The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 02 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 212 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a competition must win who do more and better, or it's not a competition.
And every competition has its own set of rules.

And you actually broke one just now.

You’re kidding now right? Each competition has different rules and restrictions. This one won’t allow you to use user-made decals for a reason. You can still be creative and show off skill, even more so when you can’t make certain decals on your computer. Look at the Forza livery editor. They get along fine without this feature.

It actually is a challenge. Being able to put on anything you can make as a SVG makes it easy. Being able to only create stuff with basic shapes can get challenging.
Yes, be my guest. Make a personal gtplanet number plate. As long as you use the shapes and decals that came with the game.*

If you don’t like the rules I suggest you sit this one out and see what the next competition brings. I’m sure @BLiTZ is planning something really interesting stuff for us for the next competition next wednesday.

*other than the gtplanet decals in the OP
You are saying that we have to create logos with game editor? Really? And you have done this?
About Forza, it's clear you don't know how work. It's true that you use ingame shapes, but you can move group of shapes and coulour togheter and you save and create logos in the editor window, not on the car

You are saying that we have to create logos with game editor? Really? And you have done this?
About Forza, it's clear you don't know how work. It's true that you use ingame shapes, but you can move group of shapes and coulour togheter and you save and create logos in the editor window, not on the car
If you really want one that the game didn’t provide, yes. Yes I have. I made plenty before the decal uploader was made available.
Lol don’t teach me how Forza works, I’ve played more Forza titles than you think.

This discussion ends now, or you’ll be disqualified. I’m not changing the rules just because you’re too lazy to come up with a design based on what the vanilla livery editor has to offer.

And every competition has its own set of rules.

And you actually broke one just now.
In fact I only ask the reasons of some rules, if I don't like the reason i'm free to do not entry at the comp. But I think some discussion can be good for the community, expecially because the experience of liveries is still low, we are at the beginning, and it's clear that the level of liveries creators have still so much to grow compared to other games.

In fact I only ask the reasons of some rules, if I don't like the reason i'm free to do not entry at the comp. But I think some discussion can be good for the community, expecially because the experience of liveries is still low, we are at the beginning, and it's clear that the level of liveries creators have still so much to grow compared to other games.
And I explained them to you. I will not have this discussion continuing here.

It's really not difficult to use the in game editor, Sure there are limitations but that is the point of this weeks particular competition to make do with those limitations to show of your skills with the editor, Its the perfect way to test each persons skills, I'm sure most of us could quite easily throw together a decal in svg format but this isn't a test of our skills using a pc.

This for example is a svg I handmade in inkscape based off nothing more than a very small photo for reference.
4900577280592478736_1.png

Whilst using the in-game editor will not give the same result that is the whole point. Having talents with svg creation will invariably make creating a livery that much easier and thus the entries will not be on an equal footing.

If you really want one that the game didn’t provide, yes. Yes I have. I made plenty before the decal uploader was made available.
Lol don’t teach me how Forza works, I’ve played more Forza titles than you think.

This discussion ends now, or you’ll be disqualified. I’m not changing the rules just because you’re too lazy to come up with a design based on what the vanilla livery editor has to offer.
Mate, it's ok,but don't speak about Forza, In Forza If I create a logo (Pirelli for example), I can save and use the logo for left, right, roof ecc....with Gt I should create the logo for every part of the car, impossible.

Mate, it's ok,but don't speak about Forza, In Forza If I create a logo (Pirelli for example), I can save and use the logo for left, right, roof ecc....with Gt I should create the logo for every part of the car, impossible.
What are you saying right now? That it is impossible in GTS because we can’t copy and group layers like in Forza? :lol: It might be time consuming but definately not impossible. My first Evo X TC replica had about 5 decals handmade for each side, Pirelli was one of them. Make due of the decals already in the game then, don’t make it harder than it has to be. Please. This is my last reply before asking a mod to calm you down.

He meant logos, which came within the game, like, brand logos A-Z fantasy logos A-Z, or even those which you want to create from shapes and patterns, It is up to you. He set the rules for this particular competition, next round will have completely different restrictions. We are supposed to do what we can, within unique restrictions we get. ^^ Nothing to blame, nothing to be angry about, or upset that you cannot use the full potential of the decal uploader feature. Just, for this round we're stuck with default set of things PD provided us. And it is not a small set.
As you said, we're still at the beginning (of the game, of this comp as well). There will be rounds for sure, which will ask the full potential of your skills in both, the livery making process in inkscape(or Adobe Illustrator, or any other software capable of handling svg files) and the livery editor mastery. Feel free to compete with us, just please, follow the rules and restrictions each round provides, we all have the same conditions. :cheers:

What are you saying right now? That it is impossible in GTS because we can’t copy and group layers like in Forza? :lol: It might be time consuming but definately not impossible. My first Evo X TC replica had about 5 decals handmade for each side, Pirelli was one of them. Make due of the decals already in the game then, don’t make it harder than it has to be. Please. This is my last reply before asking a mod to calm you down.
Mate I'm calm, maybe is not the same for you I think, I don't lose you to respect, but you are not very nice with your reply.
Also to threaten the action of a mod for do not let me comment or reply is not nice. Btw I just explain my opinion without any violence I think, now It's time to start to paint!

