The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 29 (Games) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 103 comments
FINAL ENTRY

MGS V Nissan GTR Gr.2

I actually created 2 liveries for this round as I couldn't decide on which game to choose but eventually I went with this simple MGS V design. I love Metal Gear Solid, it's easily the best spy/espionage series in gaming history for me and Kojima is a genius. MGS and MGS V are my favourite games in the series and this design is predominantly a nod to MGS V with a few winks towards MGS (rear 'Game Over' decal, rear wing main decal and the Gran Turismo in MGS font on the front together with decals from Peacewalker and MGS4 ) The rest is MGS V with the logo, 2 images of Snake on the right, another 1 on the left with Revolver Ocelot and then the legendary Quiet on the bonnet. It's quite simple but I feel it fits the art style of MGS rather than an over-busy design.

The last spoiler shot is a little easter egg (seemed fitting for an MGS entry) which shows the GTR in front of the other livery I did for this competition; a Rainbow 6 Siege Aston Martin Gr.3 and also my Wipeout Feisar Supra Gr.3 which was entered for a past GT Planet livery competition.

Thanks for checking it out, hope you enjoy :cheers:

Last edited:
Ohhhh an MGSV livery and it looks really great!

...buuut you used MGS4 and PW decals! Hahaha

Yeah I know, that's the idea buddy, I wanted a central theme of MGS V but wanted to give my other favourites in the series a little nod, all the main black drawn images are MGSV, though I was tempted to add one of Rex, Vulcan Raven, Sniper Wolf, Raiden and others but space was an issue :D

FINAL ENTRY

ABT Metal Gear Solid 2 Audi R8 - DTM 2001

86hp3z2.png

TwI1rK2.png

CyrfGnx.png

kE1QC16.png

oNMsrl4.png

via

So, first of huge HUGE(!) thanks to @Maninashed for the work on the Snake decal on the side of the car. Without his amazing work this car could never have been finished.

x0svsAR.jpg

I’m a pretty big(thats a picture from 2014 (some of the newer stuff I've added to my collection)) fan of Hideo Kojima and his games, specifically the Metal Gear Solid series. Out of the series my favourite is Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, which for me is the greatest piece of fiction ever made. What I wanted to do was to translate this iconic game, onto a real period racing car.

So, I had a search around and found a very handsome ABT Audi DTM entry for 2001 (the year of the games release), and so combining these two became my goal.

I was actually really surprised to find that every single one of the decals for this car are already in the Discovery section, as well as an abundance of MGS decals.

My entry then, is a new take on the ABT Audi TT entry for the 2001 DTM season!

Last edited:

Updated my entry with some minor changes to the decals and created a helmet and suit additionally. –

Being aware that my choice of livery is more related to any superhero theme than to this issue “games”, I took the bait to go with Spider-Man since I’m a fan of this freaky comic character as long as I can remember. In my adolescent years I used to be a tall and skinny lad myself with long and thin legs – so my teasing little sister had fun calling me “Spider-Man” (it’s true, no joke).
This livery is using the strict red/blue corporate colour scheme according to the Marvel original with applications of the spider logo and the web pattern. My Spider-Man Racing Team gets sponsorship by Marvel Entertainment, Insomniac Games, Sony PS4 and Loctite which is a well-known manufacturer of glues of all kind (!) and a sponsor of former F1 teams like Lotus and McLaren.
I chose the Lamborghini Huracan as base car due to the way it keeps looking at me – with these awesome spider-man eyes. I simply had to put some "make-up" to this face. I hope you like it.

Link to the livery of SPYDER_907

I’m not sure when I’ll be making a return. I’m investing more time into racing at the moment and making a real go of it.

I though you will go with Julia :lol:
She and Asuka were some of my options alongside Shazam (Injustice), Mortal Kombat 11 (Kronika-based) and many others, but all went down to how to use the special colors (Julia's main costume's palette hardly works for a livery and alternative costumes would be hard to recognize, Asuka needed lots of special colors and filters didn't help to much, and Shazam would confuse everybody with the movie :indiff:)... I'm more a Paladins guy (I could have go with Vivian) but at the end D-Va won since there's many liveries out there but any don't do justice to her and her suit honestly :cool:... Again, a good side effect was the 90's Porsche liveries' vibes the car gives :lol:

images

So, first of huge HUGE(!) thanks to @Maninashed for the work on the Snake decal on the side of the car. Without his amazing work this car could never have been finished.

x0svsAR.jpg

I’m a pretty big(thats a picture from 2014 (some of the newer stuff I've added to my collection)) fan of Hideo Kojima and his games, specifically the Metal Gear Solid series. Out of the series my favourite is Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, which for me is the greatest piece of fiction ever made. What I wanted to do was to translate this iconic game, onto a real period racing car.

