The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 40 (Fantasy Brands) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 169 comments
Got the same main sponsor as another entry but the car and livery are so different I should be OK. I expected a fair few duplicate main sponsors anyway.

As soon as I saw the michigan logo I thought it would be a good starting point for a red, white and blue design, and I've been wanting to do one for the Mustang for a little while, throw a bit of metal flake in there as well and I'm happy with how it turned out :cheers:

Bit of a shocker making this livery when I realised that Penrose Tackie was an actual person who worked for Sony. :lol:

As we're all aware, the Mitsubishi GTO/3000GT hasn't had as many ventures into motorsport as it's other JDM natives, but it doesn't stop us from fantasising what could've been. Here is a theoretical entrant to the 1991/92 JTCC season; home to all kinds of Skylines, M3s, Sierras and Civics. I did create a few logos tightly based on the original Penrose Tackie logos that I've used, but only to fit to the style of livery I was going for better. The time period was also a limiter, as typical '91/'92 JTCC liveries didn't have a gigaton of sponsors dotted around the car, and the designs were mostly geometric (apart from the AXIA Skyline & JACCS Civic)

Bit of a shocker making this livery when I realised that Penrose Tackie was an actual person who worked for Sony. :lol:

As we're all aware, the Mitsubishi GTO/3000GT hasn't had as many ventures into motorsport as it's other JDM natives, but it doesn't stop us from fantasising what could've been. Here is a theoretical entrant to the 1991/92 JTCC season; home to all kinds of Skylines, M3s, Sierras and Civics. I did create a few logos tightly based on the original Penrose Tackie logos that I've used, but only to fit to the style of livery I was going for better. The time period was also a limiter, as typical '91/'92 JTCC liveries didn't have a gigaton of sponsors dotted around the car, and the designs were mostly geometric (apart from the AXIA Skyline & JACCS Civic)

When damn, I always thought it was a fishing supplies store called ‘PENROSE TACKLE’ :lol::confused:

When damn, I always thought it was a fishing supplies store called ‘PENROSE TACKLE’ :lol::confused:
:lol: Initially I thought it was an 'L' too. Google searches of the separate words indicated that 'Tackie' was another word for tyres, until I searched the whole name. I guess Penrose Tackie is now a popular tyre company in the early 90's. :lol:

The Petroheads Racing team decided to take the F1 GTR out of the museum and replace the Plain black paint with a new wrap in preparation for some historic races for the upcoming season. Working along with the sister company Lempel technologies, they gained sponsor from Harman Logistics and painted the car in a scheme to match. Reminiscent of the classic F1 GTR liveries, they tried to stay period correct and avoided modern design.

P.s the lines on this car are a real pain in the ass and at certain camera angles, show up all blurred and blotchy!

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

FINAL ENTRY

BTCC inspired Lempel technology A45 AMG

LINK

FINAL ENTRY
Lempel Technologies GT-R
Ok, now I'm definitely going with plan B :irked: :lol:

Nice work there too guys :cheers:

I don’t have a story for this one, but I’ve wanted to have a crack at a Super GT/DTM livery for a while and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. I was originally going with Lempel as the sponsor but just didn’t like how the logo looked and boy, am I glad I swapped!

Been also trying to play around with sponsor colouring, having them nicely contrast with the car in a way that balances out the whole look of the car. I also, as ever, try and make the sponsors look like the real deal and have them placed properly on the car.

At least they're all different.
I wasn't having a pop. I appreciate the different interpretations, it's like a contest within a contest.

I think the nature of the theme was always going to throw up a few "duplicates" of sorts. But so far all the entrants with common main sponsors, all have their own unique looks 👍.

Looks like a good round and a very tough fight for top spot :). There are some absolute crackers in there :drool:.

Back