The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 05 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 166 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
solo main pics(which makes 6 in total)
Same for me but that way was accepted the last time we had to make two liveries so I guess it‘s fine with the rules again this time. Not sure if I can even fit three cars on the snow picture :nervous: It would also still end up with having at least three photo for the non-spoiled images :boggled:

Fixed-ish :dopey:

@Cytoria do you use different settings for the snow shots? Yours are a lot brighter than mine and look way better

Last edited:
@Cytoria do you use different settings for the snow shots? Yours are a lot brighter than mine and look way better

I think I’ve added a little brightness in the « background only » mask to make the snow more white than light grey. I can check that later for you. The settings for the cars themselves looks identical, though.

Check that you've got the background settings as per the instructions in the OP. Beyond that it could be differences between HDR/SDR (the settings I shared are based on HDR, but it shouldn't make too much difference).

Hope this is ok but I thought I'd post a little teaser shot of my theme with the purpose of showing anyone that may have been thinking about this actual real-life Le Mans 2015 design, this is my 1st go at an LMP car livery so lots of learning and after about 10 hours I'm almost done and it uses 3 cars (I need to save up some money to buy a 3rd one!!)

Dc6sdlmXUAAKq6M.jpg

Of course, if someone chooses to do the same design that's cool, I just didn't want anyone to waste their time pondering whether to start it.
That’s was one of my ideas actually but I never found a Porsche Intelligent Performance decal that would cover the body of the car. If I may ask what decal did you use?

Hope this is ok but I thought I'd post a little teaser shot of my theme with the purpose of showing anyone that may have been thinking about this actual real-life Le Mans 2015 design, this is my 1st go at an LMP car livery so lots of learning and after about 10 hours I'm almost done and it uses 3 cars (I need to save up some money to buy a 3rd one!!)

Dc6sdlmXUAAKq6M.jpg

Of course, if someone chooses to do the same design that's cool, I just didn't want anyone to waste their time pondering whether to start it.
You don't need that, all you need is to take photo of one car, change livery, open your library, find the photo and open scapes, then you can add the same car again, works with charm and 3x ;)

That’s was one of my ideas actually but I never found a Porsche Intelligent Performance decal that would cover the body of the car. If I may ask what decal did you use?

There is actually a solid to faded Porsche Intelligent Performance decal in the community library, it needed a lot of tweaking but I'm happy with the result.

Why? :D I also only have one R18 and still was able to take the photos :P

You don't need that, all you need is to take photo of one car, change livery, open your library, find the photo and open scapes, then you can add the same car again, works with charm and 3x ;)

I wanted to have all 3 cars in the same shot, I knew I could do them one by one but what's 2 million credits?!?! :D:crazy:

Last edited:

Dc6sdlmXUAAKq6M.jpg

There is actually a solid to faded Porsche Intelligent Performance decal in the community library, it needed a lot of tweaking but I'm happy with the result.

I wanted to have all 3 cars in the same shot, I knew I could do them one by one but what's 2 million credits?!?! :D:crazy:

The result;

Dc66SBpWkAIxnSE.jpg

I'll get it all properly uploaded shortly

Looks very good, but

Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
;)

I realize it doesn’t say teasers or previews but it’s basically in there if you read between the lines :P

Ok no worries I'll delete the images (although I can only do so in my posts, perhaps a mod can get rid of the rest?) I just wanted to give others a heads up as I personally would have been gutted to have done the same design as someone else

FINAL ENTRY

For the high point of the WEC season – the 24 Hours of Le Mans on June 13–14, 2015 – the Porsche team will send a white, a black and a red Porsche 919 Hybrid onto the circuit.

