The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 56 (Masters of the Green Hell) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 171 comments
Literally just did a full replica of the Walkenhorst Total #36. I was about to upload just bow and decided to read the rules again. Well that was 4 hours wasted. Oh well, I'll keep this one in the pocket

My undertanding is that a replica should replicate the real thing so close you can't spot the difference. So using the exact livery on the exact same car is for me a replica.
If you put an existing livery on a different car, for me that is something I would call "based on". And then there are new intepretations of a existing livery design which I would call "inspired by". These are "original liveries". Maybe to clear things up, the rule should say: no replicas.
If that's what @Slender_Man had in mind.
Right now I'm searching for companies which never made a race car livery and try to intepretate the cooperate design and try to make it look as if it already was racing the VLN. That should be the most accurate definition of original and probably the safest way :D

Last edited:
I was aiming for original designs.... BUT I am willing to allow interpretations/based on cars as well. As long as it’s not a full blown replica
It’s good for this round 👍

There’s a post by me on the first page with a AMG GT3 in a Le Mans livery converted to N24 I put out to give some inspiration/idea of what I was looking for...

My undertanding is that a replica should replicate the real thing so close you can't spot the difference. So using the exact livery on the exact same car is for me a replica.
If you put an existing livery on a different car, for me that is something I would call "based on". And then there are new intepretations of a existing livery design which I would call "inspired by". These are "original liveries". Maybe to clear things up, the rule should say: no replicas.
If that's what @Slender_Man had in mind.
Right now I'm searching for companies which never made a race car livery and try to intepretate the cooperate design and try to make it look as if it already was racing the VLN. That should be definition of original and probably the safest way :D

Hum. It seems you’ve just described what a livery designer job is. :D

I was aiming for original designs.... BUT I am willing to allow interpretations/based on cars as well. As long as it’s not a full blown replica
It’s good for this round 👍

There’s a post by me on the first page with a AMG GT3 in a Le Mans livery converted to N24 I put out to give some inspiration/idea of what I was looking for...

Seems good to me.
Thanks guys.

My "inspired by" "original livery" will remain unchanged based on the above.
Looking forward to seeing what others come up with, as always.

Hum. It seems you’ve just described what a livery designer job is. :D
Yeah I know what you mean. Taken time to process everything that's been said in the thread. I just find there can be contradiction between what's an original livery or not. You guys have been doing these competitions for ages now and the majority have a fair idea what is meant by "original". I'm on board with your thought process with this now.

I think it would be a good idea to confirm what exactly is allowed in terms of decals and what isn't though.

So if I take one of my replica designs, change the colors of the design and apply VLN/ N24 sponsors I should be fine, right? :D

FINAL ENTRY

Granvalley Hitotsuyama VLN

link

I always wondering if more Japanese team come to VLN or N24, and this is my entry Hitotsuyama VLN, I only take cue from their last and this year rims that use 6 spokes from Rays (although not same model but still on same styling). If this can't be on challenge just tell me I'll change the entry.

Also I use 25 instead 21 is more like relationship between Hitotsuyama and WRT in racing​

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
#208 VLN LEGO Speed Champions x MINI Cooper S (V2T Class)

This is easily the most work I've put in a livery for a while, almost 400 total layers!

Inspired by the LEGO Speed Champions MINI Cooper (for the idea), and a custom-made LEGO Technic MINI Cooper (for the design).

Also I've come up with a full-blown made up fanfic to explain the livery but I feel like it's too long to put it here. If you guys wanna read it I'll type it into a Word document and I'll attach it here!

Last edited:
Just a question, if I am going to use a Gr. 4 car, what would be the appropriate number plate for it? I'm not familiar enough with endurance racing

The numberplate doesn’t change depending on the class (unlike other series). ROWE for VLN and Zurich/Total for N24.
I wasn't sure if the classes were separated in different series' though. Like Gr.4 is only seen in VLN and Gr.3 is only N24

Mazda had a big year planned for 2021 as a continuation of its 100th year anniversary, Celebrated in a more tonned down style throughout 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. As the world started to heal, the plan was to position Mazada as a more sportive brand with a bigger appeal on the west and for that job a diversity of factory backed efforts in prestigious races were proposed. Perhaps the most high profile of them was the Nurburgring 24H with the RX9 in its GT3 form.

