Not open for further replies.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z

Made in Japan. That's literally what Nissan means. Livery and image by @JKcreativeworks - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
We've left the dust and entered the asphalt again. This round we'll work on a car that many of us had as a childhood dream; GTP Sunday Cup creator @JKcreativeworks explains:

As I am a Japanese car enthusiast, and a sucker for Nissan or Mitsubishi, I would like to do something with Nissans finest; the GT-R cars! . "GathRing", dedicated to the R-badge Nissans, the R32 GT-R, R33 GT-R, R34 GT-R and R35 GT-R!
As I see "GathRing" being a (fantasy) Japanese Nissan GT-R meet on the Parking lot Daikokufuto, I would like to keep things realistic. In other words, we use the N-class cars. But I also accept the Gr.4 car as it could possibly go through as a street/track car, but it's a street meet so a Japanese license plate is mandatory on your car.
Also, I wish to have a nice bonus pic taken on the streets of Japan!

CARS: Nissan GT-R cars only!
R32 GT-R
R33 GT-R
R34 GT-R
R35 GT-R
R35 GT-R Nismo
R35 GT-R Gr.4
LIVERIES: Do what you want, give it a subtle street, track or race car look, replica or fantasy, Itashi or whatever you feel like doing. But keep in mind, the cars are located in Japan!
USER MADE DECALS: Allowed
LOCATIONS: Shiretoko for the main pics, bonus image taken on the streets of Japan
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Must use a Japanese license plate.

1) Choose the Shiretoko scape (found by searching all locations and refining by 'Japan'and 'Snow'):

View attachment 729370

2) Apply the following settings:

Camera

Camera Settings

Aperture: F 2.8
Shutter Speed: 1/60 (as it's not a panning shot I don't know that this is important)
Focus: Single AF

Environment Settings
Aspect: 16:9
Orientation: Landscape
Resolution: High

Effects

White Balance
Temperature: 9800 K
Colour Cast Correction: -0.060
Exposure correction: EV +2.0

Special Effects
Chromatic Aberration: 5

Screen Effect 1
Mask: Background
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 0
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 100
Midpoint Correction: 100
Blackpoint Correction: -5

Car Effects
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 150
Brightness: 75
Contrast: 120
Highlight: 500
Midpoint Correction: 500
Blackpoint Correction: 0

3) Place your car in the middle of the scape at a suitable angle:

View attachment 729371

4) Zoom in to 102mm (certain cars may require more or less to fit in the viewfinder) and move the camera until you're happy that the car is centred in the shot:

View attachment 729372

5) Move the focus to the nearest corner of the car (I normally centre on the headlamp closest to the centre of the image) and take your shot.

6) For a shot of the rear, go back to the Car tab and hit R2, switch to Camera and refocus (again I use the tail lamp nearest the centre) and take the shot. If the car has moved off-centre then move the viewfinder and adjust the zoom as you see fit.

For new cars/liveries simply find the scape in your library and reopen and change the car, then rinse and repeat as above.

Images, entry format and tutorial made by @BLiTZ

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr.
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Preview images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • You are required to use two ‘main’ photos, viewing the front and the back of the car. You can post one additional photo inside a spoiler.
  • No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online(in-game) to prove it’s your work.

Deadline

August 15, 2018 (23:59, CEST/GMT+2)

One question regarding Japanese license plates:
And would my own plate match a realistic Nissan GT-R? Green or black type?
Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 14.53.18.png

This guy has a lot of Japanese plate stuff. All numbers, several cities and more stuff you could need. The one linked is a useful template so you can make whatever plate you want.

Wow
I'm even more lost :lol: I think I'll just spend all my time making the perfect licence plate :lol: :lol: that dude is awesome and insane I love it

I once made a livery for GTR2 that had a Japanese plate in it; I simply took a screenshot from TXR0's number plate creator part (when buying a car).

@JKcreativeworks may I propose an idea. Image stitching.

Three Sky's are a little to show in the bonus image (if anyone wants to show off a full meet), may I ask that stitching images together (without editing them) to make a better atmosphere to be allowed?

@JKcreativeworks may I propose an idea. Image stitching.

Three Sky's are a little to show in the bonus image (if anyone wants to show off a full meet), may I ask that stitching images together (without editing them) to make a better atmosphere to be allowed?

That was my idea too. As long as the centerpiece is our own livery, I can’t see why we couldn’t do that...

One question regarding Japanese license plates:
And would my own plate match a realistic Nissan GT-R? Green or black type?
View attachment 756148
The big numbers are always xx-xx or •• •/xx not sure about a plate with only three numbers, maybe it has the -, maybe not :confused:

I was thinking about the GT-R with the spot-headlights on the bonnet, as a crazy custom GT-R.. that'd be cool if it was allowed :cheers:

That’s a rally car so that’s a hard no. Unless of course you can stitch the road car and the rally car together and make it look authentic, but even that is probably a hard no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back