My spoon Gr4 and Gr3

6278041045530870292_0.jpg

Nice. But you should have a look at the OP. Don’t post anything else than your final entry. And your ‘Spoons’ doesn’t even fit the theme so I’m not sure you read the OP at all.

Mate I'm calm, maybe is not the same for you I think, I don't lose you to respect, but you are not very nice with your reply.
Also to threaten the action of a mod for do not let me comment or reply is not nice. Btw I just explain my opinion without any violence I think, now It's time to start to paint!
I just replied in the same manner, though.
You did explain but didn’t follow the thread rules. I’m sorry but I just don’t think you understand the competition. The photo mode competition has rules on par with the rules here, and I don’t see people complain there. Having rules to follow is what makes the competition. A ‘free for all’ attitude is not fair.

It’s a bit off topic but here are two examples of what could be done before any SVG were available :

Finally, here it is :
The mighty Raybrig NSX '00, my favourite car in GT3 !

Despite looking like quite simple, this is actually a 427 layers car. Except the side skirts ones, almost every sticker is handmade (RAYBRIG is 30 layers each, SP AIR 9 layers, AVEX 17 or 26 layers, and so on)

Only 3 sponsors are not the real ones, but I maxed out the layer count on the body.

You can download it right now, search #raybrig, #jgtc, #cytoria, or add/follow my PSN ID "Cytoria".

You can also check these pics and more, in full 4K glory, here : https://www.flickr.com/photos/156630027@N08/?

View attachment 685515
View attachment 685516
View attachment 685517
View attachment 685525 View attachment 685519View attachment 685520
View attachment 685521 View attachment 685522 View attachment 685523

It’s a bit off topic but here are two examples of what could be done before any SVG were available :

Also your liveries are example of incredible work on lines, but i was speaking more about sponsors decals , not body lines

Also your liveries are example of incredible work on lines, but i was speaking more about sponsors decals , not body lines
Each of my RAYBRIG logo was made with 30 in-game decals. Sure it is now easier to grab one from the discover section and copy it. But even by these times, you could do almost what you want.

Each of my RAYBRIG logo was made with 30 in-game decals. Sure it is now easier to grab one from the discover section and copy it. But even by these times, you could do almost what you want.
Yes but was the period with locked Svg, painting a small logo in the body of a car is very limited and require a huge amount of time. In fact no one in this comp made a logo with editor

Only custom logos are GTPlanet logo, GTPlanet.net and the NISSAN/NISMO logos

Nice :) you should probably add a proper 360° or a few pictures though, making the poll will be a little bit more strict than the last time. Also remember red Final Entry if that’s it :)

Look here mate.

B7185B80-4294-464A-8DE8-012723F308BE.jpeg
A13E54FB-710C-4F2E-8D8C-74538E171A9E.jpeg
5302EBAE-7097-4A6B-B135-5A6B936BABD2.jpeg

All made before the decal uploader. The Evo was actually from the beta. 8 decals made with shapes. Sure it took me a while but even with usermade decals now, it takes me just as long. Only difference is that now I spend more time on my pc preparing decals and ‘shapes’ there instead. And what’s up with the BMW you might think. The Falken logo provided by PD wasn’t white.

Yes but was the period with locked Svg, painting a small logo in the body of a car is very limited and require a huge amount of time. In fact no one in this comp made a logo with editor

*facepalm* It isn’t required for you to make logos by shapes, but if you want a logo that isn’t provided by PD, then you have to.

Nice :) you should probably add a proper 360° or a few pictures though, making the poll will be a little bit more strict than the last time. Also remember red Final Entry if that’s it :)

Look here mate.

All made before the decal uploader. The Evo was actually from the beta. 8 decals made with shapes. Sure it took me a while but even with usermade decals now, it takes me just as long. Only difference is that now I spend more time on my pc preparing decals and ‘shapes’ there instead. And what’s up with the BMW you might think. The Falken logo provided by PD wasn’t white.

