The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 56 (Masters of the Green Hell) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 171 comments
Some of you may be old enough to remember a tuning outfit known as the Mad FinnTuners Co. They fulfilled their lifelong dream of entering the Nürburgring 24h in this car, an old ex-works DBR9 detuned to roughly match the lesser DBRS9 to be eligible for the race. With Coca-Cola, in both its original and Zero variants, being the soft drink of choice for the team, they managed to clinch a contract and the car received a suitable two-coloured livery.

The names on the roof are real - they simply had to be for this occasion. And the number 10 points to both the imaginary entry year 2010 (the DBR9 was still in use back then and there was no real #10 in that year's race) and to the lead driver's birthday which - by an extremely fitting coincidence for this competition - is June 10th.

On May 22th we saw the news (link) Tag Heuer and GranTurismo would split ways somewhere between now and soon. It wasn't directly my inspiration, because I also thought about an alternative Haribo-ish livery. But then I thought about the fun I had during a night trying to get under the 8 minute mark with the RE Amemiya RX-7 (without traction control) and that thing is A BEAST !

farewell.png

So, last week on sunday evening a few minutes before I got to bed, I thought about the TAG Heuer news. Used by so many creators to finish their liveries. They look racey, they look professional, they belong to the furniture of our beloved livery editor.
So, that set.. I thought about a funny name and that became Farewell Motorsports ! This car is a beasty tribute to all the liveries that has been made with the Tag Heuer decals. During the sticker bombing, I discovered my black gradients on top of the tilted TH decals worked very well with one of the cameleon paint chips, it works like a maginifier filter. And I hope to see people would/could use this effect in the future.. maybe it's already been discovered and I missed that boat, I don't know.
Last detail I want to adress, by checking their wiki, I saw TH is 'born' in 1860. So I thought, they're 160 years old now.. Is it possible to choose your own startnumber in the VLN racing series? Don't know.. but in the virtual world everything is possible :D

So, the last words to Tag Heuer ; We would love to welcome you back, anytime - Thank You :D

(Edit: Saw some errors in my livery, have to take some new pictures+upload the minor changes)

Last edited:
Last edited:
I had made several Schulze Motorsport liveries on different cars just because love to see this big GT logo on the car, and this is the latest Schulze Motorsport liveri I made, but base on different version of GT-R:D
It had been modified back and forward so many times, I just cannot decide should I made metallic body color with chorme-like roof, or real chrome roof with painted body color.
In the end I go third option: painted body color with real chrome roof, AND real chrome door handle like original GT-R:lol:

Livery link: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/5470371/1/9007789767733052944

Last edited:
I had made several Schulze Motorsport liveries on different cars just because love to see this big GT logo on the car, and this is the latest Schulze Motorsport liveri I made, but base on different version of GT-R:D
It had been modified back and forward so many times, I just cannot decide should I made metallic body color with chorne-like roof, or chrone roof with painted body color.
In the end I go third option: painted body color with chrone roof, AND chrone door handle like original GT-R:lol:

Livery link: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/5470371/1/9007789767733052944

This is great, except, you do realize the word is "chrome" and not "chrone," right? I can understand bumping the "n" key instead of the "m" key one time, but you doing that every time makes me think that you think the word is "chrone."

This is great, except, you do realize the word is "chrome" and not "chrone," right? I can understand bumping the "n" key instead of the "m" key one time, but you doing that every time makes me think that you think the word is "chrone."
OMG that is embrassing lol thank you so much:bowdown:

Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Emil Frey "Riva"

Due to some problems caused by the COVID-19 situation, Emil Frey cancelled their plans last second to participate in the GT World Challenge. Instead they brought their Huracan to the VLN. As they were a bit in a hurry to find a suitable sponsor, they partnered again with Riva, as their sponsorship with the GT4 Huracan proved to be successful. A idiot called @ringkurier posted the GT4 car already somewhere in the internet.

Really enjoyed making this livery! Also it was in the end, to get the obligatory VLN sponsors onto the car, a bit close as I was already at the decal limit of 300. Car is completly masked to get the chromed details done.

Last edited:
My version of a Raybrig Honda NSX GT3.

As the 2020 race at the Nürburgring was cancelled due to the Corona crisis, This is what I'd imagine a Raybrig Honda would have looked like.

The chrome base color shines through the design at several points.

I hope you guys like my idea

Background:

Here it is! A bit last minute in publishing but this is my vision when I think of Nurburgring and the 24hr series as I always think of Kaz and his GT-R entry so this is my version with Tails from Sonic 2 updated for the 2020 Nurburgring sponsors!​

FINAL ENTRY
ZAKSPEED VIPER (N) VLN N24

The pitiful guys at Zakspeed had trouble finding sufficient sponsorship for their Viper-GT3 VLN project during this crashed season. So they looked around and found a used but proved road-going Viper in the back of their barn. This time it’s not all about the overall win but simply the Olympic spirit.

Last edited:
Back