The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 40 (Fantasy Brands) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 169 comments
MMX
@KK78 I think the white looked better.

Well I can't win them all, in fact, I hardly win any :D I pondered over it for some time and although the white one also looked better with the new roof I picked the grey and I can't change it again but I appreciate your feedback!

Nice work - if you could tilt the side decals slightly so that they're in line with the door sills, it'll be even better.

Thank you for the amazing and diverse liveries so far, everyone - keep them coming!

+1. Huuuuge Denso vibes on the white version.

Well if the boss permits it I may well change it back as the Denso vibe was very much what I was going for with the original, if it has to stay as it is though so be it.

FINAL ENTRY

These will most likly get some polish to them. it's not %100 ready, but I wanted to get my idea out. These are %100 the in game images, just with a lot of masking.
I think that the sponsors on the deep purple would look better and stand out more in white rather than black, other than that looks good!!

I think that the sponsors on the deep purple would look better and stand out more in white rather than black, other than that looks good!!

You're probably right. It still needs some work. But I haven’t seen any body else do a color swap on the logo and stay within the rules. I’m not sure if any other sponsor is even capable of doing it.

You're probably right. It still needs some work. But I haven’t seen any body else do a color swap on the logo and stay within the rules. I’m not sure if any other sponsor is even capable of doing it.
You are allowed downloadable decals

If it‘s the main sponsor user made decals are also fine I guess 💡

That kind of takes away from the contest doesn’t it? If you look at the Apex decals, you can math back how I did mine. But using user made versions feels like cheating.

That kind of takes away from the contest doesn’t it? If you look at the Apex decals, you can math back how I did mine. But using user made versions feels like cheating.
I worded that wrong. You can use user made Toyo and eibach etc.

The rules clearly say 'No restrictions' on any user-made decals, including those for Fantasy Brands. By the way, great colour swap!

As long as it‘s a brand that‘s from the fantasy brand decal section of the game, yes

So, someone could have created an entire new logo for Pacific Coast Radio, and used it for their main sponsor?

I’m pretty sure everyone thought you had to use the in game fantasy sponsors, as they are in the game.

Honestly, is there too much going on here with the faded rectangles, the spots & the spikes?
I started on this months ago thinking that someone would use this theme for a contest.

I don't think the spots add anything to the design, and I'm not a huge fan of the white wheels haha but I like the general look of the car!

I’m pretty sure everyone thought you had to use the in game fantasy sponsors, as they are in the game.

I did create some new SVGs based on the original Penrose Tackie logos in order to fit better, but I tried to keep them as similar to the originals as possible for the same reason.

4xGftv3.png

Last edited:
So, someone could have created an entire new logo for Pacific Coast Radio, and used it for their main sponsor?

No but if you need the PCR logo in full white of full black and the game only offers coloured versions, you can create it, like @LaSupra did.

Also, in-game decals can’t be squeezed or skewed which can be an issue for some placement.

Can we really not just take the photos wherever, however we want to? I'm asking because I can't follow the picture taking instructions. I painted a car, but can't get a photo in the way it's described.
The first location, I can't even find. The second one I guess I found. It's cloudy, with a little bit of glare from above and behind?
I tried taking a photo there, but had problems. The aperture can't be adjusted, and when I adjust the other settings in the way described, the car ends up looking like a dark colored blob.

Can we really not just take the photos wherever, however we want to? I'm asking because I can't follow the picture taking instructions. I painted a car, but can't get a photo in the way it's described.
The first location, I can't even find. The second one I guess I found. It's cloudy, with a little bit of glare from above and behind?
I tried taking a photo there, but had problems. The aperture can't be adjusted, and when I adjust the other settings in the way described, the car ends up looking like a dark colored blob.
Sorry to sound horrible but no. This is a livery contest. Having the same style of background gives each livery a fair chance. If we opened it up, you’d have people biased to certain cars in certain locations.

You must be doing something wrong. Tomorrow I’ll make a tutorial.

Sorry to sound horrible but no. This is a livery contest. Having the same style of background gives each livery a fair chance. If we opened it up, you’d have people biased to certain cars in certain locations.

You must be doing something wrong. Tomorrow I’ll make a tutorial.
It was when I moved the contrast to 250 that everything went dark.
I'll try to follow the process again tomorrow morning. 👍

Probably won't make much difference. It's not that good of a design. :lol:
I was just messing around with negative space, because I haven't tried that, yet. 💡

Back