The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 54 (Space Race) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 113 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
For my first ever entry I wanted to go with a "patriotic" approach. The design is based on the first re-usable rocket made in Spain, the Arion-2, expected to be launched in 2022 to take us back to the moon! It was made both by the Spanish Space Program and a private company, PLD Space.
I tried to make this Sport Mode compatible, but the number plates in this car are placed in a weird position and they interfere with what I originally wanted with this design.
P.D: chose the McLaren F1 because its a ROCKET on the straights. Get it?
Welcome here!
:gtpflag:
You have to set your images as « public » and not « private » because we can’t see your pictures yet.

I decided to just move the number on the side back a touch and it doesn't look as bad as I feared. The one on the bonnet/front was just rotated so the sport mode number covers it too.

Another thing I noticed is that the real car has the US flag on the wrong way round on one side of the car! They're fine on the other side but I didn't replicate that.

upload_2020-5-2_19-16-19.png
upload_2020-5-2_19-18-30.png

Last edited:
Another thing I noticed is that the real car has the US flag on the wrong way round on one side of the car! They're fine on the other side but I didn't replicate that.

those flags in the photo look like the right way to me. It’s actually proper flag display to have the right side flag with the stars in the upper right. It should be displayed as it would be seen if the car were in motion and the flag was flying freely. That’s also why the flag comes after the names on the right side - to appear before the name when in motion.

random fact for your day.
Glad to see your Saturn V made it too

Last edited:
those flags in the photo look like the right way to me. It’s actually proper flag display to have the right side flag with the stars in the upper right. It should be displayed as it would be seen if the car were in motion and the flag was flying freely. That’s also why the flag comes after the names on the right side - to appear before the name when in motion.

random fact for your day.
Glad to see your Saturn V made it too

Pinapari is not only the winner of the last LEC, he also knows some serious stuff about the US Flag Code. :cheers:

Elon Musk and the SpaceX programme realise the usual Mars rover is too slow, so they've partnered up with Citroen to use the Gr.3 car due to its futuristic looks to blend in with the environment as it skates across the surface, with the top decals set to mimic the surface of Mars and the Chrome bottom to reflect heat off of the car, with his signature approval on the rear wing, homage paid to the union of France and USA by the roof scoop, SpaceX as the primary sponsor, the F9 to get it to Mars as a secondary sponsor and the usual sponsors from the Gr.3 car

FINAL ENTRY

Download Livery

The European Space Agency decided to test alternative energy-sources in the upcoming le mans endurance race in 2021 with a research prototype.
The prototype chassis is an old Audi R18 from 2011. Gone is the TDI-Engine and instead they installed some mystery machinery which nobody can understand, or at least I'm not able to.
Details are secret but one day the technology could be ready to change the world.
To draw the attention of the public the prototype wears a livery which looks from above like a meteoroid, hence the nickname of this prototype "The Meteoroid".
Rumors say the mystery energy source could be derived from meteoroids. We will see.

Elon Musk and the SpaceX programme realise the usual Mars rover is too slow, so they've partnered up with Citroen to use the Gr.3 car due to its futuristic looks to blend in with the environment as it skates across the surface, with the top decals set to mimic the surface of Mars and the Chrome bottom to reflect heat off of the car, with his signature approval on the rear wing, homage paid to the union of France and USA by the roof scoop, SpaceX as the primary sponsor, the F9 to get it to Mars as a secondary sponsor and the usual sponsors from the Gr.3 car
I am currently working on a SpaceX one as well. You know what they say about great minds

After struggling to come up with something that I thought looked good on the two GT McLaren as I wanted to keep the car appropriate I used the McLaren VGT car as it looks like a spaceship from the far future. The idea behind the livery is two fold, the first is to help promote British engineering and space technology to school children as well as to get them interested. The second is to help research advanced materials for the use of space travel and planetary rovers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back