THE GRAND TOUR! MONDAY EVENINGS! 7:30ET/00:30GMTOpen 

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 259 comments
Great i'll send the FR tonight and if i can get a race schedule because i am already in a few other race i'd really appreciate it :D
Sounds good! So, the race theme is posted in the second post of this thread. I neglected to do it this week until now...oops. It's always at 00:30GMT, or 7:30 Eastern on this side of the Atlantic. Hopefully you can make it:D

Alright, some more testing is done- I tried some 'normal cars' much like @BEllis7979 has already done with very similar results. But then I tried a heavyweight - Dodge Ram. It burned through fuel like a madman! I guess that's to be expected though. I don't think I could even get through 15 minutes with a tank. @Lilium joined In just as I was about to leave, so not sure if he noticed the fuel gauge or not. I had the restriction set to weight minimum of 1700KGs. It should give us a nice little selection. Lilium did try the Tesla(not sure if he added ballast to get it to 1700 or not) but at that weight it was ineffective. I think this will work out nicely. I don't think we'll need to do much more than a half hour race to necessitate a pit stop, so that is very good news

Big engines, big power, big weight, same PP, everything used up faster. 👍 500pp instead of 400-450pp was a big difference as well.

At 1700kg quite a few muscle cars get ruled out. GT350 and Ford Mustang Mach 1, Chevy Nova, most my faves. Think the SSR pickup will be back!

Muscle truck endurance race only would limit the options and give a specific theme?

Last edited:
@BenMillard - I would like that better, using trucks. The only thing is randoms popping in would only technically be restricted by weight. But, if it had truck in the title, it might not be so bad. I would miss my fave muscle cars too, but I want them to have their own night in a few weeks. This will be a bit different which, as you know, I always like.

Without checking, I'm not sure how many trucks there are....maybe only 3 or 4 that would qualify? That would be less options, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'll play with the weight a bit too to see if raising it a bit would be a bad decision (hint-the newer Shelby is over 1700KGs:eek:).

The other thing with trucks, from what I find anyway, is that I tend to bump people a bit more. Poor visibility and handling contribute to that. So, we'd have to agree to give each other a bit of slack if we get bumped into. And try and leave a bit of extra room. I think next week's night could turn into one of our more memorable ones. You know there's going to be snow:D.

@Benny44
The Xsara tune. the suspension number may seem odd, but it works

Ride height: 112mm front ; 92mm back
Spring rate: 6,25 front ; 6,95 back
Dampers compression: 2 front ; 5 back
dampers Extension: 2 front ; 5 back
Anti-roll bar : 4 front ; 5 back
Camber angle: 1,0 front ; 1,5 Back
Toe angle: 0 front; -0,10 back
(^this is by menu order, if toe and camber are switched, i'm playing in portuguese, and sometimes confuse these)

Brake balance: 2/4

Differential: 6/16/21

Downforce: 120/200

Power Limiter: 76,6

the transmission i'm reworking it atm
=============

And in regards on of theme and what may come across from lobby joiners. First of all, we're all car lovers, so if we write econoboxes, sub compact or whatnot, most of all, no matter what side of the pond, will understand, even if slightly.
Which comes to the second part, if we got a too specific theme, and don't want to explain, i'm all in favor to let randoms race with a car that they choose, as long as its not the miuras/dinos/nsx/s2000 that plague the lobbies. if we're racing 1600cc cars, per example, let them take a 2000cc. its ok, those who came specific for the room, from here, or friends of some of us, will know the theme. so it wont ruin the room in my opinion.

and the 1700kg's will change to trucks? can at least be trucks and SUVS? that gives us more options.

@Lilium Thank you for the tune! It works well. As for trucks, I think I will include SUVs as well. Also, thinking I might up next week's race to 2000KGs. All the trucks and full size SUVs will still work, and eliminate any vehicles that could be considered light in any way. As for people dropping in and getting the wrong car, you're absolutely right. And trying to explain rules to them when they enter can scare them off. One more thing - is it possible to see our car's engine size, or CCs, without going into our garages and looking at the specs for each individual car?

Anyway, onto this evening. It should be fun, and compared with next week, this is almost opposite. I have a good assortment of cars ready, some more for show than for winning. But at least I'll lose in style!

Losing in style? That beats winning in a GSX-R or ZZII or 2J or Opera S2000. (TS030 is OK if it's winning against 2Js.)

My new laptop arrived but the screen is dead. Customer services line opens in 1 hour. No tunes from me by phone typing alone!

@Benny44, on the dealership you can see the CC, of or the tune menu as well. other than that, yes, you have to opern the garage, and select each car.

@BenMillard I agree! Too bad about your screen. Hopefully you can get that taken care of.

@Lilium Thanks, was hoping for an easier way but I didn't remember seeing any. Oh well.

Can't wait for this evening! Going around Matterhorn Short for 40 laps is going to be dizzying!

It was a long-held dream of mine to race low PP race cars in a friendly GT6 session. Finally, it happened! And it was good.

A great race night last night! @Warbeast101 had some internet issues, and eventually disconnected, which was too bad. There were only 4 of us for the main race, with flatpick-slim showing up about a third of the way into it. I felt a little bad not stopping for him, but we had already waited quite a bit with internet issues. Anyway, the 4 of us raced, and everyone held the lead at some point. Cubsalltheway led the most laps (my guess is about 20-25 of the 38 laps), with @BenMillard leading a lot of the rest. Ben Millard was driving a Lancia Stratos, cubsalltheway was driving a racing civic, I was in the Alfa, and Bellis was in a Gairaya(spelling?) Without further ado, here are some pics. Again, I'm still learning how to take good pictures, so bear with me. These are all from the main race.