I wanted to do a real-life livery for this round and also wanted to do a 3 car team so was not left with many options but as soon as I saw this fantastic design I set to work. It took considerable time to source and also create the logos not to mention I had to learn how to get images to display correctly on the Porsche's awkward rear wing :drool: But learning is good and I'm pleased with the outcome. Below the photos in the spoiler section is the history and creative inspiration behind the liveries and also includes the 3 drivers of each car.
Hope you enjoy!! :gtpflag::cheers:

Tradition
The red prototype with starting number 17 will be driven by Timo Bernhard (34, Germany), Brendon Hartley (25, New Zealand), and Mark Webber (38, Australia). Its car number and colour are a tribute to the Porsche that in 1970 took the first of what are now a total of 16 overall victories for the brand in Le Mans. No other brand has claimed so many victories in what is believed to be the world’s most demanding endurance race. The base colour of the Porsche 917 KH ("short-tail") in "Salzburg Design" that won the race 45 years ago on June 14, 1970 was also red. The winning drivers then were Hans Herrmann from Germany, who is now 87, and Richard Attwood from the UK, who is 75 today.

Technology
The black LMP1 with starting number 18 is a symbol of the close technical relationship between the Porsche 919 Hybrid racing car and the Porsche 918 Spyder super sports car, which is also equipped with a hybrid drive. It was also a black 918 that on September 4, 2013 set a new record for a street-legal production sports car by completing a lap of more than 20 kilometres on the North Loop of the Nürburgring in six minutes and 57 seconds. The record-breaking driver there was Marc Lieb, 34, from Germany. Lieb will also drive the black 919 in Le Mans this year – together with Romain Dumas (37, France) and Neel Jani (31, Switzerland).

A Return
The team’s third car – the white 919 Hybrid with starting number 19 – will be competing in Le Mans in the colour Porsche chose for its return to top-notch racing after a 16-year absence. White, which is a traditional colour for racing cars from Germany, will also be used with the two Porsche 911 RSR factory cars that will race in the GTE Pro Class. In Le Mans the
third 919 will be driven by Earl Bamber (24, New Zealand), Formula One driver Nico Hülkenberg (27, Germany), and Nick Tandy (30, Great Britain).

Despite their individual colours, the liveries of the three Porsche 919 Hybrids and the two Porsche 911 RSRs share the same philosophy. All the chassis are covered in the words “Porsche Intelligent Performance”. Those three words summarise the brand’s core ambition for maximised sportiness and highest efficiency.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

For the high point of the WEC season – the 24 Hours of Le Mans on June 13–14, 2015 – the Porsche team will send a white, a black and a red Porsche 919 Hybrid onto the circuit.

I wanted to do a real-life livery for this round and also wanted to do a 3 car team so was not left with many options but as soon as I saw this fantastic design I set to work. It took considerable time to source and also create the logos not to mention I had to learn how to get images to display correctly on the Porsche's awkward rear wing :drool: But learning is good and I'm pleased with the outcome. Below the photos in the spoiler section is the history and creative thought behind the liveries and also includes the 3 drivers of each car.
Hope you enjoy!! :gtpflag::cheers:

Tradition
The red prototype with starting number 17 will be driven by Timo Bernhard (34, Germany), Brendon Hartley (25, New Zealand), and Mark Webber (38, Australia). Its car number and colour are a tribute to the Porsche that in 1970 took the first of what are now a total of 16 overall victories for the brand in Le Mans. No other brand has claimed so many victories in what is believed to be the world’s most demanding endurance race. The base colour of the Porsche 917 KH ("short-tail") in "Salzburg Design" that won the race 45 years ago on June 14, 1970 was also red. The winning drivers then were Hans Herrmann from Germany, who is now 87, and Richard Attwood from the UK, who is 75 today.

Technology
The black LMP1 with starting number 18 is a symbol of the close technical relationship between the Porsche 919 Hybrid racing car and the Porsche 918 Spyder super sports car, which is also equipped with a hybrid drive. It was also a black 918 that on September 4, 2013 set a new record for a street-legal production sports car by completing a lap of more than 20 kilometres on the North Loop of the Nürburgring in six minutes and 57 seconds. The record-breaking driver there was Marc Lieb, 34, from Germany. Lieb will also drive the black 919 in Le Mans this year – together with Romain Dumas (37, France) and Neel Jani (31, Switzerland).