So, I had a search around and found a very handsome ABT Audi DTM entry for 2001 (the year of the games release), and so combining these two became my goal.

I was actually really surprised to find that every single one of the decals for this car are already in the Discovery section, as well as an abundance of MGS decals.

My entry then, is a new take on the ABT Audi TT entry for the 2001 DTM season!

Updated with another picture of my collection from last year. I'm still waiting to have it all in once place :D

FINAL ENTRY

As most of us here I'm a game enthusiast not only on the PC and PlayStation but also on the old fashion board games. One of my favorite games is the Catan, a board game that was created in Germany (so that's the link to the car). I, in my opinion, this livery highlights the most important parts of the game; on the side, you see the original logo and a part of the board on the rear fender. On the hood is the logo of my favorite expansion for the game.

I made the choice not to put other advertisement on the car to keep the design as clean as possible.

It was the mid eightees. Simracing wasn't a thing yet, it was all pixels and arcade back then. Driving with the best joysticks and just one button ! :D

Enduro was for me by far the most favourite game I played on the Atari 2600. And it had time and weather chances ! From the forest to the desert to snowy lakes. Sure, it wasn't 3D at all , but the feel and gameplay was just that simple and yet seriously though to get to the final level.. #neverforget :D

This livery is by far my most time consumed livery I made this far. Rather than all the names firing up to the LEC anniversary Beetle, which was by that time my most time consumed livery, I had to make many layers and uploading and editing + uploading them again with trial and error.
The main decal on the front of the car is around 14 layers, but oploaded double or tripple of thar number to get the best resolution. Also made the number 6 and other decals as seen on the Stratos on the cardridges. With thanks to @Cytoria for a better image I used for the whole job.

Car is ready for Download

Last edited:
It was the mid eightees. Simracing wasn't a thing yet, it was all pixels and arcade back then. Driving with the best joysticks and just one button ! :D

Enduro was for me by far the most favourite game I played on the Atari 2600. And it had time and weather chances ! From the forest to the desert to snowy lakes. Sure, it wasn't 3D at all , but the feel and gameplay was just that simple and yet seriously though to get to the final level.. #neverforget :D

Hate to be that guy because I love the livery and have downloaded it... but isn't this against the rules?

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- Games based on racing/driving games are not allowed.
:nervous:

Hate to be that guy because I love the livery and have downloaded it... but isn't this against the rules?

:nervous:
I probably should have written that rule better but that was aimed at banning GT/NFS/GTA/Forza etc liveries. I wanted to avoid a copy of another games livery in GT. I think Enduro is old enough to be allowed.

FINAL ENTRY

This livery is done for Spunland, a game that was on PlayStation Home back on the PS3. Spunland was a very active space and a complete trip the first time you discovered it. There were many interesting characters, some which I've included in the livery.

The hood design just sort of happened. Was trying to do something else and the air vents kept getting in the way. At one point, I put a flat single color circle design decal I had gotten from discovery in the background to try and break things up a bit. After many failed attempts to get the design to work, I began to wonder if I could make the circles 'pop' a bit. I am very satisfied with how it worked out and circles are a big part of Spunland.

I probably should have written that rule better but that was aimed at banning GT/NFS/GTA/Forza etc liveries. I wanted to avoid a copy of another games livery in GT. I think Enduro is old enough to be allowed.

I've mentioned earlier I was busy with this game and didn't got a warming and I assumed earlier that it was indeed for preventing Forza etc liveries.

Sorry guys I won't be able to make anything this week.

So much work and still not in my new home...

Dino Crisis on PS1 was one of my favorite games back in 1999.
Capcom,the maker of Dino Crisis,did released a couple months ago some remakes of old games like Onimusma and Resident Evil. There are rumors Dino Crisis is next in line to release as a remake for PS4.

Since I had troubles to come up with a nineties car/livery ,I took the liberty to go for a more up to date look.

Plan is to download Onimusha for a trip down of memory lane and hope that Dino Crisis will soon follow as a download.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Didn't have time to do what i wanted so, I went with a simple Mario livery.
I searched a fan-art I liked and did it as a decal. I choose the Lancer Evo because decals can be put on the rear windows and did a 'Marlboro' like design on the bonnet to add some red on the car.

Hope you like it.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/gtsport/user/livery/3599907/1/8224216140549719096

Back