Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria
BF1 REJECTS RACE AGAIN
(banner coming soon)
THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, the losers will be back. Last winner @wowbaggerBR set this theme, here are the details :

«They didn't have the money, they didn't have the talent and, most of the time, they didn't have any clue. But still, as unsuccessful as they were, they hold a special place on our hearts because they were hopeless, damn slow and unreliable, but sometimes had pretty beautiful cars to show around.

Your job this fortnight is to pay tribute to small and unsuccessful F1 teams from the past and bring them back to Life. You can choose any team you want, provided it isn't running today and that it has never finished on the podium (sorry Arrows and Leyton House fans).

Although single seaters are encouraged, you may use whatever racing car you want. You can make replicas, original creations, reinterpretations, tributes mashing up different designs from a specific team and whatnot. Give some love to our beloved underdogs.»

CARS :
- Single seaters are ideal, but you can use any race car you want.

LIVERIES :
- Original creations or replicas allowed.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- You are free to create, but your livery must be linked to an old F1 team that fit the rules
- Sport Mode compatibility is not mandatory.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- Up to Two Bonus Pictures allowed.
- One picture must be taken at a F1 track location (race photo or scapes).

USER MADE DECALS :
- No restrictions.

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

- The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
- Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

- Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
- It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
- Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

- All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
- You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
- You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
- You have to make one post with ONLY the 4 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

- It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
- Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
- No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

- You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
- You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

If it's your first entry or if you struggle with the picture settings, have a look at the tutorials below :
WHITE SANDS 1

WHITE SANDS 9

SHIRETOKO 3

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE :

July 29, 2020 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

Since it’s the holidays, the deadline will be extended to 3 weeks for this round and the next one.

Last edited:
Oh, that's a nice round! Will be exciting to hunt for some sponsors. Just checked and cancelled my idea of Walter Wolf F1 Racing, they were too successful for this LEC :boggled:

So we're a lot of rubbish teams that somehow got onto the podium , cough Jaguar cough

ATS D6

In 1983 the ATS Team took delivery of the BMW engines which also powered the Brabham cars. The car was constructed by legendary Gustav Brunner, who made on this car the first carbon fiber monocoque. The D6 proofed to be incredible fast with Winkelhock at the steering wheel, but the small ATS Team struggled to give this machine durability as they had problems with its complefity. Best result was P8 in Brands Hatch thst year, no points were made in that season.

Livery features the visible carbon fiber part of the monocoque.

Link: https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gts...lery/all/livery/1903931/1/5332289517472710672

ATS_D6_1.jpg

Last edited:
This is a terrific concept, thanks for defining it @wowbaggerBR. I toyed with this a little while ago and Made a Forti Corse Ford Mustang which I was quite pleased with. Going to go down the route of single seaters for this one though. So many fun opportunities here.

I really hope to see some Minardi liveries and will be a bit disappointed if we don't, they were the undisputed king of the backmarkers

Well, I do too. The whole idea came around from Minardis, really, after watching some old 1980s races in F1TV. They really had some great liveries back then.

Great to see people engaging with the theme.
Excited, ideas flowing into my head, larousse maybe... Dammit! they got 1 podium!

Oh, that's a nice round! Will be exciting to hunt for some sponsors. Just checked and cancelled my idea of Walter Wolf F1 Racing, they were too successful for this LEC :boggled:

Yeah, I went as far as listing every F1 team that qualifies for this LOL. Being a 90s kid, I was disappointed with the success of Arrows, Leyton House, Larrousse and Footwork, they would offer some great concepts for this, specially those black and orange Arrows from later years.

That said, there is so much rubbish F1 teams that have endured for many years. I'm sure people will start to uncover some magnificent cars.

Well, I do too. The whole idea came around from Minardis, really, after watching some old 1980s races in F1TV. They really had some great liveries back then.

Yeah, I went as far as listing every F1 team that qualifies for this LOL. Being a 90s kid, I was disappointed with the success of Arrows, Leyton House, Larrousse and Footwork, they would offer some great concepts for this, specially those black and orange Arrows from later years.

That said, there is so much rubbish F1 teams that have endured for many years. I'm sure people will start to uncover some magnificent cars.

Just throwing this out there... Do Haas qualify, along with new Racing Point (Not Force India) and AlphaTauri (Not Toro Rosso)? Just trying to avoid any FIA style loopholes as those teams have not had podiums under those names (Haas never), LOL :lol:.

Just throwing this out there... Do Haas qualify, along with new Racing Point (Not Force India) and AlphaTauri (Not Toro Rosso)? Just trying to avoid any FIA style loopholes as those teams have not had podiums under those names (Haas never), LOL :lol:.

You see, I thought about this:

You can choose any team you want, provided it isn't running today and that it has never finished on the podium (sorry Arrows and Leyton House fans)

If it is running today, it is not allowed.

Last edited:

Working on something's(yes plural) orange from the 2000's now, might get it posted tonight

Two things I miss about F1, AGIP sponsorship and Minardi. (There are others.)
What if Lamborghini hadn't left when McLaren rejected their engines in 1993
but instead invested in the Minardi team, leading to the longest partnership in history.
Alphatauri arrive in 2020 but only as a title sponsor.
I give you the Modern Minardi

Two things I miss about F1, AGIP sponsorship and Minardi. (There are others.)
What if Lamborghini hadn't left when McLaren rejected their engines in 1993
but instead invested in the Minardi team, leading to the longest partnership in history.
Alphatauri arrive in 2020 but only as a title sponsor.
I give you the Modern Minardi

Loved the idea of Minardi getting Lamborghini support and staying afloat.

A black and yellow car with Minardi written on it will always make me smile.

Loved the idea of Minardi getting Lamborghini support and staying afloat.

A black and yellow car with Minardi written on it will always make me smile.

Iconic cars for me in the early 90s.
The Minardi 191/192 cars are some of the most beautiful cars ever made.
What was it about the early 90s?

Had been meaning to try this but forgot all about it after the Audi and Mazda competitions.
Perfect time to give it a go.

Iconic cars for me in the early 90s.
The Minardi 191/192 cars are some of the most beautiful cars ever made.
What was it about the early 90s?

Had been meaning to try this but forgot all about it after the Audi and Mazda competitions.
Perfect time to give it a go.

I love those cars, the simpler shapes and the noise are the things I love the most about them.

I'll refrain from mentioning cars that qualify for this to not influence people, but going just for the ones that don't, we had those gorgeous 91 Jordans, both Ligiers and Lotus from 93 had a great design (Lotus' livery was disgusting though), so clean. The 94 Williams and th 93 McLaren are just beautiful both in looks and in sound.

Great times.

Last edited:
Back