The "GT Café" predictions

Brazil
Brazil
wagnerFAM98
Edit: GT Café features have been revealed.

Car Collection

The first step in truly connecting with car culture is to learn and remember the shapes and names of the cars. This is where love and passion in cars begin – FF, FR, 911, 356, transmission… interest in typical terms like these appearing in car culture only comes from first knowing and recognizing the shapes and names of the cars. Because of this, GT7 is clearly designed as a “Car Collecting Game”, even more so than the GT series of the past.

The main feature of the GT Café* in the game is to navigate the player’s adventures in the world of GT, presenting a specific collection of cars that have a cultural meaning from the past, present, and future. Players will progress and complete missions in the GT Café by acquiring prize cars from various races within the world, as well as from the Brand Central and the Used Car Dealership.

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty clear that it was just a new name for the community tab. That would explain the notifications beside it.

Last edited:
gran-turismo-7-ps5-screenshots-4k-26.jpg

Maybe it's just a place to view content.

I thought it was pretty clear that it was just a new name for the community tab. That would explain the notifications beside it.

I also thought of this because of the red circle notification. But at least for me, it still isn't clear.

Coffee breaks are very unlikely because they're a minor feature from license tests. It makes no sense for it to appear on a major menu like this.
In fact, I do feel coffee breaks are returning, but they will probably be inside the Driving School, not on a exclusive main menu section.

Wouldn't that just be the discover tab, which is already included in there?
Discover is liveries and such. I can go to "My Library" to view music, videos, etc too. There's also the GT Live icon. I can click on Activity Feed and it send me to those places as well.

GT Cafe could be for whatever content. I don't know.

GT Cafe is a place for people to sit and talk big about all the cars that they own and what a great driver they are. Gran Turismo wants to simulate real car enthusiast culture, and that's a part of it that has until now had to be taken up by external websites like GTP. Now, you too can lie in-game about the cars you own/have driven, and your sporting credentials.

Optional DLC: Can of beans.

Last edited:
I dont think PD knows. They just put that stuff there as fan service.

At the last minute when they need to ship, say Xmas 2022, they'll cobble some bullcrap that is just lip service.

I would love a true 'cars and coffee' type meet event but really, its whatever they want it to be, but it'll be weak.

Also Sarah can eat Famine's a$$...

Whatever it is it was something planned during the GT6 days as it's mentioned in 1.22.

GT Sport 1.57

InvitationType
OpenLounge
PrivateLounge
OPEN_MATCH
QUICK_MATCH
PRIVATE_LOUNGE
SPORTS_MODE
RACE_EVENT
SIMPLE_QUICK_MATCH
CLUB_LOBBY
CLUB_EVENT
ENJOY_RACE
SERIOUS_RACE
LEISURELY_DRIVE
RECRUIT
SHOWING_OFF
SHARING_INFORMATION
CAFE
ROOM_POLICY_CAFE
MODELATE

Last edited:
Whatever it is it was something planned during the GT6 days as it's mentioned in 1.22.

GT Sport 1.57

InvitationType
OpenLounge
PrivateLounge
OPEN_MATCH
QUICK_MATCH
PRIVATE_LOUNGE
SPORTS_MODE
RACE_EVENT
SIMPLE_QUICK_MATCH
CLUB_LOBBY
CLUB_EVENT
ENJOY_RACE
SERIOUS_RACE
LEISURELY_DRIVE
RECRUIT
SHOWING_OFF
SHARING_INFORMATION
CAFE
ROOM_POLICY_CAFE
MODELATE
I suspect some of these might be actually from Room Type choices during lobby creation:
20210614_165755.jpg

ENJOY_RACE -> Race for Fun
SERIOUS_RACE -> Race for Real
LEISURELY_DRIVE -> Cruising
RECRUIT - > Make Friends
SHOWING_OFF -> Show Off Your Cars
SHARING_INFORMATION -> Share Tips and Info
CAFE -> Cafe

(Also note the MODELATE typo, it should be MODERATE; classic Japanese L/R issue)

GT Sport 1.57

InvitationType
OpenLounge
PrivateLounge
OPEN_MATCH
QUICK_MATCH
PRIVATE_LOUNGE
SPORTS_MODE
RACE_EVENT
SIMPLE_QUICK_MATCH
CLUB_LOBBY
CLUB_EVENT
ENJOY_RACE
SERIOUS_RACE
LEISURELY_DRIVE
RECRUIT
SHOWING_OFF
SHARING_INFORMATION
CAFE
ROOM_POLICY_CAFE
MODELATE
I love some of these titles. "Leisurely Drive" is my favourite:lol:

Hmmm is a mockup maybe it's not going to be there for final release. Or it's going to be replaced with something else.

