• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 1,750 comments

Johnnypenso

Well known double poster
Premium
Canada
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Johnnypenso
Note: With the creation of the Official Project Cars Forum, you can now report directly to the SMS staff.

PC - List of known bugs
Forum for reporting bugs

PS4 - List of known bugs
Forum for Reporting bugs

XBone - List of known bugs
Forum for Reporting bugs

I suggest searching the first list to see if your bug is there and if you want to add to it, just click the link and it'll take you directly to that specific issue. If you don't find it in the first list, scan through a couple pages of the second link to see if your issue is there. If not, feel free to create a thread, but you have to register with the forum first of course.

Original Post:

As you are by now well aware, Project Cars is a crowd funded and developed racing sim for XBone, PS4, PC and eventually the Wii platform. Report any bugs, glitches and errors you see in videos or through gameplay here and one of the SMS Team Members will either address your issue or report it to the development team and hopefully it ends up on the "to do" list. Do try to be as precise as possible. If you see something in a specific video be sure and note the times to watch on the video or take a screenshot if it's something that happens only momentarily.

Note: This is not a general complaint thread. If you don't like the game, if you think other games are better, if you wouldn't cross the street to pick up a free copy of Project Cars from Sofia Vergara's cleavage that's fine, just don't complain about it here. If you feel you have the need to vent about something (but not Sofia Vergara's cleavage:sly:) the Great Project Cars Whinging and Crying Thread is the place for that. This thread is for very specific game issues only. We have a very unique opportunity here to have direct contact with the development team through a rabid army of Project Cars Team Members who are heavily invested in the success of this game. Let's all do our best to help them achieve the success this game deserves:cheers:

Last edited:
Two questions:

1) Will anyone from SMS actually be interested in this?
and
2) Will SMS actually address any issues raised here?

From past experience with GT6 and similar threads there (e.g Ask Kaz) it was a total waste of time and effort. I personally would like to believe that SMS would actually be interested in feedback and appreciate help with identifying issues with their game. Unlike the previously mentioned who released a half finished game with ongoing bugs that is still incomplete nearly 18 months after release!

Two questions:

1) Will anyone from SMS actually be interested in this?
and
2) Will SMS actually address any issues raised here?

From past experience with GT6 and similar threads there (e.g Ask Kaz) it was a total waste of time and effort. I personally would like to believe that SMS would actually be interested in feedback and appreciate help with identifying issues with their game. Unlike the previously mentioned who released a half finished game with ongoing bugs that is still incomplete nearly 18 months after release!
With hundreds of people looking at the game intensely for 4 years I can't imagine there will be many things that haven't been addressed already. Not to say that game will be perfect, but that anything that is in the game that is questionable for whatever reason, has already been raised as an issue and either it can't be dealt with at the moment or it's just not a top priority or maybe they've taken a few swings at it and come up with their best solution and it's going to stand the way it is, flaws and all.

As we all know however, when you put hundreds of thousands of people into playing a game things will inevitably pop up and so this is the place for that. Whether they get specifically addressed or not we'll have to wait and see. I do know that to this point the various members of the WMD that have spent time in here have been exceptional in communicating what is happening with the game to the best of their ability and within the limitations provided by the NDA. Even before this release, SMS and WMD have set a new standard for dev/gamer interaction that will be tough to beat. I expect that'll continue.

From past experience with GT6 and similar threads there (e.g Ask Kaz) it was a total waste of time and effort.
I understand that people feel like this after how they have been treated by PD. But thankfully, SMS is not PD. ;)

If we rewind the clock a bit to around 2011 (Shift 2), you'll find out that Ian Bell himself was responding on these very forums with regards to the concerns players here were voicing. And they started WMD around that time, which is a complete platform built around community feedback. Project CARS is where it is today because of that interaction, and this is acknowledged by SMS. :cheers: And then there's the feedback session(s) with Andy Tudor and others (check the throwingdigitalsheep blog thread among others). And then there's the several WMD members around here, who are very vocal on WMD about issues that pop up.

So I think SMS's track record with regards to interacting with the community is 'slightly' different from PD's. ;)

In short: this thread is a great idea and (as others have already stated) we'll be sure to pass on the info and/or bring it to SMS's attention. 👍

So far it sounds positive and very promising then :-)

Here's hoping (crossing fingers.... toes..... arms.........legs...... testicles.... ouch).