We're all set to go

@BEllis7979 jumped out to an early lead before Cubs(cubsalltheway is his PSN, but I'm gonna just call him Cubs) took over for most of the first 7 laps

@BenMillard with an overtake in his tail happy Stratos to get to a very short lived first place on lap 8

Lap 12 and Ben takes over first for a while despite a car that was looked like such a handful to drive. But a beautiful car!

This is lap 14 I believe. I think we can agree these are the two prettiest cars on track if you appreciate car history

Lap 17, and if memory serves me, Cubs had taken over the lead, and Ben was in the process of getting it back. Cubs would pit soon after.

Lap 23 and Cubs re-took the lead and held it for quite a while despite getting pushed to the limits

Getting nearer the end (lap 31) and both Ben Millard and I gave Cubs everything we had, yet he clung to that lead like glue

Lap 33 and we're still pushing Cubs hard - @BEllis7979 had gotten into a couple fights with the wall, and a difficult car to handle, but with the three of us battling, he was taking the opportunity to catch up quickly. He was about 3/4 of a lap down, but pushed hard and he is just about to come around the corner in the background

After all the hard work, Bellis is right there going into the last lap! That's me to the right, with Cubs and Ben in a cloud of smoke on the left. What a way to be going into the last 30 seconds!

With about 3/4 of a lap left, we still have no idea who the winner will be!

Cubs had some issues on the final lap, possibly related to tire wear, and Ben keeps that Stratos in line for the win! I was also able to sneak by Cubs for a second place finish.

And the battle for 3rd raged on until the final straight. @BEllis7979 with some miracle final laps to come up with a half-car length win over Cubs. 38 laps, through the rain, with a pit stop and it comes down to this!

Great race everyone! About 95% of the time I had someone either directly in front or behind me. Pretty good in a 38 lap race. As @BenMillard mentioned, the greatest thing was that it was clean, so great job!

Thanks for the race report @Bic44. Apologies for my absence, I woke up feeling ill Monday, and had fallen asleep by race time. Wish I could have been there, looks like it was a great time. I'll try again next Monday. 👍

Unfortunatly my wife's sick, and has 2 distinct infections. I've been tending her since monday, and it should last a couple more weeks. she takes a hell of a long time to recover from illness.

Pity I couldn't race. Like @BenMillard, I too dream of low PP racing cars, and was going to take a spoon s2000.

That's too bad @Lilium - my wife suffers from some health issues, so I may be able to sympathize a bit. But, life doesn't consist of only playing games-they are actually quite low on the list of priorities. It is nice when we can though. I won't be attending this Monday, @BEllis7979 will be. But the races will go on!

Today I won't be able to make it as well guys.
still tending to the wife. She's getting better, but it will still take a bit.

Hope the night goes well.

@BEllis7979 was invitimg me to the room and I was doing admin for another series. The admin took a long time and I missed this event entirely. Was also migrating data to new laptop; another batch done. Then spent some time in GTA5 as a reward.

That's too bad @Lilium - hope your wife feels better soon. It's good you're looking after her:).

@BenMillard I wonder if @BEllis7979 was able to get some people to race? That's 3 of us that usually race not available. Cubs may have joined- he's the only other one that is there most weeks.

I'm really missing the races! I can't wait to be able to re-join. Hoping I'll only miss one more week.

Sorry we were without you @BenMillard @Benny44 @Lilium. Cubs was the only person who joined me, aside from a random who is an absolute demon in the snow. I'm happy to say that Cubs and I took first and second place in all of our races (when the aforementioned demon was not there...I took 3rd in those races). Also, in true Amerocentric fashion the two colony boys voted for American cars on American tracks next week. Good God @Benny44 come back soon so more people will race! @Lilium I hope your wife feels better every day

Sorry we were without you @BenMillard @Benny44 @Lilium. Cubs was the only person who joined me, aside from a random who is an absolute demon in the snow. I'm happy to say that Cubs and I took first and second place in all of our races (when the aforementioned demon was not there...I took 3rd in those races). Also, in true Amerocentric fashion the two colony boys voted for American cars on American tracks next week. Good God @Benny44 come back soon so more people will race! @Lilium I hope your wife feels better every day

Too bad - when I saw three of us weren't going to make it, I realized it was going to probably be a quiet night. Usually you get more randoms once you have 4 or 5 people in the room. Hopefully you can get some more next week.

Having said that, let me know what you want for PP, NOS, weight restrictions, etc and Ill put it on the first page. I think American cars/tracks are a great idea for a couple reasons - it's easy to restrict (it's in the race setup menu - let me know if you need any help), and there'll most likely be some lesser used cars there. Usually American means NASCAR or muscle, but if you're sticking with lower PP cars, that's not really possible or at least not very effective - so you may see some interesting vehicles on track.

I think there's quite a few American tracks too, so that works in your favour (since it's American night, maybe I should spell it 'favor':lol:). Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

hey @Benny44 i fixed my internet and i was wondering what we will be doing for tonight? american cars and tracks? what pp, tires, and restriction?
Hey - so, unfortunately, there will be no racing this evening:guilty:. Unless, of course, somebody else wants to host. @BEllis7979 wont be able to fill in, and I'm not able to either. We'll be back next week though!

Hey everyone - sorry I've been away so long. I don't mean to resurrect an old thread but - I'll be back online soon. I work Monday evening now too, but I was thinking of doing a one night set of races sometime at the end of the month to bid farewell to the old PS3 - it seems most have moved to PS4, and I plan to do the same. We had a short but fun little run, at least that's my feelings. So - I'm hoping we can have one last kick at the can so to speak. I have no idea the theme yet, but we'll keep it true to form - low pp, boost on low. I'm hoping it can have an epic feel to it. Maybe a mash up of two of our best - like Matterhorn for another longer type race and combine it with our 'first cars' night? Just an option. Please let me know what you think!

Back