The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 40 (Fantasy Brands) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 169 comments
FINAL ENTRY

I hope this meets the thumbnail size rules (and the rest of the rules) Speaking of which I am going to attempt to justify having 2 cars in the photos by saying that it's all the same livery, based on the colour of the car you already have. Livery mainly based on the red version but you can see better what is going on on the silver one (which may or may not be a good thing :))

Apart from meeting the rules, I was hoping to 'raise the waistline' of the car; the actual waistline is at the height of the headlights, which is cute but a bit portly looking. No room for cute when yer driffttiiinnggg!! Did this with a comb line decal which gives a nice moire effect when the car is in motion as a bonus :), other than that slap some drift stickers on, a bit of bodywork, 3D skull on the back et voila! :)

I recognise some of the people on here from their great livery work in the game, so have no real aspirations here other than to set myself a deadline. I've had nothing but unfinished liveries for too long now, so thanks to all you guys who take the time to run this thread, much appreciated :)

Hopefully get a few detail shots up in a spoiler later.

FINAL ENTRY

This was a livery I made before the decal upload function arrived. I quite liked the Jupiter&Co. logo and the option of color or full white led me to this design. Full mattblack as a space theme and for contast to the white logos and accents. I made the rear full white as a nod to the Le Mans Vettes having the rear contrast to the rest of the car. This is all masked over a colorshift paint that accents the stripes. Hope you like it. It's my favorite of my early original designs.

I'm gonna try to do something this evening, sorry I've had too much work.
Really sorry but I won't be there for this one.
It's almost 11pm here and I'm too tired to start something now...

FINAL ENTRY

I wanted to do a color swap on my livery, and also wanted to use the in game images. I felt using an uploaded sticker violated the spirit of this contest. I used the in game shape tools to change the colors behind the APEX logo. There is a lot of masking going on on this "simple" design. It may look simple, but I have close to 175 stickers on the body.

Finally got Internet back at home so I could upload my entry last night.

So here is the Peugeot RCZ Racing Cup sponsored by Voyage en automobile. I’m surprised no one else use this sponsor because the colours are great! Although I must admit that the in-game decals come with a white or black background (as seen on the side skirt and the bumpers) so I redraw the logo Inkscape to get rid of it.

As I owned an RCZ myself, I wanted to do something for it for a long time. Instead of the exuberant Gr.3, I wanted to stay with the more realistic Gr.4. The RCZ Racing Cup is an affordable racing series, mostly in France, and I can’t imagine « Voyage » being the sponsor of a top tier series so it will fit nicely. I’ve followed the identification sheet for the mandatory sponsors placement and size. You may also recognize the driver... I wanted to do a little tribute to our well-known Kyle Patrick (aka @SlipZtrEm) who now is in a new Voyage en automobile himself!

Hope you’ll like it!

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

I initially planned to do a NICOLA PIZZA delivery car as the same way of the Initial D AE86, but somme people already did it perfecly.
I feel [ZERO] decal has army wibes, so I tried to do a warplane paint.
Placing all the rivet decal was a pain due to the decal limit. Even if I did a lot of svg, it still miss some at the front but I reached the 300 limit and can't delete anything else.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/fr/gts...lery/all/livery/3599907/1/8296268299232084537

@Cytoria I didn't realize we're doing two bonus pictures now; it's been a long while since I participated. Should I update my post, or is the vote-thread process already proceeding?

@Cytoria I didn't realize we're doing two bonus pictures now; it's been a long while since I participated. Should I update my post, or is the vote-thread process already proceeding?
I’ll launch the poll tomorrow evening if only my Internet works fine. I couldn’t even upload my entry yet! You can update your post until then.

FINAL ENTRY

Peugeot RCZ Racing Cup « Voyage en Automobile »

Finally got Internet back at home so I could upload my entry last night.

So here is the Peugeot RCZ Racing Cup sponsored by Voyage en automobile. I’m surprised no one else use this sponsor because the colours are great! Although I must admit that the in-game decals come with a white or black background (as seen on the side skirt and the bumpers) so I redraw the logo Inkscape to get rid of it.

As I owned an RCZ myself, I wanted to do something for it for a long time. Instead of the exuberant Gr.3, I wanted to stay with the more realistic Gr.4. The RCZ Racing Cup is an affordable racing series, mostly in France, and I can’t imagine « Voyage » being the sponsor of a top tier series so it will fit nicely. I’ve followed the identification sheet for the mandatory sponsors placement and size. You may also recognize the driver... I wanted to do a little tribute to our well-known Kyle Patrick (aka @SlipZtrEm) who now is in a new Voyage en automobile himself!

Hope you’ll like it!

I eventually could upload my entry last night.

I’ve originally planned to use the same Gilles Tiplanette or Jean Turismeau driver as in the LEC #20, but after I read this news, I switched to pay a tribute to @SlipZtrEm . Thank you for your trust and to gave me the opportunity to take care of the PMC you were running for so many years.

Bon voyage, Kyle!

- - END OF THIS ROUND - -
- - END OF THE LEC SEASON 4 - -

What a way to close this fourth season of our livery editor competition! A great theme, focused on the game itself to celebrate its second anniversary, and 30 awesome entries, from veterans to rookies.
It could even have been 32 if @stepsinpairs and @sturk0167 have finalised their entries.

Thank you for your support and your participation. After the vote for this round, stay tuned for some stats as usual.

Let's go to the poll now!

Back