A Return
The team’s third car – the white 919 Hybrid with starting number 19 – will be competing in Le Mans in the colour Porsche chose for its return to top-notch racing after a 16-year absence. White, which is a traditional colour for racing cars from Germany, will also be used with the two Porsche 911 RSR factory cars that will race in the GTE Pro Class. In Le Mans the
third 919 will be driven by Earl Bamber (24, New Zealand), Formula One driver Nico Hülkenberg (27, Germany), and Nick Tandy (30, Great Britain).

Despite their individual colours, the liveries of the three Porsche 919 Hybrids and the two Porsche 911 RSRs share the same philosophy. All the chassis are covered in the words “Porsche Intelligent Performance”. Those three words summarise the brand’s core ambition for maximised sportiness and highest efficiency.
Very well done, they look absolutely stunning. :) I hate to be picky though, but

One bonus pic must be taken on one of Le Mans scapes.

You can post one additional photo inside a spoiler.

Ok I’ll amend it, so just 2 additional pictures? 1 in a spoiler? Sorry I missed that bit :dunce:

Can I has the link for the red one please :dopey:

Yes I’ll post them up tomorrow, sorry.

I’ll get the hang of this one day!

EDIT

Livery links now added and extra pics amended 👍 It's a shame as I wanted to show the aerial view of the design but this is not possible on the Le Mans scapes.

Last edited:
Ok I’ll amend it, so just 2 additional pictures? 1 in a spoiler? Sorry I missed that bit :dunce:

Just one, at Le Mans. In a spoiler. Only Shiretoko (main pictures) outside the spoiler. 👍

@RacingManiac still have to do this too. ;)

So it seems like you guys are all posting liveries you'd normally see at Le-Mans. But can there be something a bit more unusual? A sponsored ride? Not factory supported?

So it seems like you guys are all posting liveries you'd normally see at Le-Mans. But can there be something a bit more unusual? A sponsored ride? Not factory supported?
Fantasy liveries are allowed (this is what I plan to do if I have time) so go for it!

I wanted to do something a bit different than a few simple color flips on the team cars. So I decide to have a sponsor with a few different products that could be put on cars. So I'm chomping away on a few M&M's and it hits me.

FINAL ENTRY

mnms.jpg
Plain,Peanut,and Pretzel M&M's

The rear end of the cars are almost all decals since I had to do several masks to make the graphics all appear properly without distortion. The white center line is about 6 different decals, not including any masking. I didn't add too many extra sponsors since I didn't want the overall theme broken up by a bunch of filler for the sake of filler.
17f.jpg
17r.jpg
20f.jpg
20r.jpg
32f.jpg
32r.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/livery/5660972/1/6990225511085508105

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/livery/5660972/1/6990225511085508105

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/livery/5660972/1/8287257806325679617

Last edited:
Nice ones! It’s funny how your entry is the exact opposite of how it’s supposed to though :D

True, but the method for making the liveries is the exact same
Yeah of course. But it should look the same though so when I put up the poll I don’t have to manually rearrange. I have been nice so far letting certain elements slide, I haven’t disqualified many yet that probably should have in the past, but it will be more strict now since we’ve gotten further into these comps and everyone(or, almost ;)) know the rules by now. :)

So I have to ask if you can be so kind and rearrange your entry. :)

I’m gonna pass on that. I’ll leave them up as is, and if they’re DQ’d they’re DQ’d.
Why get DQ'ed when you just need to get the spoiler pics out of it, and the other pics in it? It's a 30 seconds copy-paste job, not worth getting DQ'ed over such a thing. :)

Meanwhile, I'm still looking for some inspiration for this comp. Really clueless as of now :banghead:

Yeah it’s just a matter of copy pasting, just edit the post and copy the content of the spoiler and paste it over the spoiler, vice versa on the other image. Takes you less than 30 seconds actually. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back