The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 54 (Space Race) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 113 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
less of an outer-space adventure, but more of a consumer level inner-space program. Virgin galactic can take customers into lower orbit for a small price tag of $250,000. This edition in the second shuttle to be operated by Virgin Galactic named the VSS Unity.

Thanks to @Maninashed for the decal assistance. :cheers:

Last edited:
Well, the theme was a challenge and that's the best I could come up with. Celestron is a major US telescope maker and it is part of my life as an amateur astronomer (although, to be fair, I can't actually pinpoint the last time I was at the field stargazing).

What I tried to achieve was a night sky, full of planets, stars, nebulae and whatnot. Also sprinkled the livery here and there with some smoke effects, to which were applied colors, in order to give this cloudy aspect. Suppliers decals were added to give it a more motorsport appeal and, as it is the case with every livery I make, it is full Sport mode compatible.

Huge thanks to @Maninashed for once again helping with SVGs. Without him, this would not have been possible.

looks really good, love the colors! Is the second bonus pic from the Islands of Hawaii Observatory location (it is mandatory). If it is my bad.

Good work!

I went for a minimalist design on my entry. The primary sponsor is, of course, SpaceX. Elon Musk is the signature behind the United States flag. The Falcon 9 and Dragon Capsule logos are visible behind the front tires and inside the rear wing supports. The NASA logo can be seen at the front of the vehicle as well as on the outside of the wing supports. The number 62 was chosen because that is the price (in millions) it costs to purchase a Falcon 9 rocket. And of course all of this had to go on the SRT Tomahawk, the literal rocket ship in the game

I won’t be able to finish my entry or launch the new theme this night.

See you tomorrow morning for the 55th theme, and hopefully I can post my entry tomorrow evening too...

Sorry for the delay and I’ll already thank you for this round, amazing entries so far!

I won’t be able to finish my entry or launch the new theme this night.

See you tomorrow morning for the 55th theme, and hopefully I can post my entry tomorrow evening too...

Sorry for the delay and I’ll already thank you for this round, amazing entries so far!
Take your time mate, thanks for everything you do. looking forward to the new theme!

I wish I could be there but I've struggled with the Manufacturers Series yesterday and then it was too late to do something.

Congratulations and good luck to all of you guys, you've made good things once again! 👍

I have to admit I am way out of the deadline so I feel uncomfortable but I share it anyway... Let me know if I can enter the poll.

My livery is a mixture of a space shuttle with lots of technical elements and a race car with graphics. I must say that the all-matte effect looks way better in the game than on the pictures.

The car is only decorated with ESA and Arianespace decals, the ESA flags on the roof as seen on Ariane 5 rockets, and Michelin is the only « non-space » sponsor, but if you look closely you can see that Bibendum now wears a space suit... The flags and the safety decals are the only coloured elements in the car.

The car doesn’t wear a numberplate but it is Sport Mode friendly. I’ll add the link in a couple of hours.
Edit : link to the livery

Last edited:
Let me know if I can enter the poll.

I think I speak for all the other members of this place, if we give you permission for lift off :cheers:

giphy.gif

I have to admit I am way out of the deadline so I feel uncomfortable but I share it anyway... Let me know if I can enter the poll.

My livery is a mixture of a space shuttle with lots of technical elements and a race car with graphics. I must say that the all-matte effect looks way better in the game than on the pictures.

The car is only decorated with ESA and Arianespace decals, the ESA flags on the roof as seen on Ariane 5 rockets, and Michelin is the only « non-space » sponsor, but if you look closely you can see that Bibendum now wears a space suit... The flags and the safety decals are the only coloured elements in the car.

The car doesn’t wear a numberplate but it is Sport Mode friendly. I’ll add the link in a couple of hours.

Permission to launch :D

FINAL ENTRY

ESA / Arianespace R.S.01 GT3

Before I had to give up I had assembled all my decals needed, I wanted some "French" stuff and it was just exactly the same!

I guess I'm lucky not to have to suffer the comparison! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back