The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 49 (Wrap like a King) - CLOSED

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cytoria
  • 140 comments
  • 11,579 views
This Jaguar E-Type is a remiscence to the warbirds of the RAF. The "nose art" is a sketch of Winston Churchill, who replaces proudly the stereotypical Pin Up Girls you will find on the American counterparts. To give the Jag with this wrapjob a hint towards the aluminium lightweight E-Types, I have choosen to give it a blank metal belt behind the hood and add airplane rivets to it.

God save the Queen!

 
Last edited:

Continuing my run of glorious failure with an E92 homage to the E46 Spa entrants, with the weathered car post race and bonus shots of it getting dirty.
I’m sorry but this not a N or Gr.4 car...

Also for you next entry, may I suggest that you zoom a lot more on your main pictures? 640px is not that big, and you should use most of the frame with the car, especially with such weathering details.
 
Well ****.

There are rules then.

Except the deadline one. That's not a rule.
 
Well ****.

There are rules then.

Except the deadline one. That's not a rule.

I really appreciate the work on your BMW, this looks really cool! Hopefully you will find another car for this competition you want to invest as much time! :cheers:
 
:lol:

Yeah @Cytoria !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!! How dare you allow a bit of leeway on the submission date because people have jobs and real life stuff!
Some of us just want to be able to do what ever the hell we want!:mad:


love you really @Cytoria

I've deleted it. Sorry for the upset.
 
:lol:

Yeah @Cytoria !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!! How dare you allow a bit of leeway on the submission date because people have jobs and real life stuff!
Some of us just want to be able to do what ever the hell we want!:mad:


love you really @Cytoria
I guess I’ll have to post my entry with a fair time safety this time! :D
 
Not sure if it will be definitive but here's my entry for this round.

I planned to do two of three things before I submit something but I'm not sure I'll have time to do everything so...

Inspired by the Karin Futo featured in the GTA series.

It won't be beautiful but it remains quite Sport Mode Safe, with the GT number plates coming where they will ruin the design less...
(this last sentence doesn't sound good to my ears but I don't know how to say it better! :D )
 
@Baliwa is that camo pattern a square decal from the library and if yes, how did you manage to have such great transitions from the sides to the roof and front/rear of the car?
 
@Baliwa is that camo pattern a square decal from the library and if yes, how did you manage to have such great transitions from the sides to the roof and front/rear of the car?
Since you can see the base colour beneath, my guess is more about a transparent pavage tile with the shapes, so you don’t have straight cuts and it’s easier to apply (easier but not easy).

F7AF7B44-0254-4F2D-9090-A0314AF55097.png

I’m also impressed by the subtle carbon camo pattern on the hood and the trunk, lovely attention to detail.
 
@Baliwa is that camo pattern a square decal from the library and if yes, how did you manage to have such great transitions from the sides to the roof and front/rear of the car?

Angle and depth thing and taking use camera projection

I’m also impressed by the subtle carbon camo pattern on the hood and the trunk, lovely attention to detail.

well it will bland without that hahahaha
 
FINAL ENTRY

EVANGELION TEST UNIT 01 AM:ZERO ''VULCAN''


Livery here
Well...I WAS going all in on a BAPE machine but @Baliwa beat me to the punch so I went back to my 4th concept, the unit 01 Test Unit from Evangelion. The challenge here is actually holding back, as weird as that seems. I had the urge to place wheel, oil, motor sponsors but really had to remember what I was designing for with this one
 
Well...I WAS going all in on a BAPE machine but @Baliwa beat me to the punch so I went back to my 4th concept, the unit 01 Test Unit from Evangelion. The challenge here is actually holding back, as weird as that seems. I had the urge to place wheel, oil, motor sponsors but really had to remember what I was designing for with this one
If you release that Bape first I'll put this anyway :lol:
20200221125926.jpg
 
I cancel this entry.

As we can change it just once I'll wait a few days to let me do something else than my Fugu Z if I have the time to.
 
FINAL ENTRY

​
I wanted to do a wrap that was realistic, to a point but found it hard to come up with an idea. It was only when I was looking into more R8 LMS liveries that something clicked... and what is more ‘wrap king’ than the tragic messes that enter the Gumball 3000’s? :sly:

The R8 LMS liveries are a work in progress that I did to complement my entry... just need to work on the middle one now!

When all three are done I’ll share the lot and update my post
 
Back