The GT Sport Livery Editor Competion 46 (The Legend of Samba) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 140 comments

VW, in a strange and desperate attempt to try and get some good press decide to enter the Super GT championship. They figure that their best bet is the Samba Bus due to its incredible aerodynamics and devastating horsepower! As you can see the results where staggering. In every race the Samba Bus entered and finished, it finished last, despite being driven by two Super GT champions and a former F1 drivers champion.

After this campaign all documentation and records of VW’s entry into the 2019 Super GT championship and it’s results where destroyed. This is the only remaining record.

EDIT!!! I’ve managed to find footage from the race at Fuji, only the opening lap but it give you a good idea of the massive levels of performance this thing could put out!

Last edited:
VW, in a strange and desperate attempt to try and get some good press decide to enter the Super GT championship. They figure that their best bet is the Samba Bus due to its incredible aerodynamics and devastating horsepower! As you can see the results where staggering. In every race the Samba Bus entered and finished, it finished last, despite being driven by two Super GT champions and a former F1 drivers champion.

After this campaign all documentation and records of VW’s entry into the 2019 Super GT championship and it’s results where destroyed. This is the only remaining record.
This is incredible mate

It's pretty clear you didn't want to, but you made it, thanks for that! :D

Alright my dear ladies and gentlemen, you are all together out of this world.

Wow!

The air is thin up here now.

The Support Bus? Taken.
The Company Bus? Taken.
The Aged Bus? Taken.
The Racecar Bus? Taken.
The Beer Bus? Taken.
The Anime/Manga Bus? Taken!

You guys rock! And I'm out of "new" ideas :banghead:

Alright my dear ladies and gentlemen, you are all together out of this world.

Wow!

The air is thin up here now.

The Support Bus? Taken
The Company Bus? Taken
The Racecar Bus? Taken
The Beer Bus? Taken
The Anime/Manga Bus? Taken!

You guys rock! And I'm out of "new" ideas :banghead:

The "Ring Taxi Bus" is still vacant. :cheers:

The spoiler pics :D
Bravo

The 60’s called, they want the bus back.
This thing has been sat for so long it’s... well it’s just turned into rust. This poor bus hasn’t been loved since the 70’s and I’m surprised it’s not ready to be swept off the floor!

also, I have a glitch in game where no matter what wheels I choose, this is what comes up... I can’t resolve the issue at all.

p.s I spent 4 hours straight doing this, then I accidentally hit DONT save :eek::nervous:. The first version was marginally better. But I’m still somewhat happy with the result.
The freshly pimped one is still vacant too, as the flower power one...
There's still some good things to do!
Technically flower power is now taken :lol:

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

4765456023014081044_0.jpg
4764893074807587348_0.jpg

4755881477842928156_0.jpg
4620777893510776340_0.jpg

The Safaribulli

This example is still in use in South Africa to give tourists the opportunity to go on a safari tour. Unfortunately they had no possibility to clean it, before the pictures for this competition were taken. So I have to apologize for 209 layers of dust and scratches.

I fear I was too detailed, as the pictures do not show all the details, like the scratches near the door handles, hand prints on the dusty paint and the slightly peeling of the decals.

Last edited:
The Safaribulli

This example is still in use in South Africa to give tourists the opportunity to go on a safari tour. Unfortunately they had no possibility to clean it, before the pictures for this competition were taken. So I have to apologize for 209 layers of dust and scratches.

I fear I was too detailed, as the pictures do not show all the details, like the scratches near the door handles, hand prints on the dusty paint and the slightly peeling of the decals.

Nice. Have enjoyed seeing everyone else's different takes on the samba bus.

Updated entry. I’ve lightened the fading and tried to edit the colours to a more faded look. Fixed some messy rust patches that look rubbish. I’m at decal limit for all categories, even mirrors :lol:

for anyone interested, this is how vibrant it is without the rust... I’ll also be adding a none rust version too.

Last edited:
Updated entry. I’ve lightened the fading and tried to edit the colours to a more faded look. Fixed some messy rust patches that look rubbish. I’m at decal limit for all categories, even mirrors :lol:

for anyone interested, this is how vibrant it is without the rust... I’ll also be adding a none rust version too.
Please share both of them, I'd really like to add them to my collection!

NB: but your without rust seems to have some doesn't it?

Please share both of them, I'd really like to add them to my collection!

NB: but your without rust seems to have some doesn't it?
The 2 spoiler images are to show the difference. I’ll upload the none rusted version tonight or tomorrow

The 2 spoiler images are to show the difference. I’ll upload the none rusted version tonight or tomorrow
OK sorry, the best (rustiest :D ) one is the one you couldn't save!

Thanks for being part of it, you guys made crazy things!

FINAL ENTRY

Download Livery

I wanted to make the opposite of a flower-power-bus, so I made the sambabus from HELL. Hope you like it. I must say, I had the most fun making a livery with this. Such an awesome canvas. And I see everybody else is enjoying the challenge too. MEGA entries so far!

Back