The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 14 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 223 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
And even if I said that I wouldn’t disqualify an entry inspired by an existing livery, I’d rather if you can enter a livery which is more in the spirit of this fortnight’s theme...

Of course! I have something in mind.

..I think. :D

You've used the old logo's text on the rear bumper ;)

The rules say you can use text-only logos if necessary
Still, i don't see how this text is old-school or how it compares to modern one. Pls show me? :)

I know it says no need to design a suit and helmet, but can you include one if you want to?

Of course you can if you wish, but they are not mandatory nor counted for the votes.

The rules say you can use text-only logos if necessary
Still, i don't see how this text is old-school or how it compares to modern one. Pls show me? :)

Edit : I've deleled the logos, they didn't work in game.

Last edited:
Where is all the none white liveries at? Someone come along and join me in the fun of not base coat white :lol::lol:

I've always had somewhat of a dislike towards the castrol liveries, they seem to always follow some sort of a trend. I'd love to see that trend upset on the bigger stage like the car I got my inspiration from!

my base color is chrome anyway :P not white, I want make BP ultimate livery at first but to think the result will be like my old project blame my muscle memory so I make that livery, which I update for (truly) final version :drool:

Of course you can if you wish, but they are not mandatory nor counted for the votes.

Here is the set of decals of the new logo (hopefully they are all working) :
- Logo
- Logo without white background
- Round Shape
- Round Shape without white background
- Text only

Castrol Red in game :
H 0 / S 89 / V 93
Castrol Green in game :
H 42 / S 100 / V 60
I've matched the colour codes and they don't resemble the gt supplied logo

edit, the light in livery editor on the bonnet made it look off

Here is the set of decals of the new logo (hopefully they are all working) :
- Logo
- Logo without white background
- Round Shape
- Round Shape without white background
- Text only

Castrol Red in game :
H 0 / S 89 / V 93
Castrol Green in game :
H 42 / S 100 / V 60
Thanks a lot, grabbed them all :cheers:

If anyone is looking for a fun idea something along the lines of The Castrol GTX funny cars that John Force has used would be great inspiration!
It won't be what I'm using for mine especially since I don't own any Fords in game, so feel free to take it, It'd be really cool to see.

I'll be working with something a little more unique, do you know what I'm talking about @Cytoria? ;) (Better question is what do I need to do to make it legal? Just update the lettering?)

I'll be working with something a little more unique, do you know what I'm talking about @Cytoria? ;) (Better question is what do I need to do to make it legal? Just update the lettering?)

If it is the one I think about : lettering, number board and maybe some colours ? It is in the « oil » theme already but maybe not in a way that Castrol would promote :P

Bit worried about mine now! Are my colours wrong? Is it in the way Castrol would promote? Maybe need to do another then.

@Lebowski I can't say it without seeing your entry. But @im2fst4u is more about slick than oil promotion ;). So I wouldn't worried that much for your work !

About the colours. like @LI1599 and @D-Max said, neither the official Castrol RGB codes nor the colours extracted from their SVG logo seems to work with those in the game...
(and my logo set didn't work in game either, I'll update them)

Castrol logo : https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...gallery/all/decal/2534200/4972070825300624400
Castrol logo empty : https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...gallery/all/decal/2534200/5125193203837861904
Castrol text (current logo) : https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/discover/search/decal/decal/1082069/6124979058809798680

Last edited:
@Cytoria ; I have took a few picture - they're in my gallery. If its wrong in anyway then let me know, if not then I will resize the pictures and enter tomorrow.

@Cytoria ; I have took a few picture - they're in my gallery. If its wrong in anyway then let me know, if not then I will resize the pictures and enter tomorrow.
You shouldn’t resize the clicky - it should be small here but linked to a full size one. If the image your entry image is linked to is just as small, details would totally be lost. It’s ok of course, but not at all recommended.

This was already shared but unfortunately the colour codes don’t match with the logo in the game. Still very useful is you want to know what’s allowed and what’s not in the Castrol communication.
Now that's a good bit of information.

Now I wonder, is this a Castrol or Vodafone primary sponsor? As it stays away from the information provided in that page. I'm going to guess Vodafone but both have very prominent positions on the car. And although my car goes against the grain, I still feel it's the best looking car here yet :lol::lol::nervous::nervous: I wanted to go away from the plain white, red and green and feel that I've done it well sticking with the castrol theme
CuoFkNMVYAAHk4V.jpg

This was already shared but unfortunately the colour codes don’t match with the logo in the game. Still very useful is you want to know what’s allowed and what’s not in the Castrol communication.
I've been working on my entry today and the converted HSV values in the .txt file I attached in my first post seem to match the ingame logo very, very closely. They're slightly off just because I had to round up some of the decimals in the original numbers, but even then, it's only noticeable when fully zoomed in.

@Cytoria @syntex123 I changed the logo on the back. Can i retake only one picture (the rear quarter)? The whole livery is still same as it was and i already did the color matching while making the livery yesterday

Now I wonder, is this a Castrol or Vodafone primary sponsor? As it stays away from the information provided in that page. I'm going to guess Vodafone but both have very prominent positions on the car. And although my car goes against the grain, I still feel it's the best looking car here yet :lol::lol::nervous::nervous: I wanted to go away from the plain white, red and green and feel that I've done it well sticking with the castrol theme
CuoFkNMVYAAHk4V.jpg

I saw a time lapse video of that one the other day. It’s nice. But like you say it’s cery 50-50 and @Cytoria would be the guy to say yay or nay on this one. :)

CuoFkNMVYAAHk4V.jpg
What about switching the Vodafone tilt to the round part of the Castrol logo ? That would be a green, red and Castrol livery !

FINAL ENTRY
After a few final edits, here is my final entry. As the Huracan has given me a lot of success, i chose to base it upon a car i will get use from.

So about the design. I knew i wanted to use many techniques; full carbon trim, a base coat of chrome gold to accent the 'Edge' graphics, fading elements, split colour front, rear and top to bottom as well as a symetrical pattern and a non symetrical pattern. But which to use? Well I chose to use them all!

This was a real challenge and quite a ball ache to figure out. It's obviously going to be a busy looking livery but I wanted to avoid chaotic - I hope I achieved that. I took a few influences from real liveries but nothing major. The colours are the same as I've used on my Blancpain Castrol NSX, the patterns are slightly influenced by the KCMG Nismo GTR's in my gallery as well as the Phoenix Racing R8 LMS. And the fades were influenced by my trusty old Modulo NSX GT500!

I added a matching suit and helmet too, just because!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back