• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 116 comments

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, you'll have to find the new film icon. Last winner @Strax set this theme, let's hear what he has to say :

You've been appointed director of the vehicles department for a new movie, and you've been asked to focus your attention in choosing the car driven by the protagonist. The producers want it to be a focal center of the story, and if possible, they'd like it to become an icon for the future, pretty much what happened to the Supra from FnF, the Mustang Shelby from Gone in 60 seconds, and the such.

Which movie it is? You decide! A movie set in the world of Gr.1 racing, similar to a modern "Le Mans" with Steve McQueen? A street racing story such as Fast and Furious? Or maybe a police movie set in the 60's? Anything is fine! Design the next Hollywood icon on wheels!

And if possible, though it's not mandatory, give us a little insight on what the movie you thought about is, and how the car fits in. Again, this is not mandatory at all, it's just for some extra fun.

CARS :

- No Restrictions
- Yes, VGT too, as you may very well set your movie in the future.

LIVERIES :
- Original liveries only.
- This is a new movie, not a remake of old stuff. So, the FnF iconic Supra orange livery on the Gr. X FT-1 is banned, for example.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- If you are designing a car that is set to be street-legal, it MUST have a proper number plate if it has the related space (complete freedom on which one it is, just don't leave the plates with the original GT car logos).
- The car doesn't need to be Sport Mode compatible

BONUS PICTURES SETTINGS :
- The bonus shot must be an action scene from your movie.

USER MADE DECALS :
- No Restrictions

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

- The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
- Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

- Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
- It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
- Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

- All posted images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
- You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
- You are allowed to post one bonus picture in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
- You have to make one post with ONLY the 3 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

- It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
- Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
- No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

- You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
- You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE

February 20, 2019 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

Last edited:
Great theme yes!

I have no idea at this point but I'm gonna try to find something to do.

My poor English won't help me for the "what the film is about and how the car fits in" part but I'll do my best! :banghead: :D

Great theme yes!

I have no idea at this point but I'm gonna try to find something to do.

My poor English won't help me for the "what the film is about and how the car fits in" part but I'll do my best! :banghead: :D
Grammar correctness is definetly not required, just do your best if you want to give a background to your work, or just skip that part ;)

I'm gonna like this theme.

This will give me the chance to use some classics.

I got a question in regards to the action shot, can I use a Scape shot where there's three cars featured (including the car used for this contest)?

Last edited:
this one came pretty quick to me. the decals are my own, this is my Hot Wheels vs Speed Racer style universe movie Villain car. I loved what the Wachowskis did with the Speed movie and if i could insert my own car into that type of universe, this would be it - a nasty viper of a villain hell bent on wrecking havoc through the course with hypnotic distractions. Also the chrome/colour shift really doesn't play well in a still shot

You can guess the idea, the idea clearly from 00's era when The Fast and The Furious out. I grow with that movie, and I really like livery from Fast and Furious 1 to Tokyo Drift all is memorable. So this car for me is taking part of that movie as a main character second car if they filming at Japan.

FINAL ENTRY

So I went for a Jaguar XJ13 for this one. My idea for a film about this car is where it finally gets a chance to race and getting to race against its rivals aka the Ford GT40 and Ferrari 330 P4.

As for the livery I went simple for this one because after looking at classic cars that were featured in movies, their livery designs are mostly simple. In terms of the livery being related to the movie, the protagonist designs this livery to enter the Historic Racing Series. A championship series where most old cars will race against each other and top 3 who scored the most points during the series will race each other in Le Mans for the final round (think of it like the 1979 Nostalgic Car Cup in GTS but all cars are competitive) and the winner will get huge amounts of cash.

I could post my plot for this but its gonna take a while. :lol:

So the movie begins with an old man named Reeves Wilkinson (born 1945) visiting the British Motor Museum and there he saw the Jaguar XJ13 and he smiled. And then a group of car enthusiasts saw him smiling and they asked him "Do you know this car mister?" and Reeves replied "Yes in fact I raced that car before.". So then the car enthusiasts were all curious to know more about his experience with the car and thus Reeves began his story about the Jaguar XJ13.........

Characters?
Reeves Wilkinson - The protagonist who used to drive the Jag back in the sixties and would give the XJ13 the experience it wanted when it was created aka racing it.
Ed Rivers - The antagonist of the movie. He's the leader of his gang named The Hole In Your Garage gang and he doesn't care about cars as long as he can get money out of it though he has knowledge about cars. He drives a Ferrari 330 P4.
Chris Atkins - A major character of the movie. He's a American driver who was successful at racing in the US for Ford-Shelby. Some say he's Carroll Shelby's golden boy. He drives the Ford GT40 Mk.I.
Pio Barnes - A major character of the movie. He's also the founder and organizer of the Historic Racing Series. A two time champion and he drives a Shelby Cobra 427.
Venny - One of Ed's thugs. Although he doesn't know much about cars, he's a good driver for the gang. Some say he might overthrow Ed. He drives a Shelby GT350.
Freid - One of Ed's thugs. Compared to both Ed and Venny, he knows cars and can drive well too. Drives also a Shelby GT350.

