The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 29 (Games) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 103 comments
Okay, so, neither of my original ideas were going to be feasible with the time available, so I threw this together using an idea I'd started for a Darth Maul inspired car... the game in question was a pretty average PS2 title...

latest

... m'eh, it was that or nothing.

FINAL ENTRY

Zone of the Enders
The 2nd Runner

Once again, I finished my livery just in time! In fact, I went for the Porsche this evening because I wasn't satisfied of my previous attempts (Atenza Gr.3, Lancer Gr.3, NSX Gr.2).

Zone of the Enders and its sequel are third person shoother/hack 'n slash games with mechas (called "Orbital Frames") which take place on space (Mars or Jupiter mainly). The game was developed by Konami with the help of Hideo Kojima.

I wanted a livery which could be nice even without the characters, but still a way to show them large enough. I also decided to do a "real" race livery instead of an Art Car, so I added some sponsors (oil, brakes, tyres...). There is no race number for a cleaner look, though. And the drivers names are a reference of the two main characters of the game featured on each side of the car : Dingo Egret and Ken Marinaris. The mecha on the roof is the "bad guy", Anubis, an almost invincible Orbital Frame.

The base colour is O1 small flakes which gives a strong metallic red effect, with some orange gradients from the bottom of the car as a reminder of the two colours of the Konami logo at the time the game was launched.

Obviously the decals took most of the time in the making of this livery, and even if I don't get many votes because of the high level of the competitors, I'm quite happy of what I've achieved.

This is a PNG export of the SVG files I've made for the livery.

Click on the image to see it full size

Edit :
Livery shared :
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/livery/1276435/1/8286649707078353952

Last edited:
- - END OF THIS ROUND - -​

No new entries beyond this point. You can still correct/update your pictures before I launch the poll tonight.

I was afraid we would not reach the 20 entries mark, but with 8 (!) new liveries in the last 24 hours, we close this round with 21 great competitors. The poll will feature 3 choices.

Ack...bummed that I didn't get a chance to participate in this one. I wanted to make a livery based on one of the games I've worked on, but didn't have time because I'm too busy...working on games.

Ack I finally have an idea for a livery right as the comp is ending. Hopefully I can be more timely in the next one.

:bowdown::bowdown:
We have a winner chaps

You even got the proper names on it too!! Mega work. I don’t know how you guys do such clean line work but this livery is insane. I hope you share it!!

those decals!!?? you madman...amazing work

Although I do appreciate the comments and indeed spent some hours on my decals, I’m not the only one. Just check these out (and it’s only a few from the full set of this round!).

A1384186-6C6A-468F-8729-631E22CB63DF.jpeg

7D515FB5-A1F3-496F-AE53-A71295B1FCFC.jpeg

807EC07E-6743-4847-A53A-73014E13D080.jpeg

430047A2-65E6-43AB-8544-70B4CDBF2F53.jpeg

Back