I do truly hope it is a success as I just want to be done with PD.

I'm starting to think that it was an error or "missed opportunity" in that WMD did not require all Pcars Development Members to state their membership level within every public post that was made by that individual on the internet. For me that would have made it easier to assess the validity of the content..........;)

It's not an error or missed opportunity. We're not SMS employees or official community managers. And we certainly don't share an identical opinion on many subjects. And there are hugely varying levels of participation and knowledge level. So I don't see how that would work or add more clarity to the current situation.

in the past i've seen grammatical errors and questionable wording within the texts of the game, from pit engineer subtitles to tuning descriptions and being the anal kind of guy i am (hur hur) i'll probably scrutinise all that stuff and let you know what i find, which is hopefully nothing now.

Looking at the replay above, you can also notice the other cars' lights appearing in front of the driver's car's interior (happens a few times between c. 10:45 to 12:00).

I downloaded this video from Gamersyde. From about 4:15 onward, after full night has set in, the driver's HUD looks like this:

upload_2015-4-27_15-58-13.png

Before this happens you can see it fading in and out here and there but basically most of the last lap it's washed out completely.

I Don't think its a bug or glitch. It seems to be an effect of design choice where it is the reflection of the lights' of the cars behind him.

I'm not sure if this is a known issue, though.

It is known and it happens due to the length of the track (its connected to the coordinates of the polygones that make them flicker... but dont ask me further into this :P). Same happens on the P2P tracks California and Azure Coast.
Before this happens you can see it fading in and out here and there but basically most of the last lap it's washed out completely.
This happens because the car you're into doesnt cast shadow so the whole CPIT is lit up from the car behind which also makes the MoTec unreadable ;) This is known and looked at :)

I Don't think its a bug or glitch. It seems to be an effect of design choice where it is the reflection of the lights' of the cars behind him.
Right, I think so too, but the effect is overdone in my opinion. Most of the time there should be parts of the car in the way of the light beams.

This happens because the car you're into doesnt cast shadow so the whole CPIT is lit up from the car behind which also makes the MoTec unreadable ;) This is known and looked at. :)
That's good - I was thinking that still can't be right as the driver at least would cast a shadow over the HUD so you still should be able to read it.

It is something that has been brought up so many times on the forums, and the programmers did develop something that would fix it, but they wanted to bug test it, make sure it didn't cause any flickering or frame rate issues, and then it will be released. I'm not going to say it will be released in patch number x, but it rest assured the devs are aware and it should be sorted SMSoon.

After watching a VVV video, notice that the R18 don´t show the gear you are on, allways displays neutral...
Don´t know is this is just a replay issue or if it also happens when driving...
upload_2015-4-30_14-38-12.png

It's being raised on another thread so I thought I'd post it here. I downloaded a VVV video from Gamersyde to my hard drive, PS4 version, played back on WMP, and there is substantial ghosting of images, both cars and trackside. This is a sample:

From Gamersyde, direct download to my hard drive, 1080/60fps, Windows Media Player:

View attachment 357044

I don't know if it's a replay only issue, or a gameplay issue, but it's quite obvious throughout the video, in real time and on pause. It's also noticable on YT videos. Thoughts?

Devs know about it, and they said it's due to TXAA AA method. Since they are fully aware and haven't changed it, it must look good on TV during gameplay. That's my guess.

I asked about the ghosting on another forum yesterday...just checked..here's a response:

upload_2015-4-30_12-36-35.png

He's right that it doesn't look that bad in motion, but it is distracting. If the devs are aware of it, it doesn't seem like it's even an issue to them at this point.

Has anyone tried changing the date on their xbox one after disconnecting from the internet to access the game early? I know it is a bit cheeky but I can't wait, goddam Xbox is teasing me saying it is installed and ready to go.

Has anyone tried changing the date on their xbox one after disconnecting from the internet to access the game early? I know it is a bit cheeky but I can't wait, goddam Xbox is teasing me saying it is installed and ready to go.
Try it and report back!

Unfortunately no, that doesn't work, lol. It's been tried by me. Date was changed on my Xbox to May 13 and it's was still a no go.:banghead:

Back