If in case the action shot I posted is not allowed, I will change it immediately.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

So I went for a Jaguar XJ13 for this one. My idea for a film about this car is where it finally gets a chance to race and getting to race against its rivals aka the Ford GT40 and Ferrari 330 P4.

As for the livery I went simple for this one because after looking at classic cars that were featured in movies, their livery designs are mostly simple. In terms of the livery being related to the movie, the protagonist designs this livery to enter the Historic Racing Series. A championship series where most old cars will race against each other and top 3 who scored the most points during the series will race each other in Le Mans for the final round (think of it like the 1979 Nostalgic Car Cup in GTS but all cars are competitive) and the winner will get huge amounts of cash.

I could post my plot for this but its gonna take a while. :lol:

If in case the action shot I posted is not allowed, I will change it immediately.
The extra shot is fine, I would've used panning to have some more racing feeling, but it is alright :)

The extra shot is fine, I would've used panning to have some more racing feeling, but it is alright :)
I could change that. Gonna adjust the shutter speed so it can have that racing feeling that you're looking for.

But at least this confirms that I can use three cars in the extra pic. :)

I could change that. Gonna adjust the shutter speed so it can have that racing feeling that you're looking for.

But at least this confirms that I can use three cars in the extra pic. :)
Of course you can use multiple cars in the extra pic, it's an action shot from a movie where there is a protagonist car, usually there is more than one car in such a movie :P

An anime comic made into a movie.

Naitohantā

Alright, so this story is about an ex-drugdealer and streetracer named Toshiko born in the streets of Edogawa Tokyo. Since his Drugdealer era Toshiko has had many negative encounters with several mafia members, he has been extorted and threatened with death due to racing and drugdealing in mafias property. Toshiko decided he no longer wanted to take that road, and took a turn for the better. He has joined up with the Police to go undercover and intercept in the underworld as the Yakuza had grown bigger and bigger to the point people didn't feel save anymore in the streets. He finds himself chasing down drugdealers and footsoldiers of the Mafia, and often finds him self in gunfights in the harbors of Koto due to failed drugdeal attempts between gangs. Although the government doesn't always aprove of his way of work, they are (as cliché as it sounds) glad they have him on board.

If it's not allowed to have the 2nd spoiler in the first post, I'll get it out!​

Last edited:
An anime comic made into a movie.

Naitohantā

Alright, so this story is about an ex-drugdealer and streetracer named Toshiko born in streets of Edogawa Tokyo. Since his Drugdealer era Toshiko has had many negative encounters with several mafia members, he has been extorted and threatened with death due to racing and drugdealing in mafias property. Toshiko decided he no longer wanted to take that road, and took a turn for the better. He has joined up with the Police to go undercover and intercept in the underworld as the Yakuza has had grown bigger and bigger to the point people didn't feel save anymore in the streets. He finds himself chasing down drugdealers and footsoldiers of the Mafia, and often finds him self in gunfights in the harbors of Koto due to failed drugdeal attempts between gangs. Altough the government doesnt always aprove of his way of work, they are (as cliché as it sounds) glad that they have him on board.

If it's not allowed to have the 2nd spoiler in the first post, I'll get it out!​
This is all exactly what I had in mind, from the livery to the bonus shot to the movie insight, very well done! As for the second spoiler I would've put it in the second post :)

I decided to add a plot for my movie in my post with the Jag. Not going too much because then it would be a lengthy spoiler. :lol:

FINAL ENTRY

two.jpg
one.jpg

three.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Movie - Reaper’s Revenge

‘Set across the State of California, a retired hitman is forced out of retirement after one of his closest friends is murdered in cold blood. His only choice is to figure out the trail of clues left behind and wreak havoc on those responsible. With the call sign Reaper, he’s sure to inflict loads of pain and suffering on anyone who stands in his path.’

The car is a secondary protagonist, with loads of screen time. It goes through the worst situations and takes a beating. With plenty of scratches and dents and bullet holes to boot. The brown is indeed dirt although when I looked at it at one point, it looked like possible rust.

The spoiler is a scene set in the middle of the movie where the reaper is being tailed and he has no choice but to put the foot to the floor and see off his chasers with any means necessary

P.s I thought the charger would be the perfect chase vehicle but for some reason, scapes keeps reverting the wheels back to stock although they keep the painted colour. I put typical questionable DUB style wheels on the 2 chargers as you see in all action movies but as I said, they won’t load in scapes!

Latest Posts

Back