The Group C Club!

• Thread starter superfast
  • 298 comments
0180-1.jpg

0193.jpg

0207.jpg

A few I saw recently (and my application to join :) )

More photos here

Here's my application to join...

The new Peugeot 908 V12 wich will be driven by Jacques Villeneuve in the 24 hour of Le MANS

peugeot.jpg

[pedantic mode]That is an LM-GTP, not a Group C[/pedantic mode]
Though, in my opinion, the 905 Evo 2 is worlds better looking.

[pedantic mode]That is an LM-GTP, not a Group C[/pedantic mode]

That is an LMP1, not an LM-GTP. ;)

[Edit]

Oh, and just to clarify; that is not the Peugeot 908 V12 that Jacques Villenueve* will be piloting at Le Mans. The car pictured is what Peugeot revealed in Paris. The car that is currently testing (and will be racing) looks very different.

*Along with Nicolas Minassian, Sébastien Bourdais, Stephane Sarrazine, Pedro Lamy, and Marc Gene - can't forget the rest of the cast!

That is an LMP1, not an LM-GTP. ;)

[Edit]

Oh, and just to clarify; that is not the Peugeot 908 V12 that Jacques Villenueve* will be piloting at Le Mans. The car pictured is what Peugeot revealed in Paris. The car that is currently testing (and will be racing) looks very different.

*Along with Nicolas Minassian, Sébastien Bourdais, Stephane Sarrazine, Pedro Lamy, and Marc Gene - can't forget the rest of the cast!

lol... oops !
Ok... Here's the PORSCHE 962 KREMER CK6 Driven by Don Grice (GBR)

Porsche962KremerCK6.jpg

And here's a 10 minutes "on track" video of the one that Jacques Villeneuve will be REALLY DRIVING! lol... *shame on me* for that mistake.

http://www.eurosport.fr/auto/mc_vid32301.shtml

Is this good for me to get in ?

Maybe its just me, or that it's black, but the 908 HDi's nose and windshield looks like a raven's head. :)

raven-1.jpg

I haven't seen anyone do this so far, but here some footage Group C cars in a Formation Lap from Le Mans.

I have just found out that Erwin Kremer passed away. I'm not sure when or how, but I have just read it. pretty sad.

hi Group C Racers !
I just bought the 4 black rides and out of sheer joy I'm falling in love with the R92C and the 787B :-)
May I join the club ?

1986 was the year that Tom Walkinshaw Racing, with Silk Cut sponsorship and factory backing, took everything that Fabcar and Bob Tullius's infamous Group 44 had learned in their Jaguar GTP program and began assaulting Porsche's dominance. In 1987, they won Le Mans, and they did it again in 1988.

Jaguar didn't win Le Mans in 1987. They won the World Championship, but lost out to a lone (for the most part) factory 962 at Le Mans.

I love Group C cars, i wish they were still around and if it weren't for the FIA, the World Sportscar Championship would probably be still running.

Too bad by 1989 the 962s were outdated and Porsche had withdrawn their factory efforts. Still, Mercedes would've flogged them judging by Sauber's dominance of the 1989 season.

Also, they might have broadcast on Aussie TV the WSPC (World Sports Prototype Championship, it was just a name for the World Sportscar Championship used at that time) round in 1988 at Sandown dubbed "Sandowne 500".

Here is a site about the defunct series

http://www.wspr-racing.com/wspr/results/wscc/nf_ms_home.html

Hi Group C experts - I was reading through this thread and as I noticed the great knowledge from people posting here, there an old question that comes to my mind :) :

I heard something about an engine part that from the late '80s,
that is fitted on the Minolta and maybe on the Sauber C9 ( yet I don't have tested the latter ) ...

I was told that it might be responsible for these cars' thrilling accel. rate :dopey: , and that it was forbidden in the early '90s for some reason ( maybe something about pollution ? )

the T88C-V and the C9 being among the fastest cars tested here in GTP, I was wandering if anyone here knows about this, and if it is possible to trace this component in other cars in order to test it more extensively .. ( maybe the covered-wheels Nissan R89 from the same year ? )

gz
I heard something about an engine part that from the late '80s,
that is fitted on the Minolta and maybe on the Sauber C9 ( yet I don't have tested the latter ) ...

I was told that it might be responsible for these cars' thrilling accel. rate :dopey: , and that it was forbidden in the early '90s for some reason ( maybe something about pollution ? )

erm....would that be turbochargers?

although they were around even before the late 80s

erm....would that be turbochargers?

although they were around even before the late 80s

I admit I really don't remember exaclty, but it seems to me it was something more precise than generic turbo or else ... but then again, I'm really no racing car expert :)

gz
I admit I really don't remember exaclty, but it seems to me it was something more precise than generic turbo or else ... but then again, I'm really no racing car expert :)

Yeah, its probably something more than a turbo but thats the only thing i could think of that fitted your description. I've watched a few Group C races and they usually talked about getting the best fuel consumption or keeping within the allowable fuel limit.

I want to be #40!:dopey:

Its a pitty that I did not find this thread earlier, I am one of the biggest fans of the late Group-C cars. Unfortunately I was born too late for the greatest race cars ever created, but I have lots of DVD's, in-car videos, books, and pictures about the legendary cars.

My favs are the (factory) Nissan NPT-90-14 and of course the Porsche 962's equipped with the 3.2 litre sprint version and the unique front nose wing. What a sound!:drool:

I love Group C! OMG, I have a absolute love for these monsters! Too bad I was too young to watch them. I do have a movie called, "Jaguar, roar of victory". It basically talks about the Silk Cut XJR-8's three year battle with Porsche that concluded in the LeMans victory in '88.

My favorite cars are the 787B, R92CP, 956,and the Minolta 88-CV

Can I join?

Sign me up for this
Group C cars + the Toyota GT ONE & the Bentley R8 are all that i drive
and then mostly at the nurburgring.
Frankly i don,t like the open racers

just hope these haven,t been posted before
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~ip3t-nksn/Pages/B-grc/C-Machine_TOYOTA.htm
the toyota group c racers
http://blog.so-net.ne.jp/_images/blog/_094/td06-25g/5706703.jpg
nice clear shot of a r92cp
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/1403/groupc.htm
article on group C
http://www.forocoches.com/foro/showthread.php?t=383311
click this link only if your isp is fast and foremost only click this link if you want to see
every picture of the Sauber C9 ever made.........

Heres one for you lot. If anyone guesses what the attached car is, they can buy themselves a chocolate bar.

I got a brilliant opportunity to work on this car and I quickly fell in love with it. It is, imho, the best sounding car ever.

Attachments

• AMR1 beauty shot.jpg
    AMR1 beauty shot.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 24

Latest Posts

Back