The 30th anniversary of Mazdas's biggest win also did not went unoticed: in 1991, the 787b got the overall win at Le Mans, the first by a Japanese manufacturer, and in order to also celebrate that milestone, the cars would have been in orange and green colors in a design reminiscent of the old Renown sponsor featured on the 787b. Mazda went as far as trying to secure rights to sport the brand name on the cars, but as Renonw had gone under on the pandemic, such a deal couldn't be made. Even worse, people with rights to use the Renown name basically blocked Mazda of even painting its cars with the orange and green colors (the rights to the livery itself belong to Renown, not Mazda). With the race looming ever closer, Mazda felt it wouldn't have the time to fight it on court or bet on a deal.

As a result, Mazda's marketing department went in overdrive in the search of suitable partners and the use of liveries designed by the Gran Turismo community in a contest were extensively discussed. In the end, Poliphony Digital and Sony advised against the idea due to the lack of time and proposed a partnership instead: the RX9s would be sponsored by Sony and Poliphony Digital, promoting both PlayStation 5 and the latest game by PD: Gran Turismo. Sony, PlayStation and Gran Turismo are all common names around the Nurburgring, having sponsored cars and the event itself throughout the years.

Building upon the GTSport base, Gran Turismo was a launch title for the PS5 and is the first main entry on the series to drop sufixes or numbers in the name. Poliphony Digital explained that the game would be constantly updated to a point that the studio thought it would make more sense to keep improving it through the years than refocusing the team every three years or so in the job of design a new title.

With the deal set, Sony decided to put enough money for two cars. Mazda than made an offer: a racing seat to Kazunori, provided that an agreement for more money were reached for a third car. Yamauchi wasn't keen on getting the drive because he didn't saw himself fit enough for the challenge, but somehow the invitation leaked to the press and a massive mobilization online by GT fans, GTPlanet forum members and racing drivers from all over the world who grew up playing Gran Turismo games ended up pushing Kazunori, who accepted the offer, went in a full Rocky Balboa preparation mode (a documentary crew followed the program extensively) and saw himself sharp to race without compromising the pace of his more experienced team mates: Harry Tincknell, Oliver Jarvis and René Rast.

The #555 car started on 9th place for the race, and won the race after 24 hours of grueling battle and rotary screams deep insithe the forest with Kazunori having the honor of driving the last stint. The Mazda Speed PlayStation5 RX9 #555 would, as the 787b at Le Mans, be the first Japanese car to win the N24H.

Last edited:
In an alternate reality as a part the the F1 team brought by red bull everyone's favourite backmarkers were allowed to continue to race as Minardi outside of F1. Initially starting out in GT1 cars they migrated over to GTE and GT3 Machinery.

With the 24 hours of Nürburgring being dominated by German manufacturers, Porsche and BMW in particular, the ever optimistic team decided to change that by going after the first ever win for an Italian car. The 4 driver team is made up of several ex-F1 drivers of Robert Kubica, Giancarlo Fisichella (ex Minardi F1 driver), Pastor Maldonado (tested for Minardi and was once in line for a race seat) as well as Kazanori Yamauchi bringing several N24 races of experience and that big PD money!

Very loosely based on old Minardi colour schemes and updated to fit both car and to bring it into the 21st century.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1632971/1/7791297797126358016

Last edited:
Question. Is it standard in the LECs now to quote oneself in a double-post to explain the entry now? Been away too long. :P

Question. Is it standard in the LECs now to quote oneself in a double-post to explain the entry now? Been away too long. :P
Just read the rules :P

- You have to make one post with ONLY the 4 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

FINAL ENTRY

Armor All AMG N24

full

full

full

full

ever get too deep into a livery and you know its ugly, but must continue?

Well i bring you this piece of candy corn! American car cleaning and protection company Armor All adventuring into the endurance sponsorship with Merc AMG. Hopefully this bright and colorful car will fit in with the rest of the N24 outings.

:lol:

Back