The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 02 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 212 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL ENTRY

giphy.gif

Just for clarification purposes, The only custom decals besides the GTPlanet logos are the Chevrolet name and bowtie outline which I filled in with blank shapes from the game.

Last edited:
Awesome liveries guys! I'm considering giving this a try, though my fantasy in creating something from scratch is quite lacking xD

This is great..... I have two fine contenders in my garage and it's just so hard to pick which one I would like to enter. :lol: :nervous:

I'll choose soon enough.... after some minor editing throughout this week.

FINAL ENTRY

GTPlanet Gr2. GT-R

giphy.gif

Main Image...

More images...

This is currently not shared, but will be soon, check my sig for all my liveries.

It's a pretty simple interpretation of the GTP colours... then I got bored ... so there's a couple of GTPisms too... they made me laugh... newer members might not get them ;) :D

Jordon! I can me admin

It's a 2.2 ;)

Last edited:
Awesome liveries guys! I'm considering giving this a try, though my fantasy in creating something from scratch is quite lacking xD
Oh you’ll do fine, I’m sure! :D

Alright then, I've given it a try...

EDITED - NOT FINAL ENTRY

giphy.gif

Tried making a Gr.1 race car for our team, since most of the works are Gr.2, 3 and 4...we need to dominate every class :P livery is quite simple, and not much filled with sponsors or stuff, as I didn't want to overwork the design of the Alpine VGT, which may be crap when driven but the looks, oh my... <3

Because of the sleek design most of the livery work is on top, so I've included a top-down shot. There actually are some thin blue/red lines going along the rear part of the car...maybe I should've made them bigger?

Anyways, hope you guys like it! It was fun doing it, anyways :)

Last edited:
Alright then, I've given it a try...

FINAL ENTRY

giphy.gif

Tried making a Gr.1 race car for our team, since most of the works are Gr.2, 3 and 4...we need to dominate every class :P livery is quite simple, and not much filled with sponsors or stuff, as I didn't want to overwork the design of the Alpine VGT, which may be crap when driven but the looks, oh my... <3

Because of the sleek design most of the livery work is on top, so I've included a top-down shot. There actually are some thin blue/red lines going along the rear part of the car...maybe I should've made them bigger?

Anyways, hope you guys like it! It was fun doing it, anyways :)
That's a clean one, I love it! The rear end looks like a zipper to me, so I might make a zipper design for this one in the future. :lol: Anyways back to topic, it looks great man. I should try to get working on one myself, but I'm not so good with coming up with ideas that work, but we'll see. Still 8 days left.

Oh, that is nice @Raphaele :) Is that 11 in the "game font"? I just have to ask :)
Also I don't know if you're aware but the 11 on the wing fins is bleeding onto the wing itself, just thought I'd let you know :D

Oh, that is nice @Raphaele :) Is that 11 in the "game font"? I just have to ask :)
Also I don't know if you're aware but the 11 on the wing fins is bleeding onto the wing itself, just thought I'd let you know :D

Thanks a lot for your friendly note @syntex123,
I totally ignored the rules while being in sort of a flow. I am going to change my entry a.s.a.p. and will use eligible decals only.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: The livery must be made using only the shapes and decals that came with the game. No user-made decals except for the GTPlanet logo and text, and if you wish, the car manufacturer logo. Failing to comply to these rules results in an immediate disqualification.
What is the sense of this rules?

Very nice bu
Uhhh.. Yeah no I don't know. I tried. It turned out looking like a turd. :dunce: Might try on a different car, but in case I don't feel any more "artsy" I'll just leave this as my final.. :P Might give you a giggle, at least :dopey: Also, there's a reference to one of my favorite liveries in there.. :gtpflag:

FINAL ENTRY

giphy.gif

Custom decals used: GTPlanet text, GTPlanet logo, Nissan text, GT-R logo, Nismo logo.
All three colors were accurately matched to the top "banner" colors here on GTPlanet.
Very nice but look like a livery for a Nissan themed livery instead of a gtplanet ones

What is the sense of this rules?
What do you mean? It’s there black on white. You can only use the decals that came with the game. Ergo no user-made decals. But obviously you need GTP decals to fulfill the requirements of the theme.

Very nice but look like a livery for a Nissan themed livery instead of a gtplanet ones
Only inspired by, hehe. But like I said it turned out looking like crap as a GTP livery and most likely will be replaced when I got time to really sit down to figure something out. Might try again tonight, if I could only figure out which car..

What do you mean? It’s there black on white. You can only use the decals that came with the game. Ergo no user-made decals. But obviously you need GTP decals to fulfill the requirements of the theme.

Only inspired by, hehe. But like I said it turned out looking like crap as a GTP livery and most likely will be replaced when I got time to really sit down to figure something out. Might try again tonight, if I could only figure out which car..
I don't understand why we can't use personal decals, is a competition, I think is a limit for creativity and for skill. Also because with Inkscape is possible to do anythink, btw I will try to paint something. I start a livery but I think is ugly, I hope to find the good inspiration!:banghead:

I think is a limit for creativity and for skill. Also because with Inkscape is possible to do anythink

Skill, you say?...

Looks like quite a lot of skill there! I think the competition should be careful to balance between those who have the time and experience to use a computer and standalone software, and those that just use the livery editor in the game.... plus it's just one theme for one competition - if you don't like it, skip it... or even better... win it! Then you can set the rules for the next round ;)

I don't understand why we can't use personal decals, is a competition, I think is a limit for creativity and for skill. Also because with Inkscape is possible to do anythink, btw I will try to paint something. I start a livery but I think is ugly, I hope to find the good inspiration!:banghead:
You’re kidding now right? Each competition has different rules and restrictions. This one won’t allow you to use user-made decals for a reason. You can still be creative and show off skill, even more so when you can’t make certain decals on your computer. Look at the Forza livery editor. They get along fine without this feature.

Yes a huge challenge to use ready stickers xD!!! I would like to paint a personal gtplanet number board but I'm not sure is allowed

It actually is a challenge. Being able to put on anything you can make as a SVG makes it easy. Being able to only create stuff with basic shapes can get challenging.
Yes, be my guest. Make a personal gtplanet number plate. As long as you use the shapes and decals that came with the game.*

If you don’t like the rules I suggest you sit this one out and see what the next competition brings. I’m sure @BLiTZ is planning something really interesting stuff for us for the next competition next wednesday.

*other than the gtplanet decals in the OP

And equity.
Equity? We have the same
Skill, you say?...

Looks like quite a lot of skill there! I think the competition should be careful to balance between those who have the time and experience to use a computer and standalone software, and those that just use the livery editor in the game.... plus it's just one theme for one competition - if you don't like it, skip it... or even better... win it! Then you can set the rules for the next round ;)

No absolutly, I start using pc and Svg in December, and I'm a student and worker, not a nerd. A competition must have meritocrazy, not equity, we have all the same chance and possibilities, some of the best svg files in the game are made with Inkscape, a free softwere that everyone can use.
We have alredy equity.
If you follow some painter on twitter you will understand what I mean. About creating artwork with in game editor....I come from forzamotorsport, I know better than you what mean to create stuff with simple shapes. In gt is all more easier it's true, so I don't understand this limit. In a competition must win who do more and better, or it's not a competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back