The Graphics

• Thread starter citroengt1
  • 221 comments

Graphics quality, what do you think?

• Total voters
I just pointed what stood out from other photos offered from the PD.
I don't think anything bad from that comment, even if i does look that way.

Screenshot%202016-05-24%20at%2012.13.46%20AM_zpsbdm03lsx.png

Some of these buildings remind me of GT2000.

Lets hope the quality will be fair around the track when the game is released.

XFdwECU.jpg

Damn the above version compared to recent footage is like night and day :embarrassed:

Last edited:
^ Please use better quality picture. That hurts eyes.

You mean those bullshots? No, I care about in-engine visuals. And this is in a garage with two cars. What you see there is unexcusable.

Just you. And it is 1080p.

Well, the level of aliasing is comparable. But there is a difference of generation in hardware. Shame.

Are you sure that the 3D image in the background is not upscaled? UI seems fine.

Last edited:
You mean those bullshots? No, I care about in-engine visuals. And this is in a garage with two cars. What you see there is unexcusable.

Well, the level of aliasing is comparable. But there is a difference of generation in hardware. Shame.

Are you sure that the 3D image in the background is not upscaled? UI seems fine.

Your picture isn't in-engine visuals though. You've scaled it up 300% and compressed it.

there is no way that it will look like that on release.

I loved the progress in visuals GT5P made and I believed that GT5 will look even better. But what actually happened? Visuals got worse. I lost my hope in PD. They even seem to struggle with new hardware architecture. They are not used to x86-64.

Your picture isn't in-engine visuals though. You've scaled it up 300% and compressed it.

IT IS in-engine. Or does it come from Maya? No. Yes, I upscaled it for people with poor sight/high density screens. What I doubt about is that the game runs in native 1080p. Look how distorted the gameplay images are.

Would be surprising Brand Central was using that much resources for PD not being able to implement some AA at a later build/stage.

I loved the progress in visuals GT5P made and I believed that GT5 will look even better. But what actually happened? Visuals got worse. I lost my hope in PD. They seem to struggle with new hardware architecture. They are not used to x86-64.
Is this a result of you having not seen the countless screenshots and direct, uncompressed gameplay, or are troll infused posts just fun?

IT IS in-engine. Or does it come from Maya? No. Yes, I upscaled it for people with poor sight. What I doubt about is that the game runs in native 1080p. Look how distorted the gameplay images are.

It was in-engine. But then you decided to upscale it by 300%, which distorts the information.

And it is 1080p, count the pixels if you don't believe it. If it was rendered at a lower resolution and then upscaled you'd not be able to see each pixel as clearly as you can with the original image (not the one that you decided to upscale, because that is all blurry thanks to how you upscaled it).

Here is a closeup on the mirror in the original picture (scale 1200%):

mirror1.png

Here's a closeup on the mirror in your picture (scale 400%):

mirror2.png

Here is the mirror in the original image at 100% scale:

mirror3.png

Here is the mirror in your image at 100% scale:

mirror4.png

So you grabbed a picture from the game, but since you scaled it and compressed it it's no longer a good representation of the game's graphics.

What gameplay images are distorted, and in what manner?

Mine's a 2015 model.
Nah nah na nah nah. :P

BrandCentral_01_Top_zpszdkvfzcw.jpg

:lol:

But yes, that image is a shocker.
That particular, individual image.
The weight of evidence is clearly against that being the norm though.

And considering it's mid June, I think we'll be okay.

Thanks guys. Based on the 3 GB video, I believe it is a native 1080p. Antialiasing seems to be effective only in replays though.

It was in-engine. But then you decided to upscale it by 300%, which distorts the information.

And it is 1080p, count the pixels if you don't believe it. If it was rendered at a lower resolution and then upscaled you'd not be able to see each pixel as clearly as you can with the original image (not the one that you decided to upscale, because that is all blurry thanks to how you upscaled it).

So you grabbed a picture from the game, but since you scaled it and compressed it it's no longer a good representation of the game's graphics.

What gameplay images are distorted, and in what manner?

I did not complain about compression artifacts, but the quality of engine rendering. Here you have uncrompressed PNG from original JPEG, enlarged to the same size, but with bicubic interpolation. It is still clear that the picture has reserves regarding quality. If you have large Full HD TV, you will definitely notice that.

BrandCentral_01_Top.png

edit: fixed image size

In overall, I'm pretty disappointed with GTS visuals. I would not believe in 2010 that I will say that, but I can't help myself: Forza 6 looks the same or maybe better in some terms. At least, GTS looks inconsistent at the moment and I'm skeptical it will get better on the same hardware (PS4K finally could make it look sweet?). Nonetheless, the way pCARS render bodyworks on PC is even one level further and no Sony magicians, even in Polyphony Digital, can beat that. Where are the days of GT5P?

Last edited:
Changed my vote from "stays the same" to "rises" because it did in the newest gameplay videos, the replay videos look even better now too.

How about shadow placements?
I always disliked how the space where the wheels are is always lighten up,
including inside the rims of the wheels.

Thanks guys. Based on the 3 GB video, I believe it is a native 1080p. Antialiasing seems to be effective only in replays though.

I did not complain about compression artifacts, but the quality of engine rendering. Here you have uncrompressed PNG from original JPEG, enlarged to the same size, but with bicubic interpolation. It is still clear that the picture has reserves regarding quality. If you have large Full HD TV, you will definitely notice that.

BrandCentral_01_Top.png

edit: fixed image size

In overall, I'm pretty disappointed with GTS visuals. I would not believe in 2010 that I will say that, but I can't help myself: Forza 6 looks the same or maybe better in some terms. At least, GTS looks inconsistent at the moment and I'm skeptical it will get better on the same hardware (PS4K finally could make it look sweet?). Nonetheless, the way pCARS render bodyworks on PC is even one level further and no Sony magicians, even in Polyphony Digital, can beat that. Where are the days of GT5P?

lol have you seen the HD videos from the official site. It looks nothing like this pic.

I think it is a big jump from PS3. This is from reveal event from London and is not having updated track textures from E3 build:

Makes me feel kinda ashamed that i doubted the graphics from the first trailer.
That change in the video looks amazing!

I am sure they gonna improve there aa method but don't expect no jaggies because that's not gonna happen.I will take a few jaggies here and there if it means a more consistent framerate.

Back