CLOSED: The GT Sport Photo Mode Competition 10

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 103 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always. It helps to look at it in a post preview, that way you are seeing it at the same size that others will initially see it at, rather than at full resolution and full screen. There have been a number of times I decided to switch the entry up because some detail I really liked was lost at the smaller scale.

A good example of that is one of my previous PCars entries- the preview size is too small to really notice the sunlight peeking through the fog across the Oulton Park sign, which is the part of the picture I particularly liked. I probably should have gone with a different entry.

I hear ya, brother.

And another thing I can't seem to get past is that I need to pick a picture that will win the contest, and NOT the picture I think is the best in regards to the compositions of photography (and again, I'm a novice).

Again, new guy here... :indiff:

Do you guys struggle with what picture to use for the contests each week? I have a dozen or more pictures I've taken, and some of them don't even need mentioning, but there's a few I would consider entering, but I can't decide. I guess it comes with the territory, right?
i share most of my stuff, if it gets 20 likes in 5 minutes it must be doing something for someone, even if it doesn't particularly do anything for me :crazy::lol:

I'm an ex-combat photographer and most of the stuff i see on the social side looks terrible to me, but it will have 2,345 likes and nearly as many shares. What's popular and what's good don't always orbit the same object.

But, i don't really take any of this seriously. After years of working for the military and then doing weddings and stuff, this is just a fun thing to relax with.

Last edited:
i share most of my stuff, if it gets 20 likes in 5 minutes it must be doing something for someone, even if it doesn't particularly do anything for me :crazy::lol:

I'm an ex-combat photographer and most of the stuff i see on the social side looks terrible to me, but it will have 2,345 likes and nearly as many shares. What's popular and what's good don't always orbit the same object.

But, i don't really take any of this seriously. After years of working for the military and then doing weddings and stuff, this is just a fun thing to relax with.

I hear ya, a lot of the super upvoted stuff isnt good at all. Go figure.

adb
Sometimes, but I usually keep taking pics until one clicks and I'm like "that's the one" and quit trying anymore so I don't get confused, you know, less is more :D

...and we're all at the bottom looking up at the votes you've already gotten on your "that's the one" pic. :bowdown:

I ventured out of my comfort zone to at least *try* to compete with that. GJ!

Reactions: adb
...and we're all at the bottom looking up at the votes you've already gotten on your "that's the one" pic. :bowdown:

I ventured out of my comfort zone to at least *try* to compete with that. GJ!
Thanks mate, in PMC09 I got zero votes so we'll see this time around :D

FINAL ENTRY

20180217164349-640px.jpg

Edit: Just realised I'd totally missed the deadline! Ahh well, next time... :)

Again, new guy here... :indiff:

Do you guys struggle with what picture to use for the contests each week? I have a dozen or more pictures I've taken, and some of them don't even need mentioning, but there's a few I would consider entering, but I can't decide. I guess it comes with the territory, right?

Nope, not here. My main hobby is photography, and sometimes you can get 2-3 keepers out of 100 shots.

I know right?

I need something nerdy to obsess over and the new contest can't come soon enough.

Reactions: adb
Sorry for the late reply peeps. Been busy this week and as for the competition, I'm waiting @SlipZtrEm to messege me regarding this competition. I figured we both have been busy as well.

Stay tight, it's still well alive. Just a little slow. :cheers:

---

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the competition is officially CLOSED
Thank you for these lovely entries. I just can't get enough of Red Bull livery car!

Sorry to be negative but maybe there should be two hosts or something for these comps both with authority to keep it running if other is busy. And if the previous winner takes too long with the theme and/or top 30, sorry lost your chance the host will make those decisions. I’m saying this because in my experience these comps start dying when they are not run regurarly. And since there obviously is lot of interest for this one (and lot of very high quality interest !) it would be a real shame if this would go away.

I appreciate a lot the work @SlipZtrEm has been doing here, I just hope something could be done about this. Again sorry for the negativity. :(

Back in the days when there were 4 comps each week @Nato_777 had volunteered to help out with running things. There may have been 1 or 2 others as well but I forget now. The WRS has a team of stewards that all help keep things going. If anyone has time and would like to volunteer I'm sure @SlipZtrEm would appreciate the help.

Sorry to be negative but maybe there should be two hosts or something for these comps both with authority to keep it running if other is busy. And if the previous winner takes too long with the theme and/or top 30, sorry lost your chance the host will make those decisions. I’m saying this because in my experience these comps start dying when they are not run regurarly. And since there obviously is lot of interest for this one (and lot of very high quality interest !) it would be a real shame if this would go away.

I appreciate a lot the work @SlipZtrEm has been doing here, I just hope something could be done about this. Again sorry for the negativity. :(

The plan was actually to have two other co-hosts for the three comps (PCARS2, FM7, GTS). Unfortunately, just before they all went live, both backed out. I say that without malice — real life could and should come first.

No other parties have expressed interest in helping with the hosting since. If anybody is interested, I'd be more than happy to receive a PM about it. But so far, there's been nothing.

I should also point out that there's no one-click approach to making the polls. For the GT Sport one in particular (as it's the busiest), it requires going through the posts of each finalist and grabbing the code, then adding it to the body of the post, plus populating the poll itself. This is also slowed down by people not following the methods listed in the OP for posting images; it happens with around 20% of the entries, if not more. Any other method — like using the "Upload a File" button instead of GTP's Media section — slows things down, as I then have to rewrite the code to have it display properly in a new thread.

Plus, with the expansion of the news page, an accompanying article needs to go out. That requires time and effort as well.

The next batch will be going live over the next day or so.

Appreciate it, I'm just glad it's not going anywhere, I will learn to be more patient, I promise :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back