*facepalm* It isn’t required for you to make logos by shapes, but if you want a logo that isn’t provided by PD, then you have to.
Congratulation for this great works (considering the tools), but the writing text is skew, not straight at all. I think is very limited to not use svg. But we have different idea so don't make sense to speak again, I will try to made a livery following the rules, if i'm happy with the result and I find the time to play I will show you my entry.

Congratulation for this great works (considering the tools), but the writing text is skew, not straight at all. I think is very limited to not use svg, also because we have 300 layer, not some thousend like Forza. But we have different idea so don't make sense to speak again, I will try to made a livery following the rules, if i'm happy with the result and I find the time to play I will show you my entry.

Just like you, I discovered Inkscape in January and I have fun with it. As we are « hardcore » and accurate livery makers, we try our best to use the cleaner and better decal (see @BLiTZ too).

Here are extracts from my Takata livery : left is my updated model where I made all the little sponsors in Inkscape. Right is the one before the uploader. The big MOTUL is made with in-game lines and circles (as the only in-game Motul has a red background). And the tiny sponsors are replaced with PD fantasy ones.

2FA1D295-77DC-409F-B725-96432001E80C.jpeg

Apart if the goal is to do the closest replica, do you think one has better chances to win a GT Planet livery contest ?

PS : I’ll also use this message to say that a contest for best replica will end up with almost copy clones, seeing the level here.

Congratulation for this great works (considering the tools), but the writing text is skew, not straight at all. I think is very limited to not use svg. But we have different idea so don't make sense to speak again, I will try to made a livery following the rules, if i'm happy with the result and I find the time to play I will show you my entry.

Concidering I didn’t care much about the text the rest is good. Same with the Audi, although I spent more time on he text.

The competition now is to focus on GTPlanet, so it doesn’t really matter what other logos you place, which is why I chose to have it restricted to only PD created decals. It makes the best competition for everyone.

I’m pretty sure some people are more comfortable to use what is already available to them, and don’t care to download other peoples creations or to make SVGs themselves. You’re the only one who has issues with this, everyone else has understood the rules and made their entries based on what restrictions they had. I suggest you do the same :) I look forward to see what you present.
The PMC is no different than this LEC. I didn’t see people complain when the new theme was restricted by aperture set to 2.0 or less, which is very restrictive. (Yet also very rewarding. Same can be said for the LEC#2 rules)

@JR98 I just have to ask. Those name tags look like a different font than the in-game font; did you make them in-game or are those svg’s as well?

Just like you, I discovered Inkscape in January and I have fun with it. As we are « hardcore » and accurate livery makers, we try our best to use the cleaner and better decal (see @BLiTZ too).

Here are extracts from my Takata livery : left is my updated model where I made all the little sponsors in Inkscape. Right is the one before the uploader. The big MOTUL is made with in-game lines and circles (as the only in-game Motul has a red background). And the tiny sponsors are replaced with PD fantasy ones.

View attachment 727386

Apart if the goal is to do the closest replica, do you think one has better chances to win a GT Planet livery contest ?

PS : I’ll also use this message to say that a contest for best replica will end up with almost copy clones, seeing the level here.
In fact the car is different that the recent one, this is the proof that without svg we have huge limit. This is Gt, we have to use in my opinion what game give to us, why to make a complications? It's clear that without svg the level of liveries is lower, and it's clear that we can't do a comparison with Forza because we don't have the same tools.

In fact the car is different that the recent one, this is the proof that without svg we have huge limit. This is Gt, we have to use in my opinion what game give to us, why to make a complications? It's clear that without svg the level of liveries is lower, and it's clear that we can't do a comparison with Forza because we don't have the same tools.
If you are in an art lesson and make a pencil drawing contest, will you complain because with oil painting your artwork will be better ?

If you are in an art lesson and make a pencil drawing contest, will you complain because with oil painting your artwork will be better ?
I don't think is a good example, the example should be: "You are at pencil drawing contest and you have to use a popped pencil" :lol:

@uccio21 We understand your concern but remember, this is a competition. It is supposed to be challenging, which is the exact reason why there are certain stipulations in place, such as in this one, to make it challenging. Yeah, the preset decal liveries might not be as clean-looking and professional than the custom decal ones (although the ones brought up in this thread prove otherwise) but it doesn't matter. It's not about unbounded perfection. It's about following the rules to achieve a entry-worthy piece. Everyone is judged on the same platform, using the same tools and limitations. Our job as entrants is to make the best livery we can with these limitations.

The Photomode Comps often place restrictions such as no scapes, stock livery only, portrait mode only. Would a scape photo look better than a race photo? Possible, but it's meant to see who can create the best results with a limited feature set. That's exactly what this comp is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back