The GT Sport Closed Beta Arrives in Asia

How long it takes from registration to beta approval? Already registered yesterday and I'm feeling so impatient :ill::rolleyes:
Even tried registering with US PSN account since the first beta phase but no avail

How long it takes from registration to beta approval? Already registered yesterday and I'm feeling so impatient :ill::rolleyes:
Even tried registering with US PSN account since the first beta phase but no avail
Personally I wouldn't expect to see anything until it is announced the Asian beta phase has begun.
Or more to the point, a start date is announced, and we reach that start date.

It also seems reasonable that we may see another beta update around the time it does begin, as per the EU inclusion.

Personally I wouldn't expect to see anything until it is announced the Asian beta phase has begun.
Or more to the point, a start date is announced, and we reach that start date.

It also seems reasonable that we may see another beta update around the time it does begin, as per the EU inclusion.

I see then, so it will come when it comes

To anyone who gets the entrance, please share the game size and version if possible.

I will! Hopefully, I got selected for the beta submission!

I see then, so it will come when it comes
I poked my nose into a few of the Asian territories application forms. :P

The only thing I could find, and remembering that this is translated, was on the Japanese form which says:
"The application period is scheduled from May 19 (Friday) until early June."

I guess many things could be read into that, but I'm thinking at least a week before we see the next phase start.

I poked my nose into a few of the Asian territories application forms. :P

The only thing I could find, and remembering that this is translated, was on the Japanese form which says:
"The application period is scheduled from May 19 (Friday) until early June."

I guess many things could be read into that, but I'm thinking at least a week before we see the next phase start.

You're absolutely right:

IMG_5185.JPG

Just read on this thread that the application period ends on 'early June'. This could very well be a dumb question, but does that mean applications received after said period will not be entertained? Has anybody tried doing so? I have been procrastinating with the application, as I wanted to create a new PSN account ID for the game but didn't have time for that. :(

Edit: Another question: can one play GT Sport Closed Beta (or race online) without buying 'PS Plus'?

Last edited:
As I mentioned (guessed) earlier, PD seem to be following a similar path for the Asia beta as they did with EU.

I note some of the Asian sites for gran-turismo.com have a new announcement posted.
This English version from the Singapore site yesterday.

"The “Gran Turismo Sport” Closed Beta Test currently being hosted in North America and EU regions will be expanded to the Asia regions on Saturday 3 June.

Also we are planning to start the [Daily Races] on the same date. The purpose of this test is to identify server load and game performance issues by holding large-scale network races.

Please look for the latest news on gran-turismo.com"
http://www.gran-turismo.com/sg/news/00_5471598.html

The EU road went like this.
A call for beta applicants.
1.04 released three days before it started.
Start date announced, invites sent out, players could download the game but not able to race.
The beta started.

It's the same again for 1.06 and Asia.
The difference here though is they blended the announcement of the EU beta with news of 1.04, so we knew of the 3 new tracks incoming.
On this occasion we don't know if 1.06 includes new content.

Considering the size of the patch it seems reasonable to assume there is.
But time will tell.

I'm going to guess, in light of reports of Gr.1 cars being playable at N24, that we might get all car classes available this time.
I'm undecided about Gr.B and dirt events though, as all we've seen so far is 2 cars racing, which perhaps doesn't fit the narrative of the beta tests.
Saying that, considering current beta Testers don't have access to new content it could possibly mean an new update(1.07) before that happens, and it took more than 2 weeks between 1.04 and 1.05.

Last edited:
I strongly think the GT6 play history is needed to be accepted into the beta. I got the invite but my friend did not, when I told him if he had ever played GT6, he was then sad.

No wonder that I didn't get the invitation yet, I've played GT5 and GT6 on a CFW PS3 since I'm used to be a cheapskate -- both of them stays offline (pardon me mods if this breached AUP, just telling my past experience till I got decent income where I bought the PS4, PS+ subs and its games legally, will delete this post if I got warned)

Or maybe I should wait a little more...

Back