The Graphics

• Thread starter citroengt1
  • 221 comments

Graphics quality, what do you think?

• Total voters
Guys I don't know why you're being so defensive, the AA is bad in that image whether you zoom in or not and it's also noticeable in a lot of other gameplay shots. Not as bad as that, but there are definitely AA issues in gameplay at the moment. Photomode and Scapes are fine, obviously. I'm sure it will get better before release and it's pointless comparing it to the final product of GT5P but yeah, no need to go all defensive.

Honestly I think the aliasing in actual gameplay isn't so bad. It's there, but much less noticeable at speed and with the quality motion blur implementation they've got.

It is pretty atrocious in the menus though. Seems like they'd have plenty of resources to spare for AA there... Maybe PD just doesn't believe in AA? :P

Honestly I think the AA in actual gameplay isn't so bad. It's there, but much less noticeable at speed and with the quality motion blur implementation they've got.

It is pretty atrocious in the menus though. Seems like they'd have plenty of resources to spare for AA there... Maybe PD just doesn't believe in AA? :P

No it's certainly not as bad as that in gameplay, I posted a few shots the other day, just a little bit visible here and there, such as along the panel gaps on the front of this McLaren

0ckZM9o.jpg

And jaggy edge on the Audi and BMW

fqU3awH.jpg

But as I said then, I'm sure they'll have improved it by release. As for the menus I'd guess it's what Griffith said, experimenting with a few options to get the best rendering. No way it'll look that bad by release.

You picked the worst image possible for GT5 Prologue, it wasn't that jaggy. Plus remember that it was almost 10 years ago, I don't see much progress.

Just like how the worst possible image was picked for GT Sport?

And GT5 Prologue was that jaggy. I didn't photoshop the aliasing in there myself :P

Guys I don't know why you're being so defensive, the AA is bad in that image whether you zoom in or not and it's also noticeable in a lot of other gameplay shots. Not as bad as that, but there are definitely AA issues in gameplay at the moment. Photomode and Scapes are fine, obviously. I'm sure it will get better before release and it's pointless comparing it to the final product of GT5P but yeah, no need to go all defensive.
C'mon now.
I don't think it was being defensive.
I think most would agree it's a horrible image.

Simply pointing out the fact that some look for the absolute worst image they can find and judge the game on that, when clearly it's a pre-build shot that in no way is inline with the vast majority of images or footage that has recently been shown.

Apparently they redid all the tracks as well, Interested to see now what tracks they'll choose. I'm guessing there will be one or two max new tracks with the rest returning.

Apparently they redid all the tracks as well, Interested to see now what tracks they'll choose. I'm guessing there will be one or two max new tracks with the rest returning.
Not the right thread, so apologies.
But I did ask before and it was lost very quickly in a swamp of posts. :lol:
And in light of your track query ...

Le Mans - this weekend - anyone know of a PD stall etc.?

Not the right thread, so apologies.
But I did ask before and it was lost very quickly in a swamp of posts. :lol:
And in light of your track query ...

Le Mans - this weekend - anyone know of a PD stall etc.?

Doubt it (hasn't Forza been sponsoring the last few races there?) but the track is likely to be in GTS hopefully.

Highly doubt PD will be at Le Mans given that they'll still be in LA on Friday clearing out. Unless they have two crews with all the promo stuff. They could easily unveil stuff related to it without actually being there though.

I say, from watching Gran Turismo Sport footage, it is like Gran Turismo 6 4K edition or HD Plus. It looks much better than Gran Turismo 6, but not radically better, like how Gran Turismo 4 to Gran Turismo 5 was.

I say, from watching Gran Turismo Sport footage, it is like Gran Turismo 6 4K edition or HD Plus. It looks much better than Gran Turismo 6, but not radically better, like how Gran Turismo 4 to Gran Turismo 5 was.
To be expected really. The closer and closer you get to photorealism the smaller and smaller the gains are going to be.

Back