The Great Project Cars Glitches, Bugs and Errors Thread

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 1,750 comments
I've got a problem with the virtual mirror where I have to toggle it on every time I enter the track. If I set it to Full (mirrors on) in the settings they won't show up at all and when I go back to the settings it's set to Full (mirrors off).

Only way to get them on is to map a button to toggle HUD and cycle through every time I get on track.

after watching a year's worth of PC beta testing videos and wishing I could get in on some of that action it seems like we console owners have finally got a beta version too! hahaha. I'm sure all this console feedback is invaluable though.

having said that, are there more bugs on the console versions ATM than PC due to all the public build tests and player feedback, or is the PC version also a bit buggy?

After spending a little time trying to tune a couple of cars I am pretty disappointed with the gearing adjustments. They want to jump in large intervals basically if you tried to move 3rd gear down it goes to where 2nd gear is or if you move it up it goes to where 4th gear is. Why no fine tuning options there. Would be nice to be able to tighten the gears up a bit on some cars, maybe even raise 1st gear but lower 6th and tweak all those in between.

I was just in the BMW road car which has no adjustable final drive and the gearing adjustments really don't help at all. Even if you drag the indicator with the mouse to where it is part way between where is was and the next highest or lowest gear it doesn't seem to have the ratio of where the pointer is but rather where the text shows which always seems to be the same as one of the gears where to start with so for 3rd gear it is either unchanged or the same as 2nd or the same as 4th.

Am I missing something somewhere or is this really the way it is meant to work?
Not happy with that part at all.

having said that, are there more bugs on the console versions ATM than PC due to all the public build tests and player feedback, or is the PC version also a bit buggy?
The first, though there are of course also bugs in the PC version.

Let me take a look at that later, if it's really awkward I'll report it on WMD.

After spending a little time trying to tune a couple of cars I am pretty disappointed with the gearing adjustments. They want to jump in large intervals basically if you tried to move 3rd gear down it goes to where 2nd gear is or if you move it up it goes to where 4th gear is. Why no fine tuning options there. Would be nice to be able to tighten the gears up a bit on some cars, maybe even raise 1st gear but lower 6th and tweak all those in between.

I was just in the BMW road car which has no adjustable final drive and the gearing adjustments really don't help at all. Even if you drag the indicator with the mouse to where it is part way between where is was and the next highest or lowest gear it doesn't seem to have the ratio of where the pointer is but rather where the text shows which always seems to be the same as one of the gears where to start with so for 3rd gear it is either unchanged or the same as 2nd or the same as 4th.

exactly what I was thinking. I don't get it at all. surely we can set the gearing up as we like it? seems very limited as it stands

I remember this was done to match the realistically available gear ratios for a given car. This was discussed some time ago at WMD and that's what the devs told us.

HUD/View bug I've found XB1 version
When switching to in car view the HUD mirror will disappear, it can be cycled back through however if this button isn't mapped you're stuck.
Also I've found that every time i shut off the xbox and restart the game My view gets set to bumper

PS4 .
Car: AstonMartinRacing V8 Vantage GT4 .
Problem: I can't change the FINAL DRIVE gear in setup .
Example: Took a GT3 car and had not this problem .
Thanks for your time to read this .
Greets

PS4 .
Car: AstonMartinRacing V8 Vantage GT4 .
Problem: I can't change the FINAL DRIVE gear in setup .
Example: Took a GT3 car and had not this problem .
Thanks for your time to read this .
Greets
Some cars have limited tuning options to reflect real life setups. Probably that's why it's not available.

[/QUOTE]
Strange one, never heard of that, so far. Did you try to reassign the upshift button and see if that helps?[/QUOTE]
yes tried switching buttons from square/circle to triangle/square and was still doing it :nervous:

@RacerPaul
I haven't saw the xbox version but in the PC version there are options for the graphics settings such as resolution and detail levels. This is where the changed was made that seemed to solve the issue for him
I tried my wheel for the first time in pCARS today, and the issue I mentioned before wasn't present

Some sort of wonky interaction between the X1 controller and game then

Thanks for getting back to me 👍

PC -
Have not had time to read through this entire thread.
Basically today is day 3 for me of casually playing the game.
Yesterday and today so far when restarting the game wheel settings are not saved when starting the game up.
Not very fun at all to have to choose the right wheel G27 w separate pedals in my case and the reassign the gas and brake as a minimum to even be able to start a race. I am guessing the game basically auto saves to your profile and there is not a master save.

Still loads of fun and many weeks/months to even start to be decent at the game.

I remember this was done to match the realistically available gear ratios for a given car. This was discussed some time ago at WMD and that's what the devs told us.
Doesn't make much sense as is. In the case of the bmw the final is not adjustable but all the gears are. The problem is that they can only be adjusted to one of the existing values so you could move 1st up where 2nd is at then 2nd to 3rd and so on up through 6th to get a higher top speed but if you want better accel there is no options at all you could move 2nd-6th down one notch but you end up with 2 first gears and 6th equal to what 5th used to be meaning it doesn't help at all.

Surely if we are to have adjustable gears then we should be able to tweak them in smaller increments. Same for final drive it jumps in large increments surely it can be more fine tuned than that.

It seems pretty sad that they add all of these FFB options that most people do not understand and detailed suspension tuning but drop the ball on gear ratio settings

Doesn't make much sense as is. In the case of the bmw the final is not adjustable but all the gears are. The problem is that they can only be adjusted to one of the existing values so you could move 1st up where 2nd is at then 2nd to 3rd and so on up through 6th to get a higher top speed but if you want better accel there is no options at all you could move 2nd-6th down one notch but you end up with 2 first gears and 6th equal to what 5th used to be meaning it doesn't help at all.

Surely if we are to have adjustable gears then we should be able to tweak them in smaller increments. Same for final drive it jumps in large increments surely it can be more fine tuned than that.

It seems pretty sad that they add all of these FFB options that most people do not understand and detailed suspension tuning but drop the ball on gear ratio settings
I'm just letting you know what I know. Probably the best place to voice your concern/idea is on the official forums.

Anyone else having problems with the handbrake not working on some cars?

I'd say at least 7 out of 10 cars I drive the handbrake does nothing.
there's a handbrake?! :D wow, never even considered using one. do you want to go drifting? can't see the need otherwise.

there's a handbrake?! :D wow, never even considered using one. do you want to go drifting? can't see the need otherwise.

Yeah :D I was trying a bit of drifting, semi successfully with weight transfer but handbrake would make my life easier.

The one problem I've got is every now and again when i shift up it will go into first and lock the wheels causing a spin and/or blow up the engine :banghead: any ideas ?

Ps: I'm on PS4 using the controller

Yes, the very same is with me, only on PC and a G27. Thought I was the only one, but evidently not...

Ps4
German GT3 championship
Round 3 practice session 2
Nurburgring GP
Whilst driving side by side with Ai through one of the corners I got randomly wrecked just by touching doors , lost all FFB through my T300 and had to disconnect from console then reconnect . Then it works fine .

PC
Ford Capri Group 5
Norschleife
Quick race

I was using the H-shifter of my G27. Everytime after pausing the game the gearbox of the car was suddenly in neutral. I had to disengage and then again engage the gear to solve this.

Last edited:
I have an annoying bug
PC
G27 - H shift
go karts (shifting ones)

sometimes im shifting and the gears are one off, so if im in 2nd its in 3rd, 3rd is 4th and so on, I have to go into first to get it back to normal or select the gear twice, also reverse is near impossible (which I need when face into the wall!)

PS4 T300
The wheel snaps back to the middle like it has centre spring enabled. I don't like it, is there a setting to disable it? At one point it was snapping to full lock like the ffb was reversed, any ideas?

Hi guys I know this bug has been mentioned before about the sound bug whilst in higher revs which is very off putting and sounds terrible enough to want me to turn my ps4 off, not sure if this has been mentioned but I was getting the sound bug in chase cam as this is the only cam I can use, I started to toggle through the cams and the sound was perfect in everyother cam except the one I use, so it only seems to be active in chase can for me, can others check this out also.

Please fix SMS/WMD 👍

Although I've only come across a few there does seem rather a lot of problems being reported , is this normal or are SMS going to be overwhelmed with the amount of work left to do to fix all these and how likely is it that these get addressed ? After all they already have our money .

Although I've only come across a few there does seem rather a lot of problems being reported , is this normal or are SMS going to be overwhelmed with the amount of work left to do to fix all these and how likely is it that these get addressed ? After all they already have our money .

Adding to this, can we expect many patches in the future a la GTA5? Or 1 big patch? Hopefully many patches as there is a lot to fix in what is a great game, and has the potential to be an all time classic!

^ Incremental patches is the plan, both for adding content (e.g. the free cars, like patch 1.2) and for fixing bugs and making improvements. There are no set schedule that we know about. SMS is quite clear, both in statements and actions, that it's not a fire and forget game - knowing what I do, I'm confident that pCARS will evolve :)

Back