The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 62 (Inverted Throwback) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 80 comments
FINAL ENTRY

Vodafone McLaren F1 F1

Link to livery: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1309219/1/9151390314113564688

Thanks for looking :cheers:

This is my McLaren F1 F1, I always liked this McLaren design, I've tried to use period-specific decals and think they are correct, particularly the Vodafone, Akzo Nobel and Johnie Walker decals which are definitely from the 90's period.

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
I mean, in 1990 Ken Block was 13 and Monster wasn't born yet. But it's all about fun and passion here and I would not mind to vote for it (if I would like it). :cheers:
Oh, I'm happy with the entry, but you got me thinking "What if Ken Block's (probably fictitious) older brother was doing the Gymkhana **** in 1990? Who would be sponsoring him?" ... then I was bored, and Google beckoned, and now I have a REALLY stupid idea I'd love to add to the 'grale design...

FINAL ENTRY
THE B-TEAM

Shared livery

It's all about "B"
Let's look back to the 24 hours of Le Mans 1995 and imagine that some well-known British buddies started as "The B-Team": Ross Brawn of Benetton Formula 1, Richard Branson of Virgin Records and Rallyecross Driver John Button – supported by BMW V12 power, Bridgestone tires and BBS rims. 14 years later, this McLaren's livery design resurrected in Formula 1 with Brawn GP F1 Team: Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello drove the their cars to double in the first race. Only Mercedes-Benz in 1954 achieved that before in Formula 1, maybe because they are the A-Team?

Jenson Button on Brawn GP World Champion 2009

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

What if Ken Block raced during the 60s/70s ?
Here is the past interpretation of the 2020 Ford Fiesta electric RallyCross by Hoonigan Racing Division.
I tried to keep the classic 60s and Shelby styles and go a little wild with the colored stipes to match with the Hoonigan style.
As Monster didn't exist in the 60s, I swithed it with an old coffee brand, which could be a vintage energy drink.

The links :
Shelby GT350
Focus/Fiesta ERC

FINAL ENTRY
Ken Block Gymkhana 3 Lancia Delta Integrale.

Download this, and all my liveries from my profile. If you like anything, please like, share and repost.

@Raphaele pointed out that my original livery was not period correct, so I thought back to my uni time in the 1990s cramming computer time in the early hours and trying this new, expensive, highly caffeinated 'energy' drink Jolt Cola.

Of course, Ken Block (if transported to 1990) would be drinking Jolt Cola - it was obvious. If he was into Skate shoes DC shoes didn't exist in 1990, but Etnies did. Castrol Edge would have been Castrol GTX, the 1990's Fiat group wouldn't have missed the opportunity and everything they sponsored carried the company's own lubricants brand (Oliofiat) - did anyone seriously believe the F1 cars ran the same oil as a Panda?

So my entry has been tweaked, period correct logos applied, but the design hasn't fundamentally changed. If you like it, you can download from my profile.

Nearly on time, a GEAR Countach, because pop art looks a bit 70s anyway, so it seemed an easy option, and 'gear' is the sort of slang people impressed each other with back then (I think).

I made it a mid 70's Imsa entry in the GTO class, used the Union 76 number for the sake of sport mode compatibility (it could pass for a sponsor on the hood?). The drivers are Bonnie Henn (of the T-bird Swap Shop Henns), whose name sounds a bit like a Scottish compliment, and Kathy Rude. There is a possibility I'll make this a Swap Shop team car, but tbh there are a few more decals I need to make first, I didn't quite get there but it is close enough. I was really hoping to get this in early this time to ask for opinions on that sort of thing, ho-hum. BTW big thank you to NBDesignz for the fab Camel GT decal :cheers:.

Edit: added further shots, cheers

Last edited:
- - END OF THIS ROUND - -​

With 28 entries, this theme was very popular (although not reaching the mindblowing popularity of the Modern Throwback round).

We'll look at various designs and intrepretations, from Le Mans racers to smaller road cars, so once again the poll will be interesting.
You can already vote here :

POLL : The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 62 (Inverted Throwback) - OPEN

Back