• 100 comments

Cytoria

Premium
France
France
Cytoria
WORLD TOUR

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, we're competing in the GT World Tour events. Last winner @Azabear6 set this theme, here are the details :

"I have really enjoyed the racing at the World Tour events. The commentary and quality of racing has at times been truely captivating. What I have found disappointing is the liveries that have been run. Rather basic, with Gran Turismo decals obscured by number boards etc. I have felt they have been a bit slapped together.

I hope with this challenge we can show the skills on offer from the GT Livery community and have designers skills on display at the World Tour events also.

How? For this challenge we imagine that designers have been selected to produce a livery design for the next World Tour Nations Cup Championship. It does not have to necessarily be your Country but you need to design based off the country's flag colours. The primary sponsor is Gran Turismo and must be prominent on the sides and rear spoiler. Partners such as Michelin and Alpha must be used along with the flag of the nation you represent. GT numberboard 2 must be used and it cannot obscure any sponser logos. The car is your choice so do a one make livery, Gr3 or VGT concept.

Really let your creativity shine and don't be shy. Don't get bogged down by doing a livery that could cater for other flag colours etc cause under this idea the whole grid would be diverse with the designers skill and nations colours on display along with the drivers!"

CARS :
- No restrictions.

LIVERIES :
- Original designs.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- The livery must use the colours of the Country you've chosen.
- Gran Turismo must be the main sponsor (at least one on each side and one on the rear spoiler)
- GT Numberboard 02 must be used (Sport Mode compatible).

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- Up to Three Bonus Pictures allowed.
- One scape and two race photos.

USER MADE DECALS :
- No restrictions.

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

- The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
- Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

- Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
- It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
- Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

- All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
- You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
- You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
- You have to make one post with ONLY the 4 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

- It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
- Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
- No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

- You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
- You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

If it's your first entry or if you struggle with the picture settings, have a look at the tutorials below :
WHITE SANDS 1

WHITE SANDS 9

SHIRETOKO 3

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE :

March 31, 2021 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

I thought the time would never come! :lol:

Jokes aside though, this one actually suits my country really well as we've got an official national GT Sport championship going on at the moment. We have the best Spanish talents in Josete, Coque, or Brea competing to see who's the nation's finest! I'll definitely take some inspiration from what I'm seeing in this championship.

As always I'm excited to see how you guys would represent your home country (or another country for that matter) :D

Partners such as Michelin and Alpha must be used along with the flag of the nation you represent. GT numberboard 2 must be used and it cannot obscure any sponser logos. The car is your choice so do a one make livery, Gr3 or VGT concept.

What is the Alpha sponsor please? Not finding any decals for that!

Another question, would the use of British Racing Green be acceptable on a UK car as that's what's used in the world tour events?
I think that's fine in fact I'm sure PD has used this previously. The car does not have to only be flag colours. My idea was around a very strong national affiliation to the livery and colours. The flag colours I assumed would accentuate this. So flag colours are mandatory but they don't have to be the only ones. If you think you can do this without loosing the national identity go for it mate.

FINAL ENTRY

In doing a British, Union Jack, themed livery it absolutely had to be an Aston Martin for me - proper British engineering. Got the GB plates on for a finishing touch too. I quite enjoyed having a fiddle around with this, and looking forward to seeing some of other people's creativity too!

Feel free to check out my gallery and liveries on my GTS profile (AutoAlf https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/profile/13204762/overview )

Last edited:
I think that's fine in fact I'm sure PD has used this previously. The car does not have to only be flag colours. My idea was around a very strong national affiliation to the livery and colours. The flag colours I assumed would accentuate this. So flag colours are mandatory but they don't have to be the only ones. If you think you can do this without loosing the national identity go for it mate.

Thank you, British Racing Green it is :cheers:

I was thinking during the week that I’ve never seen an Irish Nations livery that I liked. Let’s see...

Edit: Don’t have the option for that specific number plate on some of the VGT cars

Last edited:
For this entry I wanted to do a livery for the UK so thanks for letting me use British Racing Green @Azabear6, much appreciated. For the car choice I decided upon the Huracán as I thought it'd make a good spec race as they do in the Super Trofeo series IRL.

With the theme I already knew what sponsors and logos I was going to use on the car. The pattern is inspired from looking at several real Huracán GT3 cars and taking the bits and aspects I liked from them that would work for in multiple colour schemes. I used a normal metallic green for the base and a semi matte finish for the decals to get the black details to stand out a bit more and add some contrast in textures. I finished off by adding a few small details such as the sponsors on the engine cover, Lamborghini bull on the roof and GT logos on top of the wing mirrors.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1632971/1/6413209434955186193

Last edited:
This might be useful. Turns out, Brazil has a national racing color! Which is yellow... that I would use anyway :lol: due to it be in the flag.

Thinking about it, now old Fittipaldi yellow cars make more sense.
Spain has national colors, but they're a little bit over the top for me. Judging by the article, though, the next best thing is F1 teams...

I guess HRT colors it is. :D

Great job mate!

Please, where have you found the side lines?
I've found two versions at the time but never managed to put them correctly on the car! Is that a new one or have you got a tip to do it?

It just took some fiddling about with the camera angle while placing the decals

Well, I really wanted to make something asymmetrical, and that's basically what I did, mixing green and yellow, the usual color combination used to represent Brazil on sports. I took some liberty with decals imagining regulatory itens, such as Gr.3 and the Gran Turismo Driver's Association badge as being mandatory, plus the GT logo got the green/yellow treatment instead of the traditional blue/red.

It was fun fighting all the way with myself, forcing it to be asymmetrical. Instead of avoiding differences between the sides, seeking for them.

As I am not yet entirely sure about this - kinda hard to make something look good with an obnoxious color combo - I'm defining my entry as not final yet because maybe I'll make some changes, but the overall concept won't be any different than this. But as I can't guarantee I'll get the free time to do it, I'm leaving it here anyway so, at the very least, I got something running in the poll.

This is probably the first livery I ever did without any GTPlanet decal. Feels weird.

Last edited:
Not sure if this helps guys. You don't have to do liveries for your own country you can choose which ever you like provided the livery, flag etc align. If you have an idea go for it.
PS_App_20210315_013622.jpeg
PS_App_20210315_013630.jpeg

FINAL ENTRY

I wasn't sure about the bonus pictures.
It specifies 2 "race" photos.
I've included a "race" photo that is strictly speaking still a scape and a proper race photo,
which unfortunately has changed the number template.
If needs be I can get another one @Azabear6

Back