a Pool table, Darts board & 4 arcade cabinets, the club has also been adorned with the finest PS Home furniture as you can see! ;)

The clubhouse is open to all clean racing GT Planet members who are frequent PS Home users (or interested in trying it out), & who can attend the regular weekly meetings at least once per month. Meetings are held on Thursday's at 20:00 UK time onwards (GMT +01:00), this is because PS Home is updated every Thursday, so we can check out the updates together aswell as chatting about GT5. To see what time it is in the UK now, click here.​

How to Join

• In PS Home, go: Start/Options/Clubs/Search Clubs, & search for: Gran Turismo Players, & then apply to join.
  • Make a post in this thread including the PSN ID you use for Home, otherwise I will not accept your application.

Club Rules

• You must attend at least 1 meeting during any given calendar month, or you will lose your membership.
  • Voice chat is not allowed on any channels, anyone caught using it will be warned, & then removed.
  • Use text chat on Local Channel only, this way everyone can see a record of the conversations in the chat log.
  • Rule 1:F in the OLR regarding gentlemanly conduct in chat rooms applies while at the clubhouse.

Members For August

VirtualBornRacer, spikeyhairdude, DARREN200COOK, Antarion, Cobaiye, Digital-Nitrate, Sohaily, chrisjohnson93, d1983, nichols120, ocelot-prodigy, m0t0cyc0, tillbot8, MULE_9242, Borna67890, T24019, topban82, aaajack02 & GTP_leowan731.

Members Evicted For Not Turning Up

Cabriolet21, dimse91, kenni3390, NevlesRepooc, Ondalf, PDCrocks, PS_Johan, Ry-c, Schwadegan, SpaZOO, hammersandy, o_RED_NECK_o, rkhodson, spongky05, weescotman, Sven1972BE, xXDoc187Xx & britvic.

:dopey:

Last edited:
Yh. I would like to join. I'm a regular gt5 and ps home user. Add spikeyhairdude so we can talk more.

VBR
...when you're in PS Home next go: Start/Options/Clubs, search for "Gran Turismo Players", & apply to join.

I'll be processing all PS Home applications shortly before the 8pm meeting tomorrow, there's no need to add me to join, just apply as I already mentioned.

👍

Just a reminder that it starts tonight at 8pm (GMT +01:00), so come along, what's the worst that could happen!

:lol:

Last edited:
Interested but i'm not getting a new PS3 for 2 months (sad face) i've been waiting for something like this for ages.

Had a really really fun time today. I'm definetley coming next week. Found out we all had so much in common and we were always have a laugh. I'll try and upload some of the pictures I took

Why the voice chat ban? If you want to not speak to anyone you can do that here...
Only difference is you can dress like a cowboy and dance on home.

I'd love to join but I'm going TDY for 8 weeks starting Sunday and won't have access to my PS3. I guess I'll wait till I get home from training and join then.

-WNxArchmage-

I would like to join please.
I don't use PS Home as regularly as I used too but with this I just might start using it again. I'll apply tonight at around 7pm (GMT +1).

Interested but i'm not getting a new PS3 for 2 months (sad face) i've been waiting for something like this for ages.

I'll reserve a space for you if you're that interested, will you still be using the same PSN ID, or have you lost the email/password?

I'm interested in joining. My PSN ID is CMICK64.
That's a really nice Club you've built there. I really like to join. My PSN-ID is: Antarion-
I'd love to join but I'm going TDY for 8 weeks starting Sunday and won't have access to my PS3. I guess I'll wait till I get home from training and join then.

-WNxArchmage-

Just to be clear, I won't be inviting you to the club, you need to apply when in PS Home, see my quote below:

VBR
To make an application, post below including the PSN ID you use for Home so I can confirm you are a GT Planet member, & then when you're in PS Home next go: Start/Options/Clubs/Search Clubs, & search for "Gran Turismo Players", then apply to join.

Why the voice chat ban? If you want to not speak to anyone you can do that here...
Only difference is you can dress like a cowboy and dance on home.

The reason for the voice chat ban is this: I ran a club before on PS Home & we had so many problems with it, there is a huge amount of lag, I'm talking seconds, so it very difficult not to talk over others. Also, the mics tend to break up & you miss what others have said, sometimes it's hard to understand others accents etc. Multiply that by having 32 members in the club at the same time & I'm sure you get the picture! With text chat everyone can see what you've said & there is a record of it too just incase someone missed it, so no need to repeat yourself, unlike with a mic.

👍

Here are some pics from last nights meeting, & a lot of fun it was too!

14042646738834018342.jpg

05557091149685779007.jpg

79067546380666786071.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Anyone who wants to join. Don't give VBR ur psn. To join this club, you'll have to go on ps home and apply to join this club. VBR can only accept the request. Giving VBR your psn will not help. If you are going to join then read the OP.

Anyone who wants to join. Don't give VBR ur psn. To join this club, you'll have to go on ps home and apply to join this club. VBR can only accept the request. Giving VBR your psn will not help. If you are going to join then read the OP.

I can invite people to the club myself but choose not to, it's easier if others just apply themselves when on PS Home, & it's less work for me! I do want people to post their PSN ID'd here though, but only to confirm they're a GT Planet member, & a clean racer.

👍

My bad. I'll just be quite. I didn't know you can invite. Ohh well. Forget me and my big mouth. :( . When I had a club I couldn't invite. That was when ps home started.

Last edited:
My bad. I'll just be quite. I didn't know you can invite. Ohh well. Forget me and my big mouth. :( . When I had a club I couldn't invite. That was when ps home started.

No worries Spike mate, don't be too hard on yourself, they probably changed it during an update or something.

:)

Notice to all new applicants: you can apply to join yourself on PS Home, as described in the original post, anytime you want. However, I will only be approving new applications a few minutes before the start of the next meeting, which in this case will be on the 23/6/2011 at 20:00 (GMT +01:00).

👍

Back