• 83 comments
FINAL ENTRY

6197539131933853188_0.jpg

6197539134083432964_0.jpg

5909316452365631492_0.jpg

8142605985169573400_0.jpg

8143168935527745048_0.jpg

Last edited:

Lufthansa started to introduce their new fleet. After giving you champagne, lobster and caviar on their flights in the Super Constellation, you will now be stuffed into a small aluminium tube with 200 other people. In your hands will be a bag of pretzels and a plastic cup with orange juice. Your knees will become one with the seat in front of you. But hey, you cheapskate 60's boys and girls, shut up! That's what you were asking for! If you want luxury across the Atlantic, get your self a cabin in a oceanliner.

The marketing department of Lufthansa decided to spend some money on good advertising to promote their new jet fleet. What would be better than a Mini doing a endurance race? They didn't know. So they decided this is an good idea.

Team Ringkurier and their driver Prinz von Bayern desperatley needed a main sponsor for their Mini Cooper and happily accepted the Lufthansa deal.

And that's the story behind this Mini. Thank you for reading and please have fun with the competition and the other beautiful entries!

(Edited the Final Entry. Fixed some faults)

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
I went with a more japanese approach for my entry and made it a fictional entry for the 1967 Japan GP. The car's main sponsor is my very own tire shop who is a Bridgestone sales point. Other sponsors include well known companies like RS Watanabe (they supplied the rims), STP for lubrication and our official team photographer is equiped with some nice Minolta gear :dopey:

Funnily, PD modeled the rear license plate tilted :lol:

FINAL ENTRY
Vulcan Racing Squadron Mini

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
Vulcan Racing Squadron Mini

Wanted to use this entry to showcase a couple of logos I created recently for a fictional car manufacturer of my own. The idea is that Vulcan is an esteemed British maker famous for dynamic sports saloons and coupes, which at some point during the 1960s acquired a few Minis to test the capabilities of a front-wheel drive platform. Vulcan Racing Squadron - the company's recently-formed motorsport division - were tasked with modifying a handful of these Minis with rollcages, suspension, gearboxes and engines from their homologation specials to truly push the car to its limits. Though BMC were inevitably unhappy when they found out about this, the results impressed Vulcan enough for them to develop and introduce their own front-wheel drive hatchback by the end of the decade.

Though no plans were made to take these Minis racing, at least one car (registered VRS 045) was known to have been painted up in several trial liveries to determine a new factory racing scheme. One of the schemes featured a metallic green base (H45, S100, V22) with light bluish grey bonnet stripes and roof (H50, S9, V77), flanked by striking diagonal grey stripes across the doors. It is in this scheme which the vehicle wears following a recent restoration by Vulcan Heritage.

UPDATE 1: Added Gallery link in main post.
UPDATE 2: Images replaced with new set featuring a plain helmet (thanks to @Nuschel01 for the tip! :)).

Last edited:
Anyone else had a bug where if you don't add any decals to the standard Arai GP-6 helmet, the default decals/top logo will still show up even if they're not visible or selected in the Livery Editor?

I first tried to revise my helmet design twice so that it complies fully with the rules, but each time I saved it, the default decals/top logo always reappeared on preview images or driver avatars. The same thing happened when I created a new blank helmet design with no logos selected at all. Eventually found a workaround by placing a decal immediately behind the visor so it wasn't visible on the helmet itself, but am not sure whether this would be allowed under the rules.

Last edited:
Not much to say here really, lack of ideas lead to the traditional stripes and checkers, in a rather patriotic colour scheme.
Also, I decided that the race needed its own number plate, mixing the green of the Goodwood logo along with the orange of my team. Oh and Shell snuck its way in as title sponsor it seems, saying something about promoting races with more economical cars during some sort of oil crisis, I don't know I didn't ask.

Just something quick and simple, which took me way too long regardless... Inkscape didn't like me, and the decal uploader put up more of a fight.

Didn't know what I was going to do when I started.

I've checked which "vintage" decals I had in stock, checked if the related companies existed before the 60's and let the thing go its way.

I went for a black and yellow livery because Caterpillar was supposed to be the main sponsor.
It finally wasn't the only one but I liked it like that so I kept it that way.

Each sponsor decal is doubled or tripled to have a black and or white and or yellow shadow (Need probably to look closely to see that).

Many thanks to @McDotter for my personal Sian Jugà Coursa decal, I'll use it on many other liveries!

NB: the livery is not shared yet.

Last edited:
Back