My best guess is that it'll take the place of the private lobby function from previous games, and perhaps the reason why there's a red bubble with a "2" in it is because it could stand for invites to a lobby or something.

But if it really is a place to show off your cars, I'm hoping we get some interesting customization, both internally and externally, and I think what we saw in GT6 bodes well. I don't just want to have purely mechanical changes, but I want to have a car that also genuinely looks like it's worthy of being shown off at SEMA. I want flat floors, aero kits - both real and fictional - as well as various rear wings and wheels, and so on. I'm sure the new BBS partnership will at least get us more wheel designs, maybe even within Sport, though I don't think that'll be until we also get the new GR86 at the earliest.

Overall, I want to modify more than my cars' stats, but also give my cars an appearance that reflects those internal modifications. Plus, that would also incentivize having more than one of the same model, as you could potentially modify a given model in multiple ways, or at least leave one stock while you modify a spare.

Last edited:
My best guess is that it'll take the place of the private lobby function from previous games, and perhaps the reason why there's a red bubble with a "2" in it is because it could stand for invites to a lobby or something.

But if it really is a place to show off your cars, I'm hoping we get some interesting customization, both internally and externally, and I think what we saw in GT6 bodes well. I don't just want to have purely mechanical changes, but I want to have a car that also genuinely looks like it's worthy of being shown off at SEMA. I want flat floors, aero kits - both real and fictional - as well as various rear wings and wheels, and so on. I'm sure the new BBS partnership will at least get us more wheel designs, maybe even within Sport, though I don't think that'll be until we also get the new GR86 at the earliest.

Overall, I want to modify more than my cars' stats, but also give my cars an appearance that reflects those internal modifications. Plus, that would also incentivize having more than one of the same model, as you could potentially modify a given model in multiple ways, or at least leave one stock while you modify a spare.
I want racing modifications from GT1/GT2 to return, and use the fictional race cars like the Gr. ones as the racing modifications of the base car. It can act as pure bodykit modification with livery editor now.
gt2-race-cars.jpg

Other than that I want to see car modifications visually affect the car not only the outside like weight reduction would remove the seat inside.

Maybe a GT-based board or card game?

Just something different tucked away for those who want it, but not forced on those who don't.

All I know is that navigating that menu is going to suck

If you don't believe me play GT4 for two hours
My biggest issue with GT4's menu was the load time, I could see it still being pretty annoying in GT7 on the PS4 (Its still an issue on GT Sport).

...But if the PS5 menus end up having 'no load times' like they claim thanks to the SSD, I bet it'll be pretty decent.

My biggest issue with GT4's menu was the load time, I could see it still being pretty annoying in GT7 on the PS4 (Its still an issue on GT Sport).

...But if the PS5 menus end up having 'no load times' like they claim thanks to the SSD, I bet it'll be pretty decent.
Its still a slow menu even without the loading, theres so many hops between where you're going and where you need to get to that it's just inefficient and unintuitive

Laying it out like a city is nice and pretty but ultimately its there to get from one feature to another, it should be as easy and seamless as possible and I think GT Sport is the best in this regard

Yup, the map menu hopefully won't make the final game. It's visual eye candy, nothing more. There is no logic to the placement of any icons so no easy way to easily remember where anything is, it's just randomly slapped around a fictional city. And with PDs insistence on a mouse pointer without a mouse it's a lottery as to which icon you land on when moving the stick.

Last edited:
Car Collection

The first step in truly connecting with car culture is to learn and remember the shapes and names of the cars. This is where love and passion in cars begin – FF, FR, 911, 356, transmission… interest in typical terms like these appearing in car culture only comes from first knowing and recognizing the shapes and names of the cars. Because of this, GT7 is clearly designed as a “Car Collecting Game”, even more so than the GT series of the past.

The main feature of the GT Café* in the game is to navigate the player’s adventures in the world of GT, presenting a specific collection of cars that have a cultural meaning from the past, present, and future. Players will progress and complete missions in the GT Café by acquiring prize cars from various races within the world, as well as from the Brand Central and the Used Car Dealership.
So